Tue, Oct 1, 7:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: uvmapping question

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2004 at 3:01 AM ยท edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 6:56 AM

How is the mapping done with figures made that have different maps for the head of the figure and the body and the eyes, like victoria 3?

EnglishBob ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2004 at 6:05 AM

There's no requirement for a point on the UV map to refer to just one point on the mesh, or even to any point on the mesh. You can have as many overlapping maps as you want. Consider if you make your own prop, say a hollow square tube by joining four Poser plane props together. If you don't remap it, the texture will repeat on each face. You can get this effect in UVMapper. Once you've selected the bit you want on a separate map, maximise it, then hide it so you can work on the rest of the figure.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2004 at 9:07 AM

There are certain ways to manipulate a UV map, but to start out, you need to know that you have one model, but can have many many maps. If you use UV mapper to map a model, just post your question here and I am sure many can help you. Sharen

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2004 at 9:08 AM

Attached Link: http://www.uvmapper.com

Also check out the tut section from Steve, creator of UV Mapper. Sharen

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2004 at 10:39 AM

not to mention the UVMapper forum here..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2004 at 5:29 PM

thank you all.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.