Sat, Oct 5, 1:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Something JeffH doesn't want you to know about...PLEASE READ

pete_ ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 2:22 AM

Attached Link: http://www.dragonwalk.com/kermitfun.gif

Now it should no longer be a violation of the TOS...

pete_ ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 2:29 AM

...I was a LOT more than just a mod...I was a full fledged ADMIN..."here"...and you know what?? I always respected and cared about the membership...as it should be...and you know what else...?? Me and Jeff...we used to fight like cat's and dogs about that...same...things...time after time... JeffH is an awsome brain with poser and all the in's and out's of poser and he can be a nice guy too....but I think....sometimes he just gets so darn...fed up with...people...is that a good ways to be when you work...with..for...people?? Sometimes the sheer size and perhaps too much responsibilty on one person at once CAN get to ya...as you yourself just said...yes...one can get very...very...very tired, especially if one is up day and night sometimes trying to do stuff for folks and the place... But it is also a lot of fun...and you do feel like you make a difference....much like real life when you work with people, or customers...you begin to really care about all the thriving population here and whether this little city online is not only surviving....but flourishing....working for its' intentions... I....need to git to bed...sheesh...

Ironbear ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 1:49 PM

"And if you wish to not deal with having posts moved or deleted, just swing over to www.poserpros.com. Over there it's kinda like the wild west... everybody gets a gun, so be careful who you shoot at. :P" Or to 3D-Arena. We don't delete or edit threads either, and LadySilvermage wears black leather, lace and carries a whip. ;] All we need now is to get Greybro in and we can have a threeway site bidding war. grin "Over here!" "No no no! Over HERE!" "Oh, don't listen to THEM! Over HERE!"

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

c1rcle ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 2:04 PM

Black leather, lace & a whip? I'm on my way over there right now :) I see the server here is playing it's usual tricks on me, I posted a reply to pete this morning but does it show up? What I tried to say was pete you do come across as a power hungry would be dictator...oops I mean Admin..... j/k pete :) you always seem to me to be more clued up about the behind the scenes goings on than most of the ordinary folks here so I'm not really that surprised to hear you used to be an admin here.

Lapis ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 2:17 PM

I'm getting good at copying my posting so when the server coughs up and pukes it back I just have to paste it back, again, and again, and again until it finally swallows it whole.

pete_ ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 4:13 PM

[What I tried to say was pete you do come across as a power hungry would be dictator...oops]... I do hope your kidding....really.....?? I think I would be banging my head against the wall if I was seen this way....if anything I wish I had more confident things to say at times...I don't far too many times...power hungry..??...no...not at all...wishing I was way more confident at times when I am not...?....yup...fer sure... [.....again, and again, and again until it finally swallows it whole.].....now that's a 'powerful' way of putting things...Lapis...;-)

Lapis ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 4:19 PM

Pete, join is in poser forum. What the hell are you doing here lurking in the dark. Oh, by the way, here's some toast, eat up and lets go get jiggy and raise some hell.

Slynky ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 8:08 PM

dontcha hate it when you forget to clean your ears for a few days, and the waxy buildup is so big that it takes not one, but 4 q-tips (both sides as well) to clean out each ear cavity? Man, that really bites my cranker I tell ya.

AprilYSH ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 8:39 PM

JeffH is an awsome brain with poser and all the in's and out's of poser and he can be a nice guy too....but I think....sometimes he just gets so darn...fed up with...people...is that a good ways to be when you work...with..for...people?? sigh yawn Geeze, anyone with half a brain would get fed up after a while with all the navel gazing that goes on around here. Do something productive why don't yas? All this nitpicking isn't doing any good and is not changing anything. Yes I do believe he is good for people, he works at the constructive end of this "community" and gives short change to the nitpicking activity. That is what he is most useful for and I imagine that's what he gets paid those pennies for. Slynky, that's the most interesting thing said in this thread. lol sigh Still wish c&d does still exist so this stuff can go on in a contained area!

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

Lapis ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 8:40 PM

Save it and make a candle for someone special at Christmas.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 9:14 PM

Kudos to JeffH for doing a yeoman's job.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

pete_ ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2002 at 10:35 PM

No need to center me out...I never started this thread at all...

c1rcle ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2002 at 1:28 AM

yeah I was kidding pete :) actually I didn't think people actually get paid for being admins/mods but then I'm not one of them so I wouldn't know.

pete_ ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2002 at 5:15 AM

c1rcle, (nice nick, by the ways...very creative),...we never used to get paid...that just started...maybe...last year??....not sure...never was so when I was here....not compaining...this is just one of my "talking" threads where I tend to yammer on...so... Makes ya wonder eh...about this thread, "which I never started"...and other threads of late..."which I never started"...some say/complain that "some" mods and/or admins are "power mongers...."I" say that "some" forum hotshots think they are "divine deities" to be "curtzied to"...(they think)....and I am NOT talking about this here Renderosity forum unless there might be some "hidden" royal staff running this place too I'm not aware of... Makes you wonder then how some staff can get off being so cocky when they actually DO get paid??....I mean...ScottA makes a BIG point about how LITTLE the pay is....you know what ScottA??....the fact that there is even a "little pay" is way better than NO PAY AT ALL....this job is/can be fun...I think any job where you help folks and organize stuff and maintain stuff and fix stuff and especially when your making stuff grow and develope and watching it all go from a seed to a nice awsome healthy tree, that is also...an AWSOME feeling....ask Jack....ask Diane...heck...ask Clint....he still works here....ask Jeff...um...well, maybe not...most of them feel the same way...now...they get paid...maybe very little according to ScottA but heck...it's pay...it is something worth more than nothing for something...and believe me the rewards for working on forums come in more ways than "just money" so don't cry the blue's too hard... ...um....getting back to JeffH...you know...in many ways your not really being fair to the guy making all these threads against him...Jeff has stuck it our with Renderosity since the time of Willow all the ways through and through think...and thin...he IS an icon of Renderosity, and important part of the place...Jeff CAN get very tired like anyone else, he has his bad days like anyone else, he has days where he may just not wanna deal with the HairBall's of forums but he has a certain schedule to adhere too...and then...having been here such a loooong time...and knowing how Jeff is...perhaps he does ask himself at times..."why am I here?"....and then..."we", the members...are on his case...yeah...whther he might be just a slight cocky at times...you have to wonder if maybe we might be a slight more understanding and 'thankful' for all his past contributions of knowledge he HAS nourished to this place through helping members and toiling along, (you people have no idea what goes on behind the scenes and the work Jeff has to do that folks do not see),...you have to wonder if Jeff might be a whole lot nicer if he saw some gratitide rather than so much dissention.... I am just looking at both sides of the coin...you have to also realize...Jeff does have a life too...sometimes he might want to be with that life more but still feel's obligated to be here... I can understand that too... Perhaps we as members....can be too critical at times...the staff here DO check on each other and what's going on...like everything, to be done properly and fair...it all takes time....it does. Try to give em a break....sometimes members can expect too much too fast too.... Anyways...enough yammering from me for one inning...

c1rcle ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2002 at 5:40 AM

no actually pete it's a crap nick that I've somehow got stuck with wherever I go now, anyway I think the mods/admins do a really great job trying to keep everything in order, I remember from my days on IRC before I was a mod the times when they weren't on & the chaos it rapidly became till they showed up to kick off the troublemakers. No I'm not trying to butter them up or get into their good books :)

pete_ ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2002 at 5:52 AM

....but hey....why not....then all the members that do complian can imagine the staff with butter all over them....might make em feel better...imagine the slippery party they might have all buttery, dang...that's way better than mud wrastling!! ;-) As for their good books....well...if someone ever writes a best seller on the history of the poser forum and the impact it all had on 3D and its' prosperity/poplularity...you might just want to get in those good books...you are a part of the seed that grew ;-) Do you get what I mean here??...always read between the lines when I yammer on.... No...if you said suck up to them....blech....I would say that don't even do ya good anyways because the staff on these boards are not stupid, they do have their jobs for a reason and it is not a deprived mind...they can see right through a suck up and/or any kind of shoe polishing/foot massage....or kissing the...whatever....(I hate that last term...so disgustingly grosse...).... A toast to the "good books"...CHEERS! ;-)

c1rcle ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2002 at 6:43 AM

lol ok there may 1 or 2 I'd like to see smothered in butter but we'll not go into that too deeply ;) used to be called Apple polishers over here too like the kid who brings teacher an apple every day, if someone ever writes the book my name should be in it anyway.

pete_ ( ) posted Wed, 30 October 2002 at 7:13 AM

...and...makes the teacher suspicious on whether you be "cheating" on your tests...LOL! ;-) (we used to put thumbtacks on the teachers chairs....well only those that deserved it...)... snicker....I'm innocent I tell ya...innocent!! grin

Meandhi ( ) posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 9:42 AM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.