Thu, Oct 24, 11:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 24 1:32 pm)

Subject: does anybody know how to get a higher dpi on the pics

Hardwick ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2000 at 4:48 PM ยท edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 4:56 AM

Attached Link: http://hardwicks.freewebsites.com

Having a big problem im going to print some pics on a poster and the problem is that the dpi on the pics are to low to make a big poster so now im woundering if anybody knows how to get higher resolution on the pics so i can print them

Varian ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2000 at 2:17 AM

Hi Hardwick, DPI refers to "dots per inch" which is only applicable on the printing end of things. On the screen, resolution is measured by pixels. To make a long story short, to be able to print with a higher DPI, you need to render with more pixels...in other words, render LARGE. In the case of a poster, render ENORMOUS! You may need to experiment with a minimal rendering to determine the best size, but think in terms of 4-digits for the pixels, for instance, start experimenting somewhere around 1500 or 1600 pixels in width. Check your printer manual for additional info that may apply for your particular printer. :) Varian -- Treasures d'Esprit http://www.varian.net/dreamview/dreamtools/vue/

jarm ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2000 at 5:28 PM

I do a lot of large format printing for my firm, usually we use A1-A0 paper. Generally to get a good full-page image at these page sizes you need at least 2500xXXXX (ratio) images to get a clear image. Basically leave your computer on over night :-)

Hardwick ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2000 at 7:58 AM

thanx for the tips i will to rendering the pics much larger

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.