Mon, Sep 9, 8:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: to anyone who has bought the Renda character

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 24 June 2005 at 2:32 PM

Both the Freak and SP were free to those who purcahsed M3 early enough - one with no strings (TF, I think) the other for PC members only.

maclean ( ) posted Fri, 24 June 2005 at 3:16 PM

blackhearted, I totally agree with you on pricing and cheap, quick products. But the ironic thing is that DAZ is probably the best site for any merchant interested in maintaining quality. I've been with DAZ for 4 years. My products take an average of 3 - 4 months to build, and most sell for $15 - $25. Never once have DAZ tried to get me to increase my output, go for 'quickies', or anything that would reduce the quality in any way. They're very supportive of their merchants and I appreciate that. In the end, one of the things that counts when people decide to buy, is the merchant's reputation. I'm sure you know this more than most people. I take my time because I know that customers judge you on individual products. If one is crap, they're not going to buy more from me. And if I'm asking someone for $25, I make damned sure that they're getting their money's worth and have no cause for complaint. The fact that I have practically nil in returned products, despite DAZ's 30-day money-back guarantee, tells me I'm doing something right. mac

ratscloset ( ) posted Fri, 24 June 2005 at 9:01 PM

Mac brings up something else that I feel hurts the marketplaces. You buy it, it is yours. I place numerous things in my Wishlist at other sites, but the uncertainty of some of the items makes them stay there. Artists that have a good rep or marketplaces like DAZ that allow returns will get more business than some of these new artists regardless of price. I am not about to spend $5 on an item that I have no idea or experience with. I love several characters and Textures I have seen, but I will not buy them because I got burned on a couple items here and at PP. I have taken advantage of DAZ's return policy and I am willing to take some chances on products because of that policy. I will also add that some of those I took chances on have become some of my favorite merchants and I have picked up items they have elsewhere. The $1 items I do not worry about as much. I will say that of all the items only a few I considered needed to be removed from my Runtime, but I did not ask for my moneyback, after all, it was only $1. (The ones I considered were just not to my taste, no issue with quality.)

ratscloset
aka John

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Fri, 24 June 2005 at 10:27 PM

When I set something at a low price, I do it for a reason. It's not because my products aren't quality, or worth the money, it's simply because a lot of what I do is fixing existing base characters or making add ons that in all reality should have been included. I'm of the opinion that if I'm fixing something that I consider to be broken, how fair is it to make my customers pay 20$ for a fix? Not trying to drive the marketplace down, at all. But I must admit, my smaller priced items generally sell better than the higher priced sets. (My Anime Doll stuff still sells really well, for example.)

Kreations By Khrys

thebert ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2005 at 1:07 AM

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Finister ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2005 at 10:03 AM · edited Sat, 25 June 2005 at 10:17 AM

From a buyer's point of view, Blackhearted: had Irina not had clothing you made for her added to the package I would never had bought it regardless of whether the basic SP3 body is boring or sexy.

The basic V3 or SP3 body may be boring but give me clothes that fit that body and I can mold my own morphs/magnet settings to that 'basic' body however I like.

Your morphs are fantastic on Renda but if there's no clothes made for her, to me she's completely worthless. Think I'm going to pay for those morphs then fiddle around making clothes fit her morphs? Guess again for $16

Make those awesome shorts and top you made for Irina fit the basic SP3 and you'd get more profit. Why? More people would buy stuff for basic SP3.

Jim Burton's clothes are absolutely awesome! I love the way they look - but will never ever use a Ingenue character in anything I ever render - so unfortunately, some of the stuff he sells too I'd never buy, although if he made it for boring, basic V3 (allowing me, the buyer, to make a choice for myself) I'd buy it. If everything Jim made was for basic V3 I'd buy everything in his store - EVERYTHING.

But, Ingenue, although a nice model, does me no good, nor her clothes which I can't use on V3 to my own morphs.

There's Ingenue stuff at BBay I'd buy in a second if it were for V3, but....

What clothes are available for the Blackhearted morphed Renda?

Are there going to be more than a bathing suit and lingerie available for her?

Buyers are going to invest in what suits their needs, not the vendor's.

V3 and M3 wouldn't be free right now if thousands of us hadn't already purchased them allowing for the tidal wave of 3rd party goods.

I'll buy Appolo and Renda in a year or two from now when there are actually some "clothes" for them to wear.I got burnt on investing in David who is supposedly 'better' than M3 but has 1/7 the clothes available.

If there are clothes for morphed out Renda, I might buy the morphs. If there's clothes for Glamorous Renda, I might buy it too....if it fits regular, basic, boring Renda as well.

If you're a whore, don't blame the John because of it. :P

Message edited on: 06/25/2005 10:17

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2005 at 1:13 PM · edited Sat, 25 June 2005 at 1:15 PM

"Glamorous Renda", now that gives me an idea... ;-)

IV exists to give some variety to Poser female figures, she is sorta different from any other realistic human figure around, so small, so Audrey Hepburn, maybe. She surely isn't everyones cup of tea, or a regular use figure. However, put her next to Mike (or even Apollo) and it makes him seem twice as big, and twice as muscled, in contrast. She is but a little bit of a thing, and she does that while not being underage, either.

Anyway, my intention is that all my future sets will gome out as a V3 version, plus a IV/GV version. I was amazed how many more V3 versions I sold of the Day in the Office Sets than the IV/GV ones, I surely can't walk away from that market, even though I like the dynamic duo better myself. ;-)

Message edited on: 06/25/2005 13:15

Finister ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2005 at 1:41 PM

My apologies, Jim. IV is a superb work of art. You did pull off a petite 3d woman without making her look underage which is hard to do. Let me shut up before too many feet get stuffed in my mouth

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2005 at 3:33 PM

Gee Finister, no need to apologize! I was just trying to explain why she exists, as I sorta said before it isn't required to like her! Every figure should have a purpose that can be summed up in a paragraph or two, I wonder what Renda's would be?

diolma ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2005 at 4:17 PM

"It seem like da Renda venda hadda n'agenda, 'cos wenda Renda didna benda, dey didna defenda annenda Renda venda senda anyway, forda legal tenda. Enda dat!" Playing with words, not meaning any useful comment, either for or against. Based on the 1st few posts in this thread, not the rest. Just for laughs, OK? (Alright, for somewhat muted smiles and thoughts of "Who is this guy anyway? And why is he?") Cheers :-)), Diolma

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2005 at 4:30 PM

They really need to menda. 8 )~ Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

diolma ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2005 at 4:37 PM

LOL hawkfyr! Yes I had "menda" in my list oy "rhymes", but couldn't work out how to fit it in to the sentence without breaking the rhythm.. (I admit I didn't try too hard.) Cheers, Diolma

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2005 at 4:53 PM

If the venda would senda to the menda anda venda fix the benda,and refunda tenda,thenda venda could release renda in all her splenda, anda thenda venda would'nt have to pretenda Or would that offenda ?

ScottA ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2005 at 6:49 PM

With all of the hate she's getting. Sounds like she needs a public defenda. ;-)

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2005 at 2:34 PM

... I surrenda... Oi. Bad... rhyming scheme... sapping strength... You know, some days I really do love you guys. Just when I needed a good laugh, I came back to see this. :)

Kreations By Khrys

soulhuntre ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 11:12 AM

Coming into this a little late, I have to say it's all fascinating. I only have a few comments...

• "Renda" doesn't look liek she is ready for use
  • Even when she is ready, I am not sure why I would use her and not V3
  • I sure hope Anton and Jim don't get antagonistic in the long run, I like both you guys and don't see a need for conflict.
  • Did I mention "Renda" looks, um, rushed?
  • I like Gabe's update for Renda, but I am not sure why I would get that instead of one of his items for a figure I already own
  • I can't wait for Anton's female figure to show up!

That about covers it :)

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Tue, 28 June 2005 at 11:15 PM

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 06 November 2005 at 8:22 PM

Is this figure coming back? I haven't heard anything and I've noticed that a few sites that I've stumbled across have items for this figure.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Sun, 06 November 2005 at 9:17 PM

Which sites have items for her? I haven't seen any.

One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. -River Tam

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 06 November 2005 at 10:06 PM

Attached Link: http://www.ars3d.net/lyrainbow/freebies.html

Here is one, but I'm sure I saw another as well.

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Sun, 06 November 2005 at 10:30 PM

Interesting. Well according to the date she posted that it was June, and the figure was still available. Maybe she just forgot to take it down?

One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. -River Tam

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 06 November 2005 at 10:38 PM

I thought they were going to fix Renda and rerelease the figure. Does anyone know anything more?

Caly ( ) posted Sun, 06 November 2005 at 10:44 PM

They have a Renda 2 in the works. Still a Vicki clone. Why bother when the base Vicki is free... I want something different. I want to see Anton's new girl whenever she comes out. I'd love more anime figures too! :)

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.