Wed, Sep 18, 5:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:14 am)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: automating printing for a file of images in PS ? (Mac OS 10.3, PS CS )

Gini ( ) posted Thu, 06 May 2004 at 8:30 AM ยท edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 11:14 AM

If I have a file of say 20 images that I want all printed how do I go about automating this ? I have tried to make an action , and have succeeded only in that the open images are automatically brought to the fore one by one and the print box automatically comes up but I still need to hit the'proceed' button for each one, so I still need to sit at my desk and do this. I thought there might be something in 'batch' process but just don't see how to go about it. My action was a small improvement on selecting each image by hand and directing to print one at a time -but is it possible to just order an entire file of images in Photoshop to print itself without involving someone actually hitting a command in each step of the process ? Any ideas appreciated- it's something 3 people would dearly love to know a solution for !

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

retrocity ( ) posted Thu, 06 May 2004 at 12:12 PM

file_108345.jpg

Hi Gini!

do you mean you have a folder or directory that has like 20odd files that you want to print???

if so Yep, you can make an unattended print batch "droplet"...

now please understand, i don't have a Mac or CS (yet...) but give this a try:

Creat a PRINT action by opening the first file and (here's the actual "trick") DO NOT choose Print from the menu, but choose Print One Copy (Alt/Opt+Shift+Ctrl/Cmd+P) - stop recording the action.

Give it a name like PRINTme or whatever...

retrocity ( ) posted Thu, 06 May 2004 at 12:22 PM

file_108346.jpg

NEXT:

Go to FILE --> AUTOMATE --> BATCH and select the action you just made.

Locate the "source folder" (all the images)

Set the destination to Save and Close and hit the OK button

it should open - print- close -and move on to the next file... ALL UNATTENDED ;)

if you want to make it REALLY unattended create a "droplet".
Go to FILE --> AUTOMATE --> CREATE DROPLET and choose where you want it saved to (i usually toss it on my desktop) then if you want you can drag and drop folders on it to have them print! :)

hope this helps,
:)
retrocity

Gini ( ) posted Thu, 06 May 2004 at 5:44 PM

Thanks for that ! I will try it out at work tomorrow and let you know how it goes. (yes , I did mean folder with 20 odd files in it )

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

retrocity ( ) posted Thu, 06 May 2004 at 7:34 PM

Great! hope it works (it works for me ).

by choosing "Print One Copy" you are telling PS to use whatever default settings you have on your printer. if you want to use a different printer you need to set that as your default printer...

see ya' around,
retrocity

Gini ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2004 at 10:24 AM

It works, it works ! I made a print-all action as well as a droplet. Thanks a million for that, retrosity ; )

-Monty Python

retrocity ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2004 at 3:46 PM

Cool! glad it worked... you can keep the "million", i'll take a "banner entry" instead ;) :) retrocity

Gini ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2004 at 4:13 PM

Ok, banner entry it will be ....3 weeks left, I'll come up with something 8 )

-Monty Python

retrocity ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2004 at 9:22 PM

Great! i'm about to make a VERY COOL announcement regarding the banner contest as soon as i got one last piece of information... (how's that for vague but intriguing ;) )

retrocity

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.