Sat, Sep 21, 6:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Having some trouble with adding decal textures

ghst32 ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2003 at 4:15 PM · edited Thu, 08 August 2024 at 11:06 AM

I have an object with a texture and a bumpmap. I want to add a small decal in a specific place on the object over top of the texture that is already there. The decal is a picture, a .gif i think. Im having trouble combining the original texture with the small decal in the material library. any suggestions of things to try would be helpfull, thanks.

Quest ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2003 at 8:08 PM

file_50849.jpg

Duplicate your object and scale the duplicate by a very small amount so that it is barely larger than the original and apply your decal to it. Make sure the invisible portion of the decal is black and make a black and white image using the original decal image but the inside visible area is completely white and use that image as your alpha channel.

Quest ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2003 at 8:13 PM

P.S. Group the two objects together

haloedrain ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2003 at 8:59 PM

or to get the same effect as the above image you could use only one cube and put a texture in channel A and a picture (such as the smiley face above) in channels B and C

ghst32 ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2003 at 9:01 PM

Yes that will work I think, thanks alot.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.