Fri, Sep 20, 10:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: Mat Files in P6 - Merchants Hint!

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Sun, 17 April 2005 at 12:47 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 5:02 AM

P6 can create it's own mat files but unlike P5 it can create a single material mat file or a group of materials. Example...the Heiress for SP3 with Face Off formula for Real Skin uses an old fashioned pose file. Using P6...I first created a single mat file after loading the mat onto Aiko3. Then I used that mat file to add the textures to aiko's extra material zones. Then I: clicked the plus sign. Choose material group. Made sure her whole body and head were checked. Named it Aiko Heiress Saved it to the P6 Material Library. Now I have the texture setup for aiko every time. I'm taking a shot on my Aiko Angel series in P6. I plan to offer the textures (all material nodes) as a P6 Mat File. Merchant Hint: When offering materials for P6 use the material room NOT the pose files.

Tirjasdyn

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sun, 17 April 2005 at 6:18 PM

Very cool. Can you show us a step by step how you did it?

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Sun, 17 April 2005 at 8:59 PM

MAT pose files can be put in the materials library (simply rename them mc6) and they will act like Material collections. I have had some inconsistancies, but almost everything works. I think props don't take material collections if they are parented, but i have not tested this extensivly (but i have reported it to CL)

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

caulbox ( ) posted Mon, 18 April 2005 at 6:02 AM

Tyger purr I'm really glad to have read your comments. I'm in the habit of using figure objects as dynamic clothing items - and I'd tried to no avail to find a way to save a uni-applicable material collection from the figure, which might be possible to be re-applied to a prop that shares the same same material naming convention. I gave up yesterday thinking it wasn't possible, and that this would remain a hope on my own personal wish list. However, I usually parent dynamic cloth to the hip - and simply un-parenting has allowed me to apply my mat collections! Great! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction - though I agree it would be even better if such Mats could be applied to parented props as well. Tirjasdyn I agree that this is the way to go for the future of mat application. But, with this newly introduced issue of 'Real World Units for Bump & Displacement Maps in Poser 6', I'm still not sure just how crucial it might be for merchants (or indeed all of us) to maybe adopt or adhere to some universal consensus of display unit preferences in Poser 6, if such mat collection files are going to have the same effect in all cases?

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Mon, 18 April 2005 at 9:17 AM

Caulbox-It seems poser converts them for you...I'm going to to check on this tonight...some screen shots too.

Tirjasdyn

sixus1 ( ) posted Mon, 18 April 2005 at 10:36 AM

On aside note: hair props will save out material collections, but don't seem to be accepting them. I am guessing that this might be fixed in a Service Release. --Rebekah--

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Mon, 18 April 2005 at 11:33 AM

Rebekah, did you try unparenting them? It works on other props i have tried....haven't tried hair yet but should be the same.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

sixus1 ( ) posted Mon, 18 April 2005 at 11:40 AM

Actually, I haven't yet. Makes sense if that it the case with regular props though. --Rebekah--

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.