Mon, Sep 9, 8:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: to anyone who has bought the Renda character

shedofjoy ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 9:12 AM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 8:07 AM

Is there anything that rises Renda above V3 or S3 to make it a worth while purchase? for instance knee bending and shoulder movement? as these are not nice on V3 or S3 (s3 being slightly better) What makes Renda a better character than V3 or S3?

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 10:08 AM

She almost looks like a cross between V3 and SP3. Would be nice to see a totally different looking char. Marque

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 10:28 AM

Same shoulder & arm problems I see.

Photopium ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 10:38 AM

The Renda that I got: Legs, at the hip, need a fix for joint parameters. As they are, they simply do not work. Shoulders bend better than V3 or S3. The UV mapping is questionable, and will ultimately cause you to use more memory and detail is in all the wrong places, unless you really need a good looking tooth. It's a lower res figure than V3/Unimesh My overall opinion is that Renda is a step backwards in figure development. There's just not enough there to convince me to step backwards from a unimesh model. In this forum we have often discussed what we would like to see in a new model, and it would seem that most of the ideas were discarded if they were considered at all. -WTB

karanta ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 10:45 AM
x2000 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 10:51 AM

The joints are SEVERELY screwed up, the PTB know it, and they released it anyway. It's basically useless as is, you'll be throwing your money away. DON'T BUY IT UNTIL THEY FIX IT.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 11:00 AM

Just posting to keep an eye on this thread.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 11:02 AM

bookmark

========================================================
Typing Advisory :
Read at your own risk! May cause
dizziness, naseua,drooling, and temporary blindness.
Surgeon General recommends running the txt through a spell checker.

Aaronheart ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 11:06 AM

bookmark

pdblake ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 11:07 AM

Bookmark

lobo75 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 11:07 AM

bookmark

jwiest ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 11:07 AM

joins the bookmark brigade

John

karanta ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 11:09 AM

joins the bookmark brigade lol

My Renderosity Store

Lyric_ ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 11:12 AM

~adds another bookmark~

I closed my eyes and saw heaven, I opened them and the face before me was heaven on earth

x2000 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 11:13 AM

Oh, and to answer the original question, Renda is not better than V3 or S3 in any way. She's different (if you like big butts, you'll like Renda;), and she's lower poly (which could be an improvement to some, loading two Rendas won't make your computer scream for mercy), but she's not "better" in any way. It's just Rendo trying to jump on the bandwagon of having their own figure (see also: Alexa, Laroo, etc.). When they fix her, she might be okay if you want another female figure, but that's all. I'm not knocking her, I'm just saying she's nothing special. But until they fix her, she's worthless crap.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 11:21 AM

this should be interesting...

Caly ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 11:32 AM

Attached Link: http://www.vulgarbard.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=632

If you have a free account at the Anime Portal you can see the issues with this figure. You have to be logged in to actually see the pictures though. http://www.vulgarbard.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=632

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 11:32 AM

bookmark

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 11:35 AM

Umm... no, just a bookmark. (as /me nearly bites his tongue in half...) /P

shedofjoy ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 11:39 AM

hmmm now i wasn't expecting that kind of response, well at least i saved some cash...lol

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

JVRenderer ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 11:45 AM · edited Wed, 22 June 2005 at 11:46 AM

transfer S3 or V3 Joint Corrective Morph Targets to Renda and see what happen. (for those lucky ones who own V3 or S3)

Message edited on: 06/22/2005 11:46

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

AmbientShade ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 11:46 AM

Wow, worthless crap?? that's a bit harsh and uncalled for. The shoulders and arms are much nicer than the mil figures. Just playing with them a little bit, they bend a lot better it seems, and you don't get that rubber band or elbow macaroni look like the mil figs have. But, anybody that denies or tries to downplay the fact that the hips/buttocks need working is being less than honest. I've heard mention that its just a matter of joint tweaking that anybody could do. I'd like to hear how so I could do it, because personally I feel that Renda could give vicky and steph some serious competition, once the various bugs have been dealt with. She needs more facial morphs than what is offered tho. Just my two cents... E.D.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 11:53 AM

Anyone know if this new product is descended from either the Zygote or Sixus P:H meshes, or was it built from scratch? /P

Chailynne ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 11:54 AM

Smart marketing move to make her free for all Renderosity vendors. I'm sure it'll create more hype, or certainly more items for sale in the store.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 11:55 AM

It'll be interesting to see where this has gone when I get back in a week. I'm always interested in a new female character. Not necessarily interested enough to buy one -- V3 and S3 pretty much cover things by themselves. But Renda will be worth a look.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

EdW ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 11:56 AM

It's supposed to be an original mesh Peng

ClintH ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 11:56 AM

Hi Penguinisto.. "Anyone know if this new product is descended from either the Zygote or Sixus P:H meshes, or was it built from scratch?" Not at all. She is a 100% original mesh. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 12:00 PM

Better arms and shoulders sounds good to me. V3 isn't always easy to pose well in any sort of "reaching/stretching" or "arms over head" poses.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

x2000 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 12:14 PM

file_258598.jpg

"Wow, worthless crap?? that's a bit harsh and uncalled for." Not at all. Here's a leg bent at 70 degrees:

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 12:14 PM

Hmmm. So "Renda" is actually made by Renderosity???

blaufeld ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 12:15 PM

Well, perhaps could be better if the free download was offered about 10-15 days before putting it on sale, so the development team had time to correct and modify Renda following the merchants complaints and/or suggestions :)

x2000 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 12:17 PM

file_258600.jpg

Try bending the buttocks, not much better. The damned thing can't even sit down! Worthless crap. I hate seeing customers screwed out of money by unscrupulous vendors.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 12:18 PM

file_258602.jpg

Here is renda, and v3 loaded and zero'd. They are very similar in shape and look. That little guy is not included LOL

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

x2000 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 12:21 PM

file_258603.jpg

Just for the record, here's the face close up.

jjsemp ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 12:21 PM

So what you're saying is: Renda won't benda? -jjsemp

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 12:22 PM · edited Wed, 22 June 2005 at 12:25 PM

IMHO..based on the promo shots the arms/shoulder area look worse than the V's. The arms stretched upwards appear to be coming out of the sockets. There are too many bulges in the wrong areas, in addition the arm bends look as bad the leg bends shown above, as well as the bowling shoulders still remain. Of course all my opinion. I'll wait for a more innovative woman to appear before buying another female model....ie a female model by Anton or maybe V3Pro will correct the spagetti arm issue and bowling ball shoulders. Then again maybe they will correct all the above issues & this model will become of some value to me,as of right now this models needs LOTS of work.

Message edited on: 06/22/2005 12:25

x2000 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 12:26 PM · edited Wed, 22 June 2005 at 12:28 PM

What really pisses me off is that we merchants told them all this yesterday when we first got our hands on her, they could have easily pushed back the release until she was fixed, and they decided to go right ahead and try to swindle people today anyway.

Sell it now, make it actually work later. It's getting to be the motto of the Poserverse and I for one am getting really fed up with it.

Message edited on: 06/22/2005 12:27

Message edited on: 06/22/2005 12:28

Greebo ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 12:26 PM

bookmark

x2000 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 12:29 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Sorry, last post edited massive typos. And I forgot to wave the nudity flag. :/

JVRenderer ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 12:39 PM

Here is the question: If she's not better than V3 (and V3 is free), why would anybody in his/her right mind buy Renda?

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 12:44 PM

If she's not better than V3 (and V3 is free), why would anybody in his/her right mind buy Renda?

Ummm...for the same reason Hugh Grant stepped out on his supermodel girlfriend, Liz Hurley, with a $50 hooker? Variety, y'know. ;-)

xxxander ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 12:48 PM

bookmark

Victims...aren't we all?

Before you ask, YES my avatar is a portrait of me painted by someone very dear to me, so don't even think of using yourself ...mmmkay????

Visit my site for all of my art Digital Deviant

originalkitten ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 12:48 PM

bookmarking

"I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away"

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 12:50 PM

ClintH:"She is a 100% original mesh." 'kay - my thanks for such a quick response to that. /P

AmbientShade ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 12:50 PM

You are right x2000. In fact, the pics of her hip bends you posted here look better than what I get when I bend them. On my end they look like a shark took a big chunk out. Not to mention the strange protrusion that happens in back between her cheaks. Not sure what's going on there... And, I might add, I was one of the (many) merchants yesterday pleading with the powers that be to not release her today until those bend errors can be dealt with and corrected. We see how far that went. I was just trying to shed a possitive view on her by stating that she does have potential and tho her release is rather obviously premature, with a little work she could be a very good model. She's not worthless crap. And regardless of the flaws, there are still several out there who I'm sure are going to buy her now, because there's always those who want to be the first to have the new stuff just because it's new. E.D.

Kendra ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 12:56 PM

I believe there is a fix in the works from what I've read. The included clothing (at least I think it's included in the marketplace package) cuts into the figure on posing so I hope that will be fixed as well.

It's too early to form a definite opinion yet. I think she's a good start. Because of, and regardless of, the clothing issue, the only thing I'll do for her for now until she's fixed completely will be textures for the bikini and those will be free.

EdW ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 12:57 PM

It's the inner and outer mat spheres for the buttocks and thigh joints that need to be adjusted. The centers seem to be ok, just the falloff zones ED

CODY ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 1:25 PM

Awwwww...Heck,,,,Me also... BOOKMARK

Ardiva ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 1:30 PM

Bookmark

nemirc ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 1:39 PM

file_258606.jpg

Bookmarking... with style ;) <---signature---> nemirc Animation Moderator

nemirc
Renderosity Magazine Staff Writer
https://renderositymagazine.com/users/nemirc
https://about.me/aris3d/

Caly ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 1:40 PM

Can you just IMAGINE what would have happened if Daz had tried to sell V3 with legs bending like that?!

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.