Thu, Sep 19, 6:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: C2 transparency not working, need help...

bijouchat ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 4:56 PM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 12:26 AM

file_38784.jpg

I know I know, its the same old time after time answered question... but I'm ripping my hair out over it (and its a lot of hair) after looking up all the tutorials I can find, and looking through the forum messages, and none working completely satisfactorily... I am trying to get a decent transmap for an eyelash so I don't have to postwork it in... is it possible not to make Mike not look like he's got falsies on... ugh... please :)) anyway here's a render of what I'm dealing with and my shader tree.

bijouchat ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 4:57 PM

file_38785.jpg

and here's the shader tree

Patrick_210 ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2002 at 9:53 AM

file_38786.jpg

Here's the way to make transmaps work properly.

Patrick_210 ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2002 at 9:56 AM

BTW, credit goes to Litst for posting this on the Yahoo Carrara Group. This should probably be posted in the backroom here if it isn't already. Patrick Tuten

bijouchat ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2002 at 10:16 AM

thanks a lot! ****saves that screenshot now!!

bijouchat ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2002 at 4:20 PM

well still not working on the lash trans but thanks... I think I know what the problem is, going to do some experiments... I think its because the lash is not a flat plane but rather a lash shaped box, I think if I make a new lash prop that is 4 flat planes (not too close together), I will fix this problem AND get the realism I want :) something to do, anyway! Otherwise the figures look amazingly realistic and I really want to crack this nut to use my Poser figures in my Carrara scenes. I like Carrara much better as a shader and renderer!

bijouchat ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2002 at 4:25 PM

now I'm up on them closer...and they are flat planes, anyway, I think they are too close together and carrara is rendering them black... off to morph them... thanks for the help :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.