Tue, Oct 1, 7:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Now that we have all them new mats- question of organization....again..;)

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2003 at 4:53 PM ยท edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 8:09 PM

A while back there was a thread relating to being able to group your mats in seperate folders (of your creation, not the 'installed' ones), modifying a file, or maybe copying it? It's getting to the point where I spend more time searching for mats than I do actually using them..;) I know it can be done, and I think I know who knows how, but why keep the knowledge to myself?..;)
i.e., you could have a folder of 'metal' mats, a folder of 'stone' mats, etc..and when you pulled up 'user', you could go to the source, instead of the order loaded..just want to know..because it's time..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2003 at 6:47 PM
Forum Moderator

Go to your presets folder. Then your materials folder. Select the 'user.mats file and copy it to somewhere else. Rename the user.mats to 'metals.mat or something else. Paste it back in your presets/materials folder. Open Bryce and the materials drop-down. Delete the .mats already there and replace them with the metal .mats you want. There you go....

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

burgi ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2003 at 6:47 PM

i'm working on a tutorial to show exactly how to do it! so no-one say anything until its finished, friday(ish) maybe late wendesday if i get my finger out and take the screenshots i need. i'm really sorry i missed this months challenage, everything was on course for being in on time but i (like a fool) acceptted more hours at work while the sale cataloge was out. http://www.cottontraders.co.uk quick plug there, sorry. i work on the orderline (yes i'm a call centre worker! incoming calls only!) processing telephone orders. dull but it pays well. i'm now well on course for broadband! sorry, pakled, for hi-jacking your thread. you csn have it back now! john ps: will post my "late" entry to the challenage ASAP, prehaps friday. if i can be bothered.

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2003 at 6:48 PM
Forum Moderator

Sorry, Burgi! beat you to it............

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Zhann ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2003 at 7:00 PM

I just created a blank user file from the one that comes with Bryce and started putting them in there. Pick the user file in Bryce, copy it in place, rename it, delete anything in it, start saving your mats to it.....when you want to export you can 'select all' and export as one collection, or select individual mats for export to a folder somewhere else (a good thing if Bryce goes ballistic), zip'em up and mail... BTW, you can only have 14 collections open at a time. If you really want to get organized, in the 'user folder' proper create other folders with the mats grouped according to type (labeled)and you can switch them for use by taking whats in the 'user folder' proper, which displays in Bryce, and put those in their own folder(s), then move everything out of the folder you want into the 'user folder' proper. These should then show up on the popup in the mat lab under 'USER', that way you can rotate mats on a particular wip, then put them away and use other mats for a new project.....does this make any sense?

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

burgi ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2003 at 9:13 PM

bastards! all that work down the bloody plug hole! never mind, i'll post it anyway. just for something to do really. John

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2003 at 11:02 AM

hey, go ahead and post the tutorial..I'm printing this sucker out, but I'm sure someday someone else will try to load 300 mats (my bad) into Bryce and start grumbling about finding a needle in a haystack. Thanks to all, I just figure that once I got it, others might find it useful as well...(1460 mats and counting..love databases..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

catlin_mc ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2003 at 5:17 PM

There are always newbee's coming to Bryce so your tut will be useful burgi for pointing too in the future when someone asks. This is something I've been told about on several occasions but I keep forgeting "how to" by the time I come to do it, so I need a tut too. 8) Catlin BTW, cottontraders make really good stuff, is there a chance of getting a discount burgi for your R'osity friends? I had to ask.................lol 8D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.