Sun, Oct 6, 6:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Bryce Like Multi Replicate?

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 3:03 PM ยท edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 2:45 AM

file_105690.gif

Bryce has a function called Multi-Replicate. It allows you to not only duplicate an object many times at once, but then place them into one of many interesting patterns! Here is a WIP of a Direction Force scene I'm working on. This scene would be much more elaborate, with much more treasure, if I did'nt have to copy and paste each object by hand one at a time. I've searched through the C2 .PDFs, but have not seen anything near what I'm looking for. Could anyone be so kind as to explain if C2 even has a similar function, and maybe paste a few screenshots of how to use it? Any replies will be appreciatd!

Zekaric ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 5:56 PM

I don't know if it's what you are looking for but I wrote a plugin for duplicating objects in Carrara. I've never used Bryce so I don't know how differen it is. The plugin can be found here...

http://www3.telus.net/robbert/zekaric/devWork/carraraPlugindoc/zdup.html

Otherwise it's a matter of copy, paste, drag, and paste again to get similar offsets as the previous paste. Carrara doesn't have a duplicate other than that.

Nicholas86 ( ) posted Mon, 12 April 2004 at 11:25 PM

You can also use Carrara's default duplicate function. Select the main object....with the object selected...left click the edit menu..and left click duplicate...move the new object...don't deselect it though..with the object still selected duplicate it again. Zeks plugin is probally best for this...and heck its free...and works great! Brian brian@vizualds.com http://www.vizualds.com

mdesmarais ( ) posted Tue, 13 April 2004 at 7:08 AM

Another shortcut is to group a bunch of stuff, then copy it, then ungroup. Markd

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Tue, 13 April 2004 at 10:48 AM

I've found we can Select an object>Go to the Model Room>Edit>Convert to Other Modeler>Vertex Modeler>And then replicate with Offsets! The problem is though that when you go back to the Assembly Room the new objects are grouped, and there is'nt an Ungroup available. Else, I've resolved to Edit>Select all Primitives>Copy>Paste>Arrange>, Edit>Select all Primitives>Copy>Paste>Arrange, etc., etc. I've never used a plugin before, I'm sure I can find something about how to load it in the .PDFs though. Thanks for all the advice!

mmoir ( ) posted Tue, 13 April 2004 at 2:21 PM

For your vm object try Edit/split object in the assembly room . I think it should split up you vm arrayed object into pieces. Mike

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2004 at 12:33 PM

file_105691.gif

Thanks mmoir, I'll try that for future referance! How is it coming so far? I duplicated the coin like I said I would, from a group of 4. Is it easy to tell they were'nt added one at a time? I think I've encounterd a little trouble adding my materials. They seem to have stuck for some objects, but not others. All objects of each material have been added into seperate groups, in my sequencer, from the assembly room. Then, without switching room, all I thought I need to do was drag each material, from the material browser, over to the proper group(In the sequencer,) only once. But I do'nt think the materials applyed to each object in each group, even thopugh I applyed them to the top object in each group, when each group was closed inot one listing in my Sequencer. I could apply materials to each object, but that could take some time! I think I either need to make the coins smaller, or the jewels larger, too? = )

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2004 at 1:55 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=106&Form.ShowMessage=1747770&Form.sess_id=9029267&Fo

mmoir - Thanks alot, that works fine! Now I can work on not starting the scene with so many coins impailing one another. This entails going from the very stacked look of the replicated coins to more of a poured look. I think Initial Angular Velocity, applied to each coin, will do this. And I've started a new thread at the attached link, as I'm having trouble getting the first coin to spin in the right direction.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2004 at 1:56 PM

One last question, does the space between some of the coins, tht you can see sky through, effect the look of the pileat all?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.