Mon, Sep 9, 3:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: OT - Debbie M.

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2005 at 10:16 AM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 7:31 AM

Hey, if anybody can help out Debbie, she could really use whatever you can do. She lost her home to Katrina, and she has no idea what the future holds for her family. She's currently staying with relatives in Florida. Debbie has done SO much for this community, and I think we should support her through this as much as we can. thanks, -Heidi

One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. -River Tam

autorenderphreak ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2005 at 10:21 AM

Wow - that's horrible. You should set up a web page with some pictures (so people know its for real). Then set up a PayPal donation account. I think a lot of people would help. Write and try and convince merchants to set up a sale to help - maybe donate procede to help. Just some suggestions.

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2005 at 11:31 AM

Debbie just added her renderosity e-mail address to her Paypal account, so people can send donations directly to her if they like. That way you can be sure the money is definitely going to Debbie. DebbieM@renderosity.com She wasn't sure if she could get anything through her local ISP anyway, since they were also in New Orleans, and they're currently down (obviously).

One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. -River Tam

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2005 at 1:57 PM · edited Mon, 05 September 2005 at 1:59 PM

OMG!!!! I'm sooooo sorry to hear this tragic news!!! :(

I don't know how the merchants here feel, but maybe some would be willing to set one or more of their items up so that the proceeds of the sale would go towards a fund for Debbie? Maybe Renderosity would even wave their portion so the entire proceeds go to Debbie?

I'm glad that she is alright. She got away with the most valuable of possessions... life. Stuff can be replaced... even if it takes time to do so. The most important thing is that she's safe.

Message edited on: 09/05/2005 13:58

Message edited on: 09/05/2005 13:59

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2005 at 2:01 PM

Attached Link: www.dol.gov

First of all,allow me to extend my deepest sympathy to those effected by this disaster. As Americans I know we will rise up and help out our fellow countrymen. A special thanks to other countries sending help and aid to the relief effort here on our shores.Even Cuba offered Doctors and medicine. Now...I'm trying to get information to those who may not have communications or perhaps to those who do have communications and are in a position to get information to those who don't. The link posted here will take you to the US Department Of Labor. There you can get access to unemployment benefits that your are entitled to under the law if you have been displaced by this tragedy. Even if you are self employed or have not worked at a place long enough to get unemployment benefits, you are entitled to get these benefits. This assistance was put in place for this very reason and if you need it,by all means,go get it. The website has the necessary form to fill out or call: 1-866-4-USA-DOL TTY: 1-877-889-5627 You have likely paid into this for years through your taxes so there is no shame in collecting on it now. You are entitled to it. Don't suffer or let your family suffer. Go get it. Brightest Blessings to all. Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2005 at 2:20 PM

Thank you, hawkfyr. I sent the link to Debbie. She's very appreciative of any help anyone can offer, be it money, information, or just good thoughts.

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2005 at 2:30 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12357&Form.ShowMessage=2390069

Glad to help. The linked thread is the one where she first realized she wouldn't have a home to go back to. What do you say to someone who just lost everything? *sigh* Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2005 at 2:45 PM

Thank you for the link. I posted her Paypal information over there, too.

Francemi ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2005 at 3:02 PM

Thank you for letting us know. There isn't much I can do but at least I was able to send her a little money. Not much but if everyone does the same, she'll be better off financially. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2005 at 4:26 PM

Oh my gosh, we have been watching the devastation since it started, it breaks our hearts to see so many of Americans in need. We will go to the links provided to see what we can do for her. Thank you for the news. Do you know of anyone else here that needs some help due to Katrina? Sharen

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2005 at 4:56 PM

I know Joe from Netherworks could use some help. He lives in Metairie, and has had to evacuate to Shreveport. You can either buy items from his store at www.netherworks-studios.com or you can send money directly to his paypal account. biz@thenetherworks.com Here is the post he made over at PoserPros: http://poserpros.daz3d.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44360 The only other person I know of who was affected is a PPros merchant named Tallameia. http://poserpros.daz3d.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=316159#316159

blonderella ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2005 at 7:37 PM · edited Mon, 05 September 2005 at 7:38 PM

sending prayers that things for DebbieM and her family will be better soon...it's wonderful that she and Joe from Netherworks got out okay... another one of ours, in the Terragen area, has still not been heard from...we are beside ourselves with worry and would appreciate all the prayers you can offer that he is alive and well, and perhaps just not able to get here yet to let us know...his name is Mark (Markal), and he lived in Biloxi.........................

Message edited on: 09/05/2005 19:38

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Mon, 05 September 2005 at 10:59 PM

Let's hope it's just a communications problem with him. The last thing in the world I want to see is another obituary on the front page. :-( My thoughts will be with him.

spedler ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2005 at 11:57 AM

I saw your first post on this awful news a few days ago, so I bought something from both their stores. It isn't quite the same as direct donations, but if everybody did likewise...

Steve

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Tue, 06 September 2005 at 12:17 PM

Thank you. :-) Everything helps.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2005 at 9:34 PM

DebbieM, I hope you and your family are safe and healthy, and that despite the trajic loss that you will have peace and joy through the holidays and that the New Year will find you and your family prosperous :)

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.