Sat, Sep 21, 2:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:18 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: Post-Writing Game?

SpectreOfDesire ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 8:34 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:31 PM

In the poser forum, they have a post render game on occasion. I thought it might be neat to see something of the sort here. Where one person starts a thread, and the next continues, and so on, and so on. I think it might be fun to see the differences in writing styles and see what we eventually come up with. Feel free to post as many times as you want. And let's see what we end up with! So without further delay: (And pardon me if this is bad. I just woke up, and the idea hit me. ;) ) ---------------- After a dark, and rainy night, the daylight had come once again to grace the eyes of those awakening with morning's brilliance. Children rose soundlessly from their beds, stretching and preparing for the day to come and go as it always has, and always will. Even though sunlight peeked through, clouds and the feel of new rain hung in the air, stiffening joints and causing old bones to creak and groan in frustration. And though some tried to deny the fact that it was time to rise, they knew the day had begun, and it was time to begin again.

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 1:44 PM

(grinning)... I've hinted at that twice now, young lady, but had no takers. Perhaps, it needed some vibrant youthful person such as yourself to get it started. PS: And perhaps some parameters...such as word length.

tjames ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 6:54 PM

Spectre's a guy, Chuck.

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 7:12 PM

Figures! I think that's the second time I got that name confused. Seems like the last time was during chat. I'm thinking of Stormrage, I believe. I have a convenient excuse (besides age). I've been sick since Friday night and am a bit delerious. PS: Apologies to the masculine side of Spectre...grin

jstro ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2002 at 7:09 PM

I kind of agree with Chuck, some more parameters may be needed. But we'll see. One parameter I think you might want is that the previous part be included (like I did here) for continuity? Anyway, thought I'd give it a shot. Oh, by the way, how will you handle cross postings? I foresee split story lines here. Next. ;-) jon ======== After a dark, and rainy night, the daylight had come once again to grace the eyes of those awakening with morning's brilliance. Children rose soundlessly from their beds, stretching and preparing for the day to come and go as it always has, and always will. Even though sunlight peeked through, clouds and the feel of new rain hung in the air, stiffening joints and causing old bones to creak and groan in frustration. And though some tried to deny the fact that it was time to rise, they knew the day had begun, and it was time to begin again. And so Hans rose, planting his feet solidly on the cold floor beside their bed. He sat quietly for a moment, shaking off sleep, before quietly easing from the bed, careful not to wake Anna. He quickly dressed, collected his shoes and silently passed down the steps to the lower level. Once downstairs he moved about more freely and less quietly, clattering about in the kitchen to get the coffee on and his toast started. Today would be a momentous day. He contemplated the implications as he put on his shoes. He and Anna had hoped for this day for years, had patiently filed the necessary forms every year, only to be denied. But this year, Hans told himself, would be different. It had to be different, for Anna's biological clock was rapidly winding down. This year they had gotten a preliminary letter of acceptance from the Institute. If their luck held, and todays session went well... The toast popped up, breaking his train of thought.

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

jstro ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2002 at 7:19 PM

Would you like musings on why folks write what the add or would that contaminate the process? I think explanations of why people took certain tacts based on what was already there would be most enlightening. jon

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

SpectreOfDesire ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 1:46 PM

All that I want, is for your imagination to run wild. And just have fun with it. Split storylines don't bother me any. Just run with it and have a blast. (Sorry about the delay in response, cable modem was down a couple days.) And yes, using what was previously posted would work well. At least the last two paragraphs, so that if things do split off, people can keep up. And yes, I -am- a guy. ;)

Cerpher ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 2:00 PM

I have nightmares from doing this in High School: ============================================== And so Hans rose, planting his feet solidly on the cold floor beside their bed. He sat quietly for a moment, shaking off sleep, before quietly easing from the bed, careful not to wake Anna. He quickly dressed, collected his shoes and silently passed down the steps to the lower level. Once downstairs he moved about more freely and less quietly, clattering about in the kitchen to get the coffee on and his toast started. Today would be a momentous day. He contemplated the implications as he put on his shoes. He and Anna had hoped for this day for years, had patiently filed the necessary forms every year, only to be denied. But this year, Hans told himself, would be different. It had to be different, for Anna's biological clock was rapidly winding down. This year they had gotten a preliminary letter of acceptance from the Institute. If their luck held, and todays session went well... The toast popped up, breaking his train of thought. He grabbed the toast, plopped it onto a plate, poured a cup of coffee, black as Anna always enjoyed it, and made his way back to the bedroom to wake his beloved wife before thier appointment. "I didn't order breakfast." Anna said, her voice muffled in her pillow. "I know, but I thought it'd be nice to bring you something before you got ready." Hans replied, setting the plate and coffee on the bedside table. "What time is it?" She asked, sitting up in bed. The sheets falling off her naked body as the sunlight pouring through the curtains bathed her in gentle warmth. "It's Wednesday." Hans said, grinning. "Okay, what day is it?" She asked, hating to play his games so early. "Seven thirty." "Hmph." She grumbled, taking the coffee with a thankful nod before making her way to the bathroom.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.