Tue, Oct 22, 2:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: Vickie

duckee ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2004 at 8:27 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:37 AM

I want Vickie! V3 right? Ok do I understand this right, she costs $40 bucks from DAZ? Isn't that a lot? It almost seems as if I need her though! If I get her (at some point can't afford her right now) is she really hard to get to work in Poser 4? Kelly

igohigh ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2004 at 8:36 PM

V3 is a high resolution female model with better joints and texturing then the P4Fem that comes with Poser. She is no harder to work with then P4Fem (Posette) but does take a little better CPU and offers a lot more options. However, for the $40 (which is not a lot) you will only get the Base figure - no morphs, no maps, no clothes. To fully use her you will also need: Body Morphs Head Morphs a texture pack or two (many great free ones are available) and some clothes, so she don't get cold (also may free ones available) But be warned, you may wish to look into your local Poser Anonymous BEFORE you get hooked. Always good to have a support group to call when you find yourself selling blood or spare body parts just to buy more stuff for Vicky ;p

Dale B ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2004 at 8:38 PM

Go to Turbosquid and see what 'professional' models can cost. It will either scare you or send you ROFL. You pretty much have to have Vicky to use most of the content out there, although with a little search, you can still find stuff for Posette and Dork (the default P4 male and female. Long stories). Installing her is easy; DAZ sends all of their stuff as an executable, and all you have to do is tell it you are installing to Poser, and where the Poser folder is. However, there are lots of free characters, as well. Sixus1 has a lot of unique creatures, there's Mayadoll and a few others.

duckee ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2004 at 8:46 PM

Dale: Do I need Vickie to use the free characters you are talking about? I mean I really would rather practice with things before investing a lot of money into Poser, I've already invested most of my waking hours and half of my sleeping hours into. I just looked the "free stuff" link here and its seems that 90% of the things mention V3 as a requirement. The little girl in me is coming out. I used to spend hours dressing Barbie.. now I'd love to spend my adult time dressing Poser characters ;) I can rarely get the clothes to work for Posette! I have so much to learn! :) Kelly Ps. Thanks for the info igo, looks like I have a lot of saving up to do! To me $40 bucks is a lot! ;) I recently lost my job (even in this wonderful econmy? amazing huh? - anyway!) so I have tons of time to invest in learning Poser but without Vickie whats the point! sniff sniff ;)

Realmling ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2004 at 10:42 PM

Just gonna toss my 2 cents in here. I started with P4 a couple of months ago. Hubby sensed my growing obsession and recently got me P5 and Vicky. But until that, I lived off of the P4 content and all the freebies out there. MayaDoll is a wonderful free model...and there are plenty of textures, character packs, and clothing for her. I have some neat textures for MayaDoll floating around here somewhere. They also have some great hair that can easily be used with just about any model out there with a few twinks. Also the free Sara Figure from Daz is great, and we at Sara's Fan Club have been busy making great stuff for her. Sixus' modles are great, and I love their stuff...models are free, and the addtional content very agreeable to the bank account. Dig through the free stuff here, as there are still some great things for Posette. Try out MayaDoll and the other free models while you save up for Vicky. =) Also, I believe there is a low resolution version of Vicky..but I'm not sure how much or any other details..you may want to look into that as well. And welcome to the land of Poser. =) Sixus1 Freebies-- www.poserfreebies.com MayaDoll-- www.3digitalcrafts.net/studiomaya Great Free hair-- http://digitalbabes2.com

Crazy alien chick FTW! (yeah....right....)

Realm of Savage - Poser goodies and so much more!

~~

duckee ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2004 at 10:54 PM

Realming: Thanks so much! This is awesome info! I can't find the P4 stuff, but I am seriously going through everything one by one (each and every category) to get a feel for whats all out there. Hopefully I will come across some stuff for Posette. I mean this stuff is all just so exciting! And well, confusing. Thanks again I always appreciate this kind of info. I will check out the MayaDoll you mentioned and the other links too. YOU GUYS ROCK! BEST FORUM EVER!! Kelly

Realmling ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2004 at 11:07 PM · edited Sun, 17 October 2004 at 11:19 PM

It does take some digging to get to Posette stuff in the freebies here...but along the way you may want to go ahead and grab the Vicky stuff that really catches your eye and save it for when you do get her. (that's what I did...)

I think PhilC has some P4 stuff as well..but it's been a while since I looked...(my memory is not the greatest)

www.philc.net Forgot to add...if you get MayaDoll, you can get my textures at www.realmofsavage.com (link is on welcome page) and I highly recomend Riddokun's eye texture packages http://jjdelpy.free.fr/Poser/

Message edited on: 10/17/2004 23:19

~~

duckee ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2004 at 11:22 PM

I will check out the link. Thats an awesome idea about dl'ing the Vickie stuff now! I've seen SO much cool stuff at various stuff and I never thought once to grab it while I was there. Homer doh here Does the Vicky 2 stuff work with Vicky 3 and visa versa? I noticed that Vicky 2 is cheaper (like 20 bucks I think) but maybe I should just wait and get Vicky 3. Decisions decisions. Kelly

Realmling ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2004 at 11:29 PM

I don't think the textures work 100%..but I don't remember for sure. You also get a Vicky 3 to Vicky 2 with V3...V3 head on V2 body so you can still use Vicky 2 clothing and such.

~~

casey_42 ( ) posted Mon, 18 October 2004 at 1:29 AM

You can get a free V3 RR by going to DAZ3d and downloading the free beta DAZ|Studio, of course you will have to use her in the DAZ studio as she will be in .daz form, while yiu are there you can sign up for membership and join the Platinum Club and get a $10.00 dollar viucher thatcan be used to buy 5 items from the PlatinumClub archive.

Kelderek ( ) posted Mon, 18 October 2004 at 2:03 AM

V3 stuff does not usually work on V2. They are two different figures, but there are tricks to make V2 stuff work on V3: The "V3 head on V2 body" is mentioned above, that way you can use V2 clothes on V3 but still take advantage of the great V3 face possibilities. There are various utlities out there to convert textures between the two figures as well. Making a V2 texture work on V3 is not vey difficult.

If you're on a tight budget, you should seriously look into the Platinum Club at DAZ. You will get a 30% off all DAZ original products plus a $5 voucher each month. Plus the possibility to buy Platinum Club items for just $1.99 each (lots of V3 stuff there). The Platinum Club is an initial investment, but if you saved up to buy V3 with both head and body morphs (a necessity), the savings on those products alone almost makes up for the Platinum Club investment. Right now, I think you get a $10 voucher just to sign up, but I don't know how long that offer lasts.

DAZ really has a way of sucking us all in, don't they? Offering great products at reasonable prices, making us all addicts, there should be a law against that! ;-)

lmckenzie ( ) posted Mon, 18 October 2004 at 3:02 AM

Attached Link: http://www.greylight.com/poser.html

GreyLight has a lot of stuff for the Poser 4 figures. HappyWorldLand(http://www.fortunecity.com/rivendell/lucky/472/happyworldlanduncut/) has a ton of free Posette textures Ghastley (http://209.92.41.204/Poser/) has some nice clothing. Kozaburo (http://digitalbabes2.com/) has the probably best free hair available. Do a Google search for Poser Free 3D or something similar--there are a huge number of sites out there,many of them have free items. Make sure to check the links section of any site you visit for more possibilities also. Vicky 2 is quite an improvement over Posette and there is still a lot of free items available for her as well as being lighter on computer requirements. You can have a lot of fun with her. Vicky 3 with all the morph packs is more that I can afford to get at the moment either but there's enough free content out there to keep you busy until an economic upturn or regime change.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

wheatpenny ( ) posted Mon, 18 October 2004 at 11:26 AM
Site Admin

V3 reduced resolution cost less than the regular V3 and should be a lot easier to use in P4 (and she comes with morphs included, and can use all the V3 clothes, etc...) Something you should definitely look into. And of course I have to second the recommendation to join the Platinum Club, that way you can get lots of V3 stuff for only $1.99 each. Only problem is that if you're not careful you might end up with too much stuff; it's really hard to say No when stuff only costs $1.99......

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Mon, 18 October 2004 at 11:45 AM

Attached Link: http://www.poserworld.com/

You can start out buying Vicky at DAZ3D, then join Poserworld, and get a whole bunch of stuff for the one time subscription price. For instance, you pay $40 for a six months subsription. You get everything for that price. The trouble with the DAZ Platinum Club is that you pay $7.95 a month whether or not you buy anything that month. Then you have to pay $1.99 for each item.

Crescent ( ) posted Mon, 18 October 2004 at 12:01 PM

You might want to look at DAZ's 3D Starter Content bundle. It has V3 Reduced Resolution and M3 Reduced Resolution included, and they do have morphs. The figures aren't as finely detailed as V3 and M3 (they're still better than Posette and Dork by a long shot!), but they will fit into the V3/M3 clothing and use the texture maps, plus you get some other goodies in the pack as well. It's only $30, so I think it's a good way to start off. http://secure.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=2635 Cheers!

vlad69 ( ) posted Mon, 18 October 2004 at 1:42 PM

Not long ago, there was a post that showed so many links to poser sites with lots of free stuff, you my whant to search for that post. I found sites i have never visited before. -Vlad

diolma ( ) posted Mon, 18 October 2004 at 6:07 PM

And, then again, you could always surf (hike?) through the Web Ring (See 'Rositiy's side panel, R/H side, last entry...) Cheers, Diolma

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.