Sat, Sep 21, 6:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Posable props won't

Gromit ( ) posted Fri, 04 August 2000 at 2:16 PM ยท edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 1:12 AM

All of a sudden a posable prop I downloaded and had tried before doesn't work. I get a message saying that Poser is unable to open the OBJ file. When I click OK on the error message box, Poser deletes the last figure in the scene, and the clothes that were parented/conformed to that figure are now moved to the origin. Then I get a message saying Poser is out of memory. Shutting down and re-starting doesn't help. I have 256Mb of RAM, maybe 3Gb of HD space available. Now NO posable props will load. I tried re-installing the props from the .ZIP files, no luck, same problem. Any ideas what causes this or what to do?

Oliver S ( ) posted Fri, 04 August 2000 at 4:01 PM

Have you put the .obj file where the prop file is looking for it? Open the prop file in a text editor and see where it is looking for the .obj file. You can edit the location if needs be...

mischief ( ) posted Fri, 04 August 2000 at 6:56 PM

i have several of differt messages from files i got but i got like 3 of the 10 props to work.

bloodsong ( ) posted Fri, 04 August 2000 at 7:30 PM

heyas; also try deleting the rsr that is with the obj in the geometries directory. if it becomes corrupted, poser will throw this error.

Gromit ( ) posted Fri, 04 August 2000 at 11:52 PM

These props worked before when I first downloaded them. I played around with them a little at that time just to see how they worked. I checked the CR2 file to see if the path to the OBJ was correct, the only difference was that the folder name was capitalized. I changed the OBJ folder name to match the CR2. I had tried re-installing the files from the original ZIP, but I changed that folder name AFTER I did that, so does that mean maybe the RSR file is still the problem? I'll have to try re-installing the RSR again after I get home this evening (morning your time). Gromit

Gromit ( ) posted Sat, 05 August 2000 at 9:38 AM

bloodsong, You got it! I renamed the .RSR file, tried it again. It worked, and the program re-created the RSR file when it couldn't find it. I suppose everyone but me knew it would do that, but I'm learning! Gromit

bloodsong ( ) posted Sat, 05 August 2000 at 10:57 AM

heyas; yup, that's how it works, gromit. so you can delete the rsr instead of renaming it; it won't stay gone forever ;)

bourne ( ) posted Wed, 09 August 2000 at 10:13 PM

I stumbled across that renaming trick too. I figured if Poser creates a .rsr file for cr2's then it probably create one for the .obj's. Ended up deleting a lot of corrupted props before I figured that out.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.