Fri, Sep 20, 12:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: --IMPORTANT SURVEY--: Do You visit the PRODUCT SHOWCASE?

Dave ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 4:25 PM

Very rarely check that forum unless directed to do so. I check this forum on a daily basis. Dave

HeavyRay ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 4:29 PM

I check it daily... I like to see what's coming down the pike (WIP) or completed goods (both here and throughout the community.) I find it near impossible to visit ALL the various stores, so those vendors that DO post in the Showcase here, are more apt to get my attention (and $$). It's also a good "budgeting tool" in that I can throttle the cash flow a bit better, knowing that one item that I simply "cannot live without" will be available soon...

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I DO look in the Showcase, and I'd prefer that merchants would use that forum as the venue for displaying their wares (WIP, completed, sold both here & elsewhere!)

DraX ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 4:40 PM

So essentially the results of this so far show that the Showcase has both it's pros and cons...

Perhaps there is some way that Renerosity can put a little more attention to that forum in such a way that people browsing here can see what's going on in there or what's new there without having to views the threads themselves?

Something like this comes to mind:

f_banner.jpg - - - - - -

August Poser Challenge: Across the Dimensions - - - - - -

Latest Poser patches/SR's are available here. - - - - - -

When asking a question it would be helpful if you could state what version/SR of Poser you are using. - - - - - -

Latest Product Showcase Post:

Mysteries of The Goddess by RC Styles Image (4 replies) by Cimerone on 8/9/03 16:06

Be sure to check the Product Showcase regurlarly for news and updates about new products becoming available!!!

pizazz ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 4:41 PM

Yes - the merchants have some nice little contests in there. I've won some nice stuff.

dreamer728 ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 4:43 PM

i dont usually go to the product showcase, i just dont usually have time - i read the posts here, look in the gallery, and try to spend at least some time rendering! there just arent enough hours in the day to go through everything...

brycetech ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 4:48 PM

lol I just noticed something look at the banner for the poser forum here at the top of the page... what does it say this forum is for? lol BT

shazz501 ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 4:49 PM

i visit there every day,many times a day the same as i do this forum,i enjoy seeing what people are making for release (especially ladylittlefox..lol) i'm not a merchant and don't have nearly enough talent to ever become one,i just like window shopping :)

capsces ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 4:56 PM

You know, the images I come in here and post just show what I enjoy doing. I enjoy making Poser morphs and I enjoy sharing images of the different faces I come up with. I enjoy the feedback from those who leave it. Obviously, the majority of people here are offended by these posts. I thought the Poser Forum was for anything Poser related. However, I'm not sure it is for anyhting but complaining. I, personally, don't see how people tolerate gads of threads with people complaining about one thing or another, yet can't tolerate an image showing off something being created for Poser. :( Beth

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 4:57 PM

I mostly check it when I have posted something there myself. My reading order is This forum, then Merchants then sometimes Poser Technical or Forum News and if I still feel I have time to kill, THEN PS. But it also depends on whether or not I feel this URGE to spend some money or not L

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 5:04 PM

I don't shop often, but I typically check the Product Showcase forum once or twice a day, just to keep up with what's available.

DraX ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 5:19 PM

Well, do you people check the Product Showcase because you have to or would you rather have some way of seeing what's up and coming without having it segragated from the forum? I was an opponent of the Product Showcase forum when it was started, went on hiatus, and am still an opponent of it now. Beth (capsces) said it VERY well

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 5:21 PM

Yes for me...I like seeing previews of new products, sales announcements, and previews there.

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 5:23 PM

I don't check the Product Showcase, because I don't want to be innundated with ads. I come to the Poser forum for tips, freebies, and discussion. If I want to see what's available, I'll swing through the marketplace.

Sasha_Maurice ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 6:06 PM

Very rarely...but I check out the whats new in the marketplace a couple times a day.

Crescent ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 6:08 PM

When you click on the Product Showcase area in the Poser Forum banner, it takes you to the Product Showcase Forum. Not an oopsie. ;-)

sturkwurk ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 6:14 PM

Ok, I'll revist my answer. I'm a merchant/broker and an artist... oh and even a professional. (I've been in the graphic arts since 1985) I go to the Product Showcase forum and gallery to see what's new... to look for something that sparks my imagination for new images etc. Usually the images there are larger and it's nice to ask the vendor some direct questions before tracking down the product and buying it. I really don't use it to check out the competition. I don't want to go to the Poser Forum and get bogged down with blatent ads for products, posted by the creators of those products. Reviews, I love em! It's nice to see what someone else thinks of a product. Illusions is exactly correct, the Poser Forum would be a joke if all the merchants started posting WIPs and product showcase material there... And there's well more then a 1000 merchants if you start counting vendors from outside Renderosity that post here too. Doug

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

sparrowheart ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 6:18 PM

I check on the Product Showcase several times a day. It helps a lot with managing my Poser budget to know what is coming along on the horizon. We all have had that sinking feeling that occurs when something too good to pass by arrives, or is put on sale at a deep discount, during a time period when we have no more to spend on Poser. The Product Showcase helps me to plan my purchases a bit better. And Beth, personally, I love every one of the images you have posted, and when I see you have posted one in a thread here, I always go to have a look at it, even though I may not post anything in reply. I don't see a problem with showing your work from day to day at all. Kimberly

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 6:22 PM

Hardly ever. I have wandered across there maybe a dozen times in the pat year.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

geoegress ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 6:26 PM

sure - I go there ever couple of months

_dodger ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 6:36 PM

I go into the Product Showcase forum when I have a Product Showcase post of some sort to make. Sometimes I look through the more recent ones that other people have put up, or anything posted by certain people whose names catch my eye (SAMS3D, Bloodsong, Curio, etc.) I think it would work better to have everything in one forum and have a flag for 'Commercial' as well as those for 'Nudity' and 'Violence'. I think it would be nice to have a 'Fluff' flag too, to designate toonimal renders and bad humour. And we should have in our member options the ability to turn off/filter all of these like we do the nudity and violence in the galleries. And I think we should be allowed to filter against individuals as well. Of course, that's why I'm building things like this into XFX3d.com

brycetech ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 6:47 PM

stopping ebots--as this is a dead horse :)

sandoppe ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 7:47 PM

I visit the Product Showcase almost every day. It's where I can find out what is coming out before it's even released. Helps me plan my never ending purchases :)

queri ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 8:20 PM

I check it every day. It's the best place to directly question the merchant about an upcoming or current item in the marketplace. And you often see more than is allowed in the promo ads. For WIP's it's a chance to give some feedback on the final product. Emily

chriscox ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 8:23 PM

Hardly ever visit it but glad it there so I dont have to wade through all that stuff. Chris Cox

Chris Cox

Spit ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 9:35 PM

I visit a couple times a day. But, dammit peoples, the Poser Forum is not just for technical crap. It's a COMMUNITY for heaven's sake. I'm sick of this whole damn subject.

kayjay97 ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 9:57 PM

Hell, I almost live in the Product Showcase. LOL ...shrug..... pics from merchants showing their new products don't bother me. I mean, lots of people post WIPs of the graphics they are doing when there is a gallery available. To me it's all Poser related :)

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

pendarian ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 10:32 PM

I vist there at least once a day. The two things that influence me to purchase. The Product Showcase and the promos and text in the marketplace. NOT the banners or the ads elsewhere, those just annoy me. Pendy

fretshredder ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 11:26 PM

Sad to say that I go there almost as often as I come here. I don't necessarily go there when I am ready to spend $$ either. Rather, I go to see what's in the works and keep current on things like that :-)

rain ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 12:32 AM

Yes...on a regular basis.

Larry F ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 4:41 AM

What rain said. Probably a bit more regularly though, having long been diagnosed as a "dedicated impulse buyer", a pathology of sorts. Although I don't always buy just to be buying. No, really I don't. Honestly. Well, at least sincerely!

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 6:58 AM

I check it out 3-4 times a week, since my spending is limited. I usually find a couple of contests that I wished that I'd seen earlier! However, merchants who have items elsewhere post in the pS, too, so I get to see a wider array of merchandise, and from a different perspective than the Marketplace promos. Carolly

c1rcle ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 7:35 AM

for the last 2 months I've visited the showcase forum 3-4 times a day :)

huskydog ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 7:51 AM

Yes. I check it once a day to see what's new/upcoming.

Ian Porter ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 8:45 AM

I always check the showcase.

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 8:45 AM

nope, never deliberately go there..have no credit, credit cards, etc., so unless they'd take cash in an envelope, I couldn't even buy anything..but that's me. Love the freestuff, tho.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 10:28 AM

Yes, I'm a merchant (maybe even here, again), no, I seldom visit it other than to check for replys to my own posting. I still think it is a ghetto. ghetto 2: a quarter of a city in which members of a minority group live esp. because of social,legal or economic pressure b: a situation that resembles a a ghetto esp. in conferring inferior status or limiting opportunity I like dodger's idea.

dialyn ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 11:17 AM

The slum is in the mind of the beholder...you find what you seek. I don't find a ghetto. I find a treasure trove.

Caly ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 11:24 AM

I didn't even know it existed and what it was 'til a few months ago, so obviously I didn't visit there often. Now I go everyday if I have the time.

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

Phantast ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 11:51 AM

Normally I never look at it. Consumer, not a merchant.

_dodger ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 12:16 PM

Okay, now, with quotes like these: Hardly ever visit it but glad it there so I dont have to wade through all that stuff. That is exactly the kind of attitude that I think sites like this could do without. THAT is what qualifies the PS as a Ghetto. 'I don't want to see any ads, I want to have Renderosity be for me and me alone. I don't give a fuck if Renderosity is funded or not or if it actually forms a profitable business model, I just want to look through the forums, read a litt,e and then grab all the Free Stuff I can carry and get the hell outta Dodge' That is what that sounds like to me. And while I may not be able to do anything about it here, if you ever hop over to XFX3d.com especially after it's finished and up and running full force, I just want to clarify that such attitudes will NOT be welcome there, and my site will NOT be catering to the Rape-the-Forums-and-Pillage-the-Freestuff crowd. As a matter of a fact there will be NO free stuff section -- all the Free Stuff will be mixed into the marketplace so that you HAVE to see any related non-free products at the same time.

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 12:55 PM

Very rarely unless I want more info on a product I am looking at in the marketplace. I would rather see it back in the forums. Peggy

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

sandoppe ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 12:57 PM

Go get 'em Dodger!! :) A consumer.....who "buys" a lot. Be sure and let me know when your site is ready!!

DraX ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 1:23 PM

There's a lot being said in this thread that echoes my opinion of the PS... Obviously there's enough people responding to this thread in dissatisfaction that I'm not alone in feeling that there's a problem with the PS.

Stormrage ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 1:27 PM

yes but is it the majority? Sorry I don't want to have to wade through hundreds of ads. If renderosity changes the policy to ads being put here in the poser forum I think that Thats' the best time to stop reading the Poser forum. And i don;t think i am alone in that.

DraX ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 1:31 PM

No, but it's not exactly a small minority of the people who posted in this thread, either. Without manually counting how many people responded, let's say we've got roughly 30% of the people who posted here who either hate the PS or ignore it.... Obviously, that's a problem, and there should be some means of solving it.

Stormrage ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 1:35 PM

I see your point Yes I do think merchants need more exposure.. but i don;t think ads here in this forum are the best idea

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 1:38 PM

I don't look at the Product Showcase. I agree with Stormrage, that if the Poser forum got overrun with ads again, it would ruin it. Instead of trying to change things to be able to spam the Poser forum, why not come up with ideas to get people to look at the Product Showcase?! I like seeing what people are working on, but I don't like blatant advertising messages bumping informational messages.

DraX ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 1:45 PM

Actually, I just took the tally of Yes/No posts, and it was roughly 42 that visit and 26 who don't out of 68 votes (give or take a few, it's a pain in the ass... need vBulletin's poll system for this one) That means that as merchants, we're losing out on 35-40% of our target audience as a result of the Product Showcase, and I'm sure that it's more than that... So, obviously, something needs to be done to give the Merchants around here more exposure, or a way to get a little more attention on the Product Showcase and try to make it a better place.

Stormrage ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 1:53 PM

"That is what that sounds like to me. And while I may not be able to do anything about it here, if you ever hop over to XFX3d.com especially after it's finished and up and running full force, I just want to clarify that such attitudes will NOT be welcome there, and my site will NOT be catering to the Rape-the-Forums-and-Pillage-the-Freestuff crowd." hmmm i definately won't be visiting then since your attitude turns me off. Im not a Rape-the-Forums-and-Pillage-the-Freestuff person but i do take offense at being implyed that i or anyone else might be.

praxis22 ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 1:58 PM

Yup, visit it often, but then I look at the marketplace every thime I login so... later jb

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.