Mon, Oct 21, 9:57 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Problem importing Kyoko hair in 3d programs

duesentrieb ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2000 at 4:02 AM · edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 12:28 AM

I'm trying to import Kozaburo's Kyoko hair as a OBJ into Bryce and RDS, and the import and texture mapping works OK. The problem lies in the transparency. In both programs, the front hair part doesn't get transparent and shows up as a white mesh with the hair texture on it. The transparency map itself looks OK to me, but why doesn't it work? Am I doing something wrong? Please help me, because it's such a beautiful hairdo which I would miss very much!

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2000 at 6:54 AM

heyas; you might need to invert the transparency map to get it to work in 3d progs other than poser. not sure about bryce... that uses typical alpha channels, right? i know ray dream uses 'white is transparent.' at any rate, the object/item in an alpha channel is usually black, while the 'transparen't bit is white. try it out.

picnic ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2000 at 7:43 AM

You do have to more or less invert transmaps in Bryce (you can paste it to center area, then use the half blk/half white thing to get them right as I recall). Also, as I remember, the Kyoko hair was a bit more difficult because there are several .objs to consider--not just the one object. Scroll through the hair objects and see if I'm correct. There is a bang type thing that needs the transparency applied to it also--don't forget to add 'blend transparency' in the pull down menu beside the little 3window thingie on the right. You will need to make sure you have the transmap applied to each part of the hair and there are several parts. Way back in the archives in the Bryce forum, I did a show and tell with pics of the models and the material lab for the Kyoko hair--you'll see all the settings there. Look for picnic posts and look through them. Don't remember the thread title.

duesentrieb ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2000 at 10:16 AM

Thanks picnic, your tip on activating the "blend transparency" option in Bryce did the job! Still, I can't get it working in RDS. Any suggestions for this one?

picnic ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2000 at 10:54 AM

Don't I wish LOL--I don't have RDS--just wish I did G.

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2000 at 12:17 PM

Where can I find the Kyoko hair please? Marque

Jaager ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2000 at 1:00 PM

Poser Factory: http://www.interq.or.jp/red/pandt21/ is the gateway. There is a new hair model pending from Ryo , the particular hair you are after, may only be available as a part of one of the NeNe or LinLin characters. Anyway, the various hair props which are linked thru the above site, are excellent , state of the art , and have set the standard for all others.

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2000 at 1:05 PM

Thanks luv, on my way! 8^) Marque

picnic ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2000 at 2:34 PM

Do check out the hair on Linlin in the Japanese pages--you can see a 'demo' I did of that in a similar hair thread on 3D Commune.

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2000 at 8:14 PM

Couldn't find the Kyoko hair....oh well. Marque

picnic ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2000 at 8:58 PM

Marque, they've just redone their pages it seems. Go to this page http://www.lvn.co.jp/poser/DLMainFrame.htm and click on MT Characters. You will get a page with a lot of their poser folks. Scroll down to Nene 4.1.1SE. She comes with the Kyoko hair.

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2000 at 9:29 PM

Oh thank you! Marque

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.