Sat, Oct 5, 10:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 9:59 am)

Subject: Coming soon to Free Stuff -- new cat eyes

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2002 at 9:36 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 10:25 AM

file_31824.jpg

Once my files are hosted again, I'll be able to offer these in Free Stuff.

Of all the animals bundled with Posers 3-5, only the lion and frog have poseable eyes. Although Capsces' 9Lives morphs have helped the Poser cat considerably, its eyes are still the worst of the bunch.

I've created high-resolution, poseable replacement eyes for the Poser cat. They have a construction similar to those of DAZ's Millennium figures, and are covered in a transparent outer layer for a better shine.

The eyes can be posed using their Rotate dials. They also work with Poser's "Point At" feature. Various pupil and iris morphs are built-in.

I'm currently refining a face morph that hides the original cat eyes and reshapes the eyesockets for a better fit. I'll also be adding a feature that causes the pupils to glow, Terminator-style, with the twist of a dial.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2002 at 9:38 PM

file_31825.jpg

... they also work with Lemurtek's Second Nature anthro feline characters, Tobi and Guenevere.

Momcat ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2002 at 10:16 PM

BLESS YOU!!!!

seaayre ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2002 at 10:47 PM

They look great. :)

freyfaxi ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2002 at 11:08 PM

Can't wait ! :)

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2002 at 11:12 PM

::tackle-hugs Little Dragon:: Thank you thank you thank you! I've been working on some avatar pics for a friend using Guenevere, and managed to cram Cake1's Real Eyes into her head. Works as long as I don't move them, but just doesn't pose very well. This will be so much better. Thank you!

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 16 November 2002 at 11:32 PM

Redfern wanted these for Guenevere, also. :) He reminded me to get off my scaly butt and finish them.

I haven't tested the eyes yet with Lemurtek's male feline characters, Thomas and Arthur, but will do so before they're posted. I'll have versions of these for the P4 horse, wolf, dog, and raptor eventually.

Here's an early test render of the glow feature:

Message814131.gif

The effect can be animated. And you won't need Pro Pack or Poser 5 to achieve this, either.

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 12:55 AM

L.D., For some reason I've been thinking about eyes lately - maybe it was bloodsong - she always seems to ask the best questions - the ones that make you think. Whatever it was - these look fantastic L.D.. I look forward to 'eyeballing' these later.(pun intended.) regarding "getting off ..." our "... scaley butts" brings up the question of ergonomics. Perhaps someone will start a thread on setting up a work area ergonomically. Anyrate, keep up the good work. You've done very well, - TJ

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 1:49 AM

ooh sooper, my cats say mrrreeoow, that means thankyou.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 2:26 AM

I thought mrrrmmm meant thank you in cat. (Perhaps there is a cat language difference between here and Great Britan.)

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 2:50 AM

Yes there must be, mind you sometimes thankyou is said as mmmmrrrm, but more often they use that to say hallo, glad to see you, now will you give me a treat.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 4:43 AM

My Free Stuff is back online, thanks to the generous actions of Jaqui. I'll finish the eyes tonight, and post them sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Sue88 ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 8:56 AM

This is great, LD, thank you! :)

lhiannan ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 9:30 AM

My cat wouldn't know the difference between mrmmmm and mrreow, she never bothers saying "thank you". LD, the eyes look great, looking forward to them.

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 10:18 AM

They're beautiful. The irises look like real cat eyes. The only problem I have is that my cats don't show the whites. The iris fills the whole eye, uneless they're looking extremely in a direction, then only a tiny bit of white will show at the corner. Also, the Poser cat's eyes are shaped wrong. Cats eyes are usually almost totally round. At least my cats' eyes are. By black one has eyes that look like huge round saucers. These comments aren't regarding your wonderful texture, Little Dragon, those eyes are gorgeous! It's the Poser cat. They just didn't make him right. It would sure be nice to see a Millennium cat, maybe, what has more realistic features. Melanie

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 4:01 PM

I've increased the size of the anime/large-iris morph slightly, but it's about as large as I can make it without causing severe structural problems with the eyeball.

Capsces' 9Lives face-shape morphs might work well with the new eyes; I believe there's a round-eyesocket morph among them.

After a few mistrials, I successfully added the glow feature to the cat's eye props. I'll be working on Tobi and Guen next.

The glow is a layered mesh with transparency and high ambient colour settings, hidden inside the eyeball. My first generation AnthroEyes, which Redfern beta-tested, didn't have this volumetric mesh. By using a text editor and Morph Manager, I managed to add additional geometry to the original prop without messing up the morphs. I'm rather insufferably proud of this, as it means I don't have to completely rebuild the prop from scratch.

The AnthroEyes should be posted in Free Stuff within a couple of hours.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 6:29 PM

All done. Get 'em while the server's still running. :)

http://www.renderosity.com/freestuff.ez?Form.Contrib=Little%5FDragon&Topsectionid=0

Redfern ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 9:42 PM

file_31826.jpg

Here's a test I made using Little Dragon's prototypes. I spun the morph dial that increases the iris to a setting of 2. Credits: Eyes: AnthroEyes by Little Dragon (Duh!) Figure: Guenevere by Lemurtek Hair: P4 Male Hair # 1 transmapped by Kozaburo Set: Antares Bridge by Mobius87 Rest: Moi

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

Redfern ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2002 at 9:46 PM

file_31827.jpg

Here's another test I made using Little Dragon's prototypes, this time demonstrating the "glow" morph. Again, I spun the morph dial that increases the iris to a setting of 2. Credits: Eyes: AnthroEyes by Little Dragon (Duh!) Figure: Guenevere by Lemurtek Hair: P4 Male Hair # 1 transmapped by Kozaburo Rest: Moi

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 12:38 AM

chohole, bikermouse, lhiannan:

Cat-to-English Dictionary
C2E, Revised Edition

Redfern:

Lt. Mzzkiti doesn't look quite so cute and cuddly when she's caught in the highbeams, does she?

Redfern ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 8:44 AM

Caught in the high beams? In that case, I'd better have Mzzkiti do a Tex Avery "wild take." Because we all know what's gonna' happen in the next split second! Hmm, if Mzzkiti were the victim of a "hit and run" while on Mars, would she be known there after as a Martian Flat Cat? I will award the coveted "no-prize" to the first person to correctly identify the reference.

Jaqui ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 8:47 AM

Redfern danged if I can remember and I've read the book. I know I have.

Redfern ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 8:58 AM

Jaqui, I will admit you're on the right track. It is a literary reference as opposed to one from film or television. Here's a hint, few people associate title with the book. Instead, they think of a world famous music group.

lhiannan ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 9:04 AM

The Rolling Stones. Fuzzy Britches :)

Jaqui ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 9:08 AM

~l~ that doesn't help. I have always associated books by title and or author only. and have read on average 200 books a year, some years closer to 1000 way to large a database of books to sift through for the title. the actual phrasing of "martian flat cat" strikes me as Heinleinian in nature, though it could also be Tubb, Smith or Asimov as easily. Tubb didn't run to fauna in his works, nor did Smith, but both Heinlein and Asimov included the Fauna.......not Norton, definately not Mcaffery..... nope I'm stumped.

Jaqui ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 9:11 AM

The Rolling Stones collection by Heinlein.... yup rings a chord

Redfern ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 9:25 AM

I consider yo both winners. Jaqui, you win due to the sheer number of books you've read. You date Evlyn Wood? ;-) lhiannan, though you chimed in second, you correctly guessed the book. Er, I hope the two of you realize that the "no prize" is just that, no prize. But you do receive the public acknowledgment that you're both well read. Thanks for playing!

Jaqui ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2002 at 9:51 AM

~l~ Redfern, you'ld have to take that up with Stormrage, she is my wife. if I remember correctly, the original of the "Rolling Stone's" stories was only a short story, which later grew to become a collection of anecdotes in the lives of the Family Stone ( which may have been a contributing factor to the name of another band. "Sly and the Family Stone" )

ToolmakerSteve ( ) posted Thu, 21 November 2002 at 2:11 PM

Meow. Rowrrr.

HaiGan ( ) posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 7:51 AM

I just found this thread. Wow! Great looking eyes!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.