Thu, Oct 10, 4:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: Trouble with texture change updates.

LonRanger ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 12:36 AM ยท edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 4:25 PM

I am having trouble updating textures when I alter them. For instance, I may be working in Poser 6 and have applied a texture to an object, but then I want to alter the texture in a graphics program. But if I do this, Poser 6 does not update the texture. I tried changing textures and then changing again, back to the original, but the changes still did not update. The only thing I can find to do is close Poser and re-open -- then the texture changes are updated -- but this very tedious if I want to experiment with textures. Is there some function in Poser that I am not aware of that can help me? Thanks.

kawecki ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 2:35 AM

You can edit the texture, save as with another name and load the new into Poser. Once you have the wanted texture then close Poser and delete the other textures.

Stupidity also evolves!

obm890 ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 4:28 AM

Did you try Menu>Render>Reload Textures ? I was making changes to a tex the other day (and re-saving as the same filename) and each time I hit "reload textures" I could see as my tex updated in the preview. It seems to override "Keep textures loaded", forcing a reload anyway, but maybe it's better to have "keep textures loaded" un-checked while working on the texture.

LonRanger ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 8:03 PM

obm890, Thanks. I was hoping there was some sort of setting I could change that would help. And kawecki -- thanks for the suggestion of the work-around. That's what I ended up doing for awhile.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.