Fri, Sep 20, 4:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: I've been gone too long

SAH ( ) posted Fri, 21 October 2005 at 1:38 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 7:30 PM

Long story short, I stopped posting here for several reasons, the most important being I was working on the beginnings of a new home-based computer repair business, and it's taken up too much of my time. (Somewhat successfully, btw- over 2 1/2 years later I'm still in business and my client list is growing. I now work almost anywhere in the Dallas Texas metroplex.)

Other reasons being I was burning out on the fractal scene- they were all starting to look alike to me, and I needed to back off for a while and concentrate on the real world. I haven't completely stopped creating new work, however- my never-ending series of flame fractals is alive and well, and I'll have to make an effort to post a few of my better ones here in the near future-- once I remember HOW.

In the meantime, just a quick question: "What have I missed?"

Cyble13 ( ) posted Fri, 21 October 2005 at 3:52 PM

Well, welcome back.If you're into flames, then you gotta grab the newest apophysis... http://www.geocities.com/deviant_zueuk/apophysis202z-final.zip for starters.

tresamie ( ) posted Fri, 21 October 2005 at 4:43 PM

Have a look at the archives of the Fractal Window Weekly and the Fractal Vintage Showcase, both available in the header of this column. Barb and Nick have really done a great job showcasing some of the best fractals from each week. That should get you up and running!

Fractals will always amaze me!

Pannyhb ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 8:09 AM

Welcome back, Steve! Tresamie has it right- the FWW and FVS are the best new features here in the fractal gallery!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.