Mon, Oct 21, 9:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Get some respect for Judy

mickmca ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2003 at 10:10 AM · edited Sat, 12 October 2024 at 7:12 AM

I just read a post that included at that bottom a request that the Judy-bashers not clutter up the thread with more dissing of Judy, and it struck a chord. I happen to like Judy, and I have a proposal. I'll be opening a new Poser site soon, and I'd love to have a special gallery devoted to what people have done with Judy. I've seen some great Judy variants over the months, scattered through the forum threads, and I know there's good stuff available. Here's the proposal: I'll set aside a gallery area. You submit your Judy developments, in a jpg of no more than 500 X 500 (The site will be optimized for 600x800), along with your name or handle, your URL if you like, any details like where the dress, texture, etc., came from. I'll select and post from them, using the data for credit lines. Minimal post work, please, because the idea is to show how Judy can look without a layer of Photoshop. Any interest? Reply here or email judyproj@dancingbadger.com Mick

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2003 at 10:14 AM

As the person who requested no bashing on my thread, I think it would be fun to see what can be done with Judy...it's not that hard to create a nice character with her. I'd love to see what people are doing. And the people who don't like her don't have to participate.

Ariah ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2003 at 12:47 PM

Great idea! Count me in:) Really!

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2003 at 1:08 PM

I don't have P5 and for the most part, don't like the looks of what I've seen of Judy. But I gotta admit that there are are some that are really, really pretty. I wouldn't mind looking at pictures of just Judy myself, especially to see if people can make her look "non-Judy" ;o). Laurie

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2003 at 1:30 PM

....as soon as I get that one last morph fixed... I'll have some pictures using Judy. And incidentally showing off a product grin

Gulix ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2003 at 1:48 PM

Perfectly happy to show off a product, with a link off my site. No store planned. M

jeharsy ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2003 at 3:20 PM

i like the idea i used to work with judy before i got v3 and i did liked her but what i didnt liked is that after a zillion morphs my character looked like default judy but i think that if i hade worked her with more time i would finish with a great character =) encourage judy users!

mickmca ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2003 at 8:16 PM

Clarification. Gulix is an alt account at work. I forgot who I was there for a sec. M

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2003 at 8:37 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1258172

I was feeling confused there for a second..thanks for the clarification. :) There are, by the way, some nice Judy graphics on this thread, if anyone missed it. You don't have to always have the Barbie perfect Vicky to create a mood or a character study...some times it's nice to use a figure with some flaws for a real life touch. Yeah, Judy is a little humble next to Vicky. I like that about her. Oh well.

hmatienzo ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2003 at 10:45 PM

LOL, I remember when we accused Vicky of being butt-ugly, too! Judy has real potential if people would only develop for her.

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2003 at 10:55 PM

I guess everyone on the forum is so drop dead gorgeous that they can afford to call what is basically a doll "butt ugly." As the only plain person on the forum, Judy has it all over me in the looks area....at any rate, I just like to have some variety and that's all I've ever asked for.

Caly ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 8:25 AM

sigh It's not the 'butt-ugly' issue, actually. I no more need to have perfect beauties than you do. It's not about preferring Barbie- Whose stats, if she were a real person, are downright scary and impossible. I mean... OWW. In this case you're making somewhat unflattering assumptions of the motives of people who don't like Judy. ;) Most of my gallery is at Poserpros and I like to try different things. Vicki actually isn't supermodel slim as default, or drop dead gorgeous as default. I find her very middle of the road. But take a texture like Dragonessa... wow, that's stunning. Really makes a statement. Did you see the TenTen Judy thread? Judy's Polys were showing. Something about her proportions are a little 'off' which is why a common remark for Judy is that she looks a little 'Alien'. Variety is good indeed. I like Aiko & Stephanie. I even like Don & Koshini, and most morphed LaRoos. Heck, I still have Posette. Some people keep the Poser 4 cat around because of great characters like Mimi. Though now there's a Millenium version of Mimi in the works. I'm looking forwards to that. That is one adorable kitty Daio has!

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 10:11 AM

I'm just in a bad mood. My Poser idea file has dried up. I'm thinking it's time I moved on to something else. I've bought TrueSpace but I keep gazing with bewilderment and fascination at ZBrush. If I didn't spend $100 a week on Poser, I could afford another program, right? But RuntimeDNA has all that great Southwestern stuff. And there is that wonderful Roadrunner which needs a desert to run in. And Lyrra has suggested something Judy related is in the works. What to do, what to do? And I draw the conclusion because of the insistence people have here of calling Judy ugly for no good reason than she looks different. Not an alien. Just a different character. The intolerance here for non-pinups is disturbing to say the least.

Soulcatcher ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 10:14 AM

file_73405.jpg

Here's proof that you can get a different look from judy

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 10:16 AM

Now that's a woman who has something on her mind.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.