Fri, Sep 20, 8:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: Getting to grips with P6

tbird10 ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2005 at 10:30 AM · edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 8:03 AM

file_212634.jpg

Starting to have a 'serious' play now, going to take a bit of time to 'relearn' some tricks This image is using the supplied content and poses. 1. Open GL preview 2. Default light set - oops lights outside the building 3. 2 diffues IBL lights with AO, not what I'm after 4. 1 IBL light with a sky image, one point light, swapped the strand based hair to transmap and slightly tweaked the textures, now I'm getting there. This is going to take a while :-)

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2005 at 3:05 PM

I found that one IBL with one or more point lights makes for more realistic lighting conditions. IBL alone seems to be very washy and, well, ambient. :) I think that is why Ambient Occlusion is really necessary (if set properly) to get better shading. I placed one point light near the IBL light and another opposing to get a good effect. Yes, this is going to take some time. If you read the tutorial PDF (Chapter 12), it makes it quite clear that render output is dependent upon lighting, render settings, and materials together. That makes for much experimenting.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.