Wed, Sep 18, 11:09 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 12:29 pm)

Subject: test shots and more test shots, plus bonus Studio weirdness!

droyd ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2003 at 11:26 AM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 8:37 AM

Hi Folks, I promised I'd post some shots for those interested. I also thought I'd show some DS wierdness. If anyone wants specifics about my computer, video card, etc. I'll add that later. I figured this was just to show some things that are happening to me. I have barely begun to scrape the surface of the program, so I haven't tried to correct some of the things you'll see. I'm posting this purely for educational purposes. I'll post up the images as fast as I can upload.

droyd ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2003 at 11:32 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_90625.jpg

I'll start with the weirdness. This is V3 with only Daz morphs applied. You'll see what it is in the next couple images. So far I've imported only simple pz3's with a nude figure or nude figure with hair and some lights. I have no idea why this looks like this. I can get the camera view to get to normal later as you'll see.

droyd ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2003 at 11:34 AM

file_90626.jpg

Another view, as you can see there's extreme distortion, I move the camera around and it changes with how I move it. Anybody else getting this to happen.

droyd ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2003 at 11:45 AM

file_90629.jpg

Ok here she is. How I finally rangle the camera view to get the figure to stop distorting I can't really explain too well. It's like I mess with the icons that move the camera until the figure is small in the scene and stops distorting so bad, then I use the camera move tools that appear at the top of the main view window and dink with it till I can get the figure to display normally. I haven't tested this enough to say it happens with every imported file, so I can't say if this happens every time. I can't believe this is a video card issue since I have an excellent one. Once I get the figure dialed in the distortion seems to stop and not come back.

droyd ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2003 at 11:50 AM

file_90630.jpg

here's a head shot. I'm posting this because I'll show you next what happens after I save this as a .daz file. One thing I notice is the eyes and teeth are very bright compared to how they are in Poser. This appears to be a consitent thing with other figures I import.

droyd ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2003 at 11:55 AM

file_90631.jpg

Ok, so what happened. I know it's an alpha so I'm not at all concerned about this. I'd definitely like to know if other's have tried this with similar results. I saved the figure in Studio's .daz format and cleared the scene than opened it. As you can see some of the morphs remain but most of them are gone or changed. Interesting if nothing else. Again standard Daz V3 morphs nothing custom applied by me.

droyd ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2003 at 11:59 AM

file_90632.jpg

Here's a spot render shot for those wanting to see it. I really love this feature. Tracking as you can see isn't dead on but who cares!

droyd ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2003 at 12:06 PM

file_90633.jpg

Here's a shot rendered at 1600X custom setting. Nice detail I think, looking forward to the real deal in the future. Try messing with this setting, I even tried 3200X. You only get a part of the scene to render on screen in a seperate window and since you cant save the image it's all you're going to get. I move the area of the figure I want to see to the upper left of the main view window and rerender and move it till I can see something. Render to disc will be cool, although it doesn't work yet.

Spanki ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2003 at 12:08 PM

file_90634.jpg

You are experiencing a 'focal length' issue ;). The above is rendered in P4, with focal length of the camera set to 2mm. If you play around with the 'zoom' tool in D|S, you are adjusting the focal length.

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

droyd ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2003 at 12:13 PM

file_90635.jpg

Here's Steph. Same glowing eyewhites as V3. She also seems to like glowing lips, with V3 it seemed to be the teeth. As stated earlier, I haven't messed around inside DS to try to adjust these settings yet. Hope you enjoyed my little slide show. I'm interested to see if any of you have similar (or even weirder) things happening as we all play with our new Christmas toy.

ronstuff ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2003 at 12:19 PM

When you say that you move the camea, are you sure that you are not confusing changing the focal length (zooming the lens) of the camera with actually moving it. Some of these images look like they were made with extremely wide angle fisheye-type lenses - look at the distortions on the ground grid. I have noticed that wide angle lenses in D|S behave much like real lenses and have spherical distortions at the edges which become more pronounced as the focal length is shortened. If the limits are not working properly (to restrict extremely small focal lengths) then these images may be the result of out-of-range settings.

droyd ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2003 at 12:29 PM

I don't want to give the impression that I know what I'm doing yet. It's very possible that I'm the problem with why the camera view is as radical as it is when importing certain files. If I would have paid attention when I first started importing PZ3's, I may have understood what I did if anything. I'll assume Spanki and ronstuff are right and it's me that messed up a setting. I believe that the first file I imported was a S3 figure and she was not distorted like the V3 images I posted. The first time I imported the V3 file she came in looking like post #2. The only thing I can think that happened is that DS saved some focal adjustments and when I imported the new file it displayed them as I last left them. Thanks for your input, as I take a more scientific approach during testing I'll try to figure out if it's me or not. Probably me...

maclean ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2003 at 1:01 PM

I finally figured out the focal length thing (thanks to Mallen). Zoom = focal length Dolly = move camera Zoom in to get the lens 'flatter', then Dolly out to frame the figure. mac

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2003 at 1:24 PM

Re #8: the Readme does say that Expression morphs and FBMs go AWOL when saved to D|S' native format.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2003 at 4:33 PM

file_90636.jpg

A text shot of the freak, for some reason it could not find the bump maps to apply....still sort of scratching my head on this. Sharen

Veritas777 ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2003 at 6:05 PM

Looks like you are really getting the HANG of it now, Sharen! That's really good!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2003 at 6:14 PM

file_90637.jpg

How do you like this one.....The hair is a problem, when I fit it to the model, it sunk deep into her head, the second one I had to manipulate and still did not come out right, this is not fit to her head. Sharen

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2003 at 6:14 PM

Too bad my Shazam kills it, completely shuts down when I try to load her. Sharen

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2003 at 6:15 PM

Oh yes, this is Roxanne with SteffyZ's Zelma textures. Sharen

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2003 at 11:16 PM

I find all the hair and clothes do that when their made for a different figure. I had some rescaled clothes and the scaling was toast in D/S. Spawning the morphs first in P4 and save as new figure works. I found that out trying to get VV3 to work. Might work with the hair. Rescale and position it to where you want, save it. So many new things/ways to learn how to get around.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.