Tue, Oct 22, 3:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: OK so how do I legally distribute a Victoria based figure?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2002 at 4:40 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:22 AM

As some might know I'm currently trying to make some RealWorld people. They'll be based on the millennium figures, and now my question is: How do I legally distribute those?

I've tried making a MOR pose with Morph Manager, as it was shown earlier today, but the problem is I've used BOTH FBM's AND regular morphs. And Morph Manager can't see the FBM's as separate morphs. So when I apply the MOR pose, the effect is far too subtle. And some places all wrong.

Can I distribute them as PZ3's? A pz3 will, to my knowledge, be useless without the figure used in them, in this case if you do not own Victoria, the pz3 will open an empty file. But is it legal? And can it be done in a more practical way? If so, then HOW?

Oh and I'm using PPP.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2002 at 4:42 PM

I forgot to mention that there is also a few custom magnet-made morphs.

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

bloodsong ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2002 at 5:08 PM

heyas; i dunno if the pz3's are good, because they are pretty much the same as cr2's in the morph department, and it's the v2 morphs that are non-distributable and what makes that such a pain. if you change the cr2 to a pp2 extension, and load it into morph manager, i believe then it will see the body and the fbm dials. if that doesn't work, you should use the cr2 editing method of creating mor files, which pam posted a bit earlier than that morph manager mor file creation tutorial. the fastest way, really, would be to save your morphs as a pose with 'include morph targets' as yes, then save the cr2/pz3 and transfer the body dials into the pz2 that was made. remember to delete out the rotation and scaling dials, too. now if you made NEW morphs, you can distribute them, either in a cr2 or as squished morph objs. then the user will have to load them onto his/her victoria, then apply your mor poses, and they should be all set.

Jaager ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2002 at 5:15 PM

If it is V2, you may not use either a cr2 or a pz3 to do what you wish to do. Both contain morphs that you are not allowed to redistribute. A pose file - will do what you wish. MM4 does not see FBM in BODY from a cr2 - true It does see them if you change the file extension from .cr2 to .pz2 Assuming that you are copying the data into a pose file that Poser generated, you have another problem - no place to copy the FBM data now that you see. Poser treats things "BODY" as being at the scene level not at the figure level. You must paste in a slot for the BODY dials into the pose file you are building version { number 4.01 } ******************************* actor BODY:1 { channels { } } ****************************** actor hip:1 The text between the ***** must be pasted in, so that the BODY stuff has somewhere to go. Then - for your own morphs - from your magnets - copy them to the pose file you are building. each of the full morphs that you copy will begin with: targetGeom YOURNAME and have the full morph data The existing Vic morphs will have this sort of data: targetGeom Faerie { keys { k 0 0 } } You pick an existing morph, that you are not using change targetGeom YOURNAME to targetGeom Faerie and delete the whole section for the morph you just took over. Faerie is just an example. You can also paste in the Materials section, if you are providing textures - or use a utility to generate a MAT pose and paste that into the pose file you are building. When a CR2 is changed to a pz2 and opened in MM4, other channels also appear, channels like scale. So, if you character has scaling, you can copy those channels over as well.

lalverson ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2002 at 5:46 PM

Attached Link: Vicky P4LE

Victoria 2.0 CR2 file CANNOT be re-distributed. Legal Distribution of add-ons for Victoria 2.0 For the freely distributable Victoria 1 CR2 file, see the Victoria 1 Product Page. For a freely distributable Vicki 2 P4 cr2, download the Vicki 2 P4 LE installer below: vicki2p4le.exe vicki2p4le.sit The Victoria 2.0 CR2 will not overwrite the Victoria 1 CR2. The Vicki 2 P4 figure contains the Victoria 2 head morphs but not the body morphs.

nickedshield ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2002 at 6:35 PM

Would Obj Mover be a suitable solution? I thought it created a PCF file and the recipient had to have the 'seed', in this case Victoria, in order to decode.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 22 November 2002 at 9:55 PM

nickedshield - The problem here are the Victoria2 morphs which cannot be distributed. If she did as you said, than anyone with Victoria 1 could decode it and get all the vicki 2 morphs. Not good. A MOR pose and injection MOR would be the best bet for distribution.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 23 November 2002 at 4:00 AM

gee you peeps are close to loosing me here... I never expected this to be so difficult. So I can freely share a FC2 file but not the whole body, right? I didn't try renaming the CR2 to PZ2 - yet. I'll try that then. And Lyrra, isn't Ojb mover relying on the obj? Does V1 and V2 have the same obj? I did think of that as a solution, but so far I've nly DEcoded things with it, so I wasn't (and isn't) sure how it works. But a MOR pose is legal? If I can make that work, of course.

herr67 ( ) posted Sat, 23 November 2002 at 6:34 AM

I used a python script included in P5 to make a pose file with only morph dial settings in the .pz2 file. It didn't quite work, the FBM was doubled (Body had the FBM AND all the other parts (hip, chest, ect) also had the FBM so I had the edit the .pz2 with notepad to remove the unwanted stuff). ------ { version { number 4.01 } actor BODY:3 { channels { valueParm Muscular { keys { k 0 0.5 } } valueParm Tone { keys { k 0 0.0 } } {snip} ----- as you see only the morph name and setting is saved not the data to make the morph.

nickedshield ( ) posted Sat, 23 November 2002 at 9:21 AM

The following excerpt is from Daz'site. It may help answer your question. "We permit complimentary derivative works when such works are not distributed in a manner allowing people to bypass the need for the original products from which they were created. DAZ has always conducted business in this way. A simple rule of thumb is that if a derivative work compliments and requires the product from which it was created we do not have a problem with it. If the product competes with or replaces the need for the original product from which is was created it is a problem." BTW, Vicky and Vicky2 are two diffeerent meshes.

lhiannan ( ) posted Sat, 23 November 2002 at 9:47 AM

Actually, they both use the blMilWom.obj. All V2 is is V1 with extra morphs, the same difference between M1 and M2.

nickedshield ( ) posted Sat, 23 November 2002 at 10:06 AM

Sorry, my mistake. I still have a lot to learn.

Jaager ( ) posted Sat, 23 November 2002 at 2:49 PM

V2P4 is a different geometry, but V2 is not V2P4, it just comes with V2. It is not complicated, it just seems that way. A morph that you have made is yours - the stripped part -or the deltas - which is a really stripped part. As long as you do not provide the complete geometry, (just the v section or the d version of the v section ) it is yours to distribute. - loose *.obj, in a morph carrier, in a fuctioning cr2, or as MIpose. Your choice. The MIpose (MORdonor / Delta Injection) method is the easiest way for the final user, all they do is click a pose file. Look, you are used to what a MORpose file does = changes the dial value line - k 0 0 to k 0 1 (or some other value)? It just replaces that line in the morph. By having a complete morph in a pose file, and having the real (internal) name of that morph be the name of a morph in the cr2 you will use it on, it does not only replace the k 0 0 line. It replaces EVERY line - but the internal name line. The internal name is the key to this. You must use an existing internal name, you cannot put in a whole new morph, you are just doing a sorta big alteration of one that is there. You can use a DAZ morph to be the target (host) or you can put in a morph of your own to provide the name. When doing a V2 based character, using a DAZ morph is best - as someone else pointed out Spandex is a good host. For the head, there are plenty of eccentric morphs better overwritten than used. LesBently has just shown that the actual structure of the host morph can be remarkably small, but you probably need to be comfortable with text editing the files to take advantage of this.

bloodsong ( ) posted Sat, 23 November 2002 at 7:30 PM

heyas; are you trying to make poor trekkie girl's head explode?? :) tg: you can't distribute victoria 2's cr2, and that's that. (or a pz3 with her in it.) you can distribute an fc2 file (head morphs). you can distribute a pz2 file (pose file). you can distribute your own 'squished' morphs (obj file). you can put the body fbm dial settings into a pz2 fairly easily. er, just don't rename your cr2 to pz2 and distrubute THAT, that's wrong. :) okay?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.