Tue, Oct 22, 2:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: How to create a MOR-File?

Joerg Weber ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 10:58 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 2:37 AM

Hi Yesterday I finished a new set of morphs and began asking myself, how to legally distribute them. Well, I stumbled upon something called a "MOR-File". Sounded just perfect - with one little problem: How do I create a MOR-File. I used freeware-tools and scripts found in renderosity-freestuff, but the MOR-Files created only had a reference to the new morph-target - not the geometry necessary. What I need is a file that contains only the morph-geometry-data. This file should be added to a figure already in existance, so that the morphs could be added to different versions of the victoria-model. Now for the question: Is this possible at all? Or am I doing something wrong with the creation of my MOR-Files? Is there a good and not to expensive tool for Poser 4 + Pro Pack, that allows the creation of MOR-Files that contain the necessary geometry? Thanks, Joerg

Zenman53186 ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 12:09 PM

A MOR file typically only contains parameter dial settings, not the object mesh. Morphs are distributed in one of two ways: 1) embedded in a CR2 file. This requires MorphManager or similar program to move the morph into a new figure 2) as .obj file which are imported via the Object menu.

JeffH ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 12:48 PM

The meaning of MOR seems to have changed. The original MOR injected morph deltas overwriting an exisiting one. The new use of MOR is a dial setting I notice. There is a slight tutorial for Morph Injecting MORs in the forum here. I'll look for it.

JeffH ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 12:51 PM
markdc ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 1:22 PM

There's also a python script in freestuff that does this.

Ironbear ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 3:34 PM

Attached Link: On Delta Injection by Jaager

There's also a thread on designing Delta Injection files in Poser Technical with some good tips from Jaager. He basically taught me to do it, although it took me a few tries to get it right. As JeffH stated, the definition of a MOR pose seems to have changed a bit. It now seems to generaly reffer to a pose file with morph info saved that sets the dial parameters of a morphset. Sometimes with extraneous info such as xyz and positioning coordinates stripped out to make it more compact, and to set the character without changing the posing or the spatial positioning. [Best way, in my opinion] You can get REAL tricky with those if you care to: I've designed a couple that combine delta injection, MOR pose settings, and Mat information all at once - kind of a "one click character setting" pose. ;]

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

Joerg Weber ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 4:37 PM

Thanks for all the tips. I will have to take a look into this "Delta-Injection". But there is no other way to inject a morphm than to replace another morph? That's not so good... The eyes do not really have enough morphs... Joerg

JeffH ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 4:57 PM

Then you can distribute them as a "stripped" obj file.

Joerg Weber ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 5:09 PM

How do I strip such an object-file? I read something about removing everything expect the v-Lines. Is this correct?

Jaager ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 5:31 PM

Joerg, Using a pose file to replace the morph deltas (which I call MORdonor) does require that the morph (targetGeom) that you use be present in the CR2. A MOR pose that sets the dial value (key) is also useless unless the morph whose dial you are changing is present. But that does not mean that you have to use a real morph to do it. If you select a group, make sure all morphs are zero, and spawn a new morph, all you must do is name this new morph (the shape 1 thing) to be the same as the name you have in the MORdonor. (Or do it the other way.) What this means is that you are adding a host/target morph to use. These host morphs need not have any deltas of their own. Spawning a new morph when all the morphs that you would be combining are zero, generates a morph with no deltas. The targetGeom NAME in the CR2 must be identical to the targetGeom NAME in the pose file - but that is all that is an absolute requirement. This actually is more practical for instantly switching between a multitude of character faces and body shapes without the figure having to have any real shape morphs - i.e. a 1 meg Vic that can be any existing morph based character (just one at a time - which is all you can do anyway.) Because this seems so complicated, when it is not really complicated at all, your best bet is to just copy your morphs to a CR2 that only provides the morph deltas to copy - using MM4, MC or worst comes to worst a text editor. This is a morph carrier. I have been using a CR2 extension, but I later realized that if you use a *.pz2 extension, you can provide and copy over the FBM dials in BODY - if there are any.

Joerg Weber ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 6:07 PM

Uhm guys... Maybe I should mention, that I am seriously script-challenged. I think I will stick with stripped object-files or something similar.

Ajax ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 6:19 PM

If you just want to distribute the morphs as obj files, there's a free utility called MorphSqueeze that takes out the vertex lines for you.

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

Joerg Weber ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 6:40 PM

Thanks.

Joerg Weber ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 6:44 PM

Uhm... does anyone know, where I can find that Morph-Squeeze-Application? I was unable to find Bushis Site or any of his freeware.

Ajax ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 7:58 PM

Bushi is a mod of this forum. You can click his name up at the top of the page to contact him. He'd know better than anybody where you can get it.

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

Joerg Weber ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2002 at 8:00 PM

Thanks

dke ( ) posted Tue, 22 October 2002 at 6:39 PM

You can try making stripped obj files for the morphs, using just a text editor and the delete key :) All the lines that begin with a single "v" are the vertex information, and everything else can be stripped. There are some head morphs at MorphWorld that use this approach, and I believe he mentioned somewhere that this was an acceptable practice to CL and DAZ. Might want to check the site to see exactly what he said. Some things you can dump for Poser morph files - all lines beginning with 1) vn (these are the normals) 2) vt (these are the texture coordinates) 3) f (these are the polygons, or faces) 4) # (these are comment lines 5) g (name a group) 6) usemtl (name a material) The ones that start with a single "v" followed by a space are the ones you need to keep.

Joerg Weber ( ) posted Tue, 22 October 2002 at 8:50 PM

Thanks, I found out how to strip the files. It is pretty easy and you won't need to use the text-editor: PHI-Builder 2.0 (Freeware by Roy Riggs) can open any object-file without the line-chaos produced by the text-editor. Works just perfect. Thanks a lot to all of you, Joerg

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.