Sun, Oct 6, 6:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Glass - P5 M2 Angel(Exporting only a Mesh's Shell)

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sun, 15 February 2004 at 6:16 PM ยท edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:51 AM

file_98624.jpg

See where this glass material really wants to make for an excellent render? I think the blue areas are redundant poly groups. This was a P5 .PZ3 Import. My notion is that this may be avoidable, but that this stems from what I'm exporting from Poser5. I tried to export and import this figures .obj, but the render was very similar, so I'm assuming there may also be a similar redundancy in .OBJs?

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sun, 15 February 2004 at 6:18 PM

Of coarse the problem could be jsut that also, but I'm a newbie Vue MATer...

gebe ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2004 at 4:39 AM

file_98625.jpg

Take off the blue:-)

angelosity ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2004 at 7:31 PM

Thanks again for coming through gebe, I'll try this out also tonight, but I think I toggled with these? Is this image of the Basic Glass MAT? If I fail tonight would you care to post an image of this MAT on a moderately complex figure? Maybe post the MAT to thr free stuff, or even DL a copy of this Vue4 file, its about 10MBs zipped.

gebe ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2004 at 3:01 AM

file_98626.jpg

Whatever glass mat you use, it will be glass. And as glass is a reflective material, it always will reflect the surrounding color (here the VERY!!! blue sky). Above some samples. Just try. Don't ask me to do it for you. I have already done the above LOL. This takes lots of time, often hours and hours to try until we get out what we want exactly. :-)Guitta

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2004 at 6:54 PM

file_98627.jpg

You're like gold lurking around here gebe, I've said it once and I'll say it again, thanks! Here is as far as I could make it since my last post. I see some of your images are not having quite the same white-out as mine, allthough my figure's .cr2 is about 100MBs, which leaves a slighty larger margin of error for my redundancy theory! your advice paid off but I still think there is much room for tweaking, and am still hoping to run into someone who's seen this before?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.