Mon, Sep 9, 7:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Daz Platinum Club Woes...

webmaster421 ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 12:40 PM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 7:42 AM

Hello...I'm not sure if this is where I would ask about this, so please forgive if I am in the wrong forum. I was hoping someone here might be able to give suggestions... I just joined the Platinum Club a week ago [give or take a day or two] and with the membership I signed up for, I was supposed to get the 'New Gift Pack' freebies along with the Platinum Club Bonus Pack. I did get the Platinum Club Bonus Pack items, but waited a couple of days to come back and download the 'New Gift Pack' freebies, [three days I do believe]. When I came back to download them, they were just gone. I have written to Daz and got an email today stating: "These items were freebies, and because they were not applied to an order, we are unable to reset the DL links for these items." So, that's it? I purchased the Platinum Club with the idea that I would receive these items and there was nothing anywhere indicating that I had a [ few-day] time-limit in which to download them. And I really wanted some of those items! I'm not quite sure how I feel about this. I mean, I love Daz and think they do a wonderful job, but now I am a little miffed at this - I mean, I paid for them in a manner of speaking. Any suggestions? Anyone else had this happen to them? Thanks all...

grylin ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 12:45 PM

hey . yes, i have experienced similar things . hope u get ur gift pack and a proper reply from daz. i exp. that the pcbonus10 pack was not available altho they claim i used the voucher . for these 10 free items one could choose for free. either way good luck :P

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 12:49 PM

Have you looked in your "Previous Purchases" area? Downloads at Daz time out and are moved from the current downloads to the downloads history. You can go to that area and reset downloads so that they are moved back to the current downloads area.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

webmaster421 ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 1:03 PM

thanks grylin: thankfully I did get to use the pcbonus10 coupon and got those downloads! thanks Acadia: Yes, I did check the downloads history the same day I found the other items missing...sadly, no such luck. Quote: "You can go to that area and reset downloads so that they are moved back to the current downloads area." Oh my gosh, I wish! They aren't there to have the reset, set. The email from Daz is basicaly saying, 'nothing we can do, sorry, too bad for you, missed it' and that's it. sigh I'll drop Daz one more note with a little nudge at getting those items to me. Not holding out any hope though. sighs again

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 1:07 PM

If you make a big enough stink, they'll fix it.

Which items did you miss downloading? What exactly was the "new gift pack"?

BTW, the date the download expires is listed next to each item on your downloads page. Something to keep an eye on in the future.

webmaster421 ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 1:16 PM

thanks randym77: Quote: "Which items did you miss downloading? What exactly was the "new gift pack"? The following items made up the gift pack: Allosaurus, Anime Hair, Architecture Pack, Battle Pack 1, Bear, BMX Bike, Camel, Flight Attendant Outfit, Gallimimus, Knight, Marlin, Michael 2.0, Michael 2.0 Texture Maps (standard res), Michael Football Gear, Millennium Teeth, Morphing Skull, Penguin, Pirate Pack, Robot, Seahorse, Sports Pack, Stylized Business Man & Woman, Ultimate Horn Pack, Victoria 2.0, Victoria 2.0 Light Texture Maps (standard res), Victoria 2.0 Medium Texture Maps (standard res), Victoria and Michael Sweaters and Wolf. Some of them are things I might not ever use, but some of the items are things I really wanted and can use. I never noticed any expirations next to them and even if I had, I would have just figured that I could get a reset if needed. But Daz is saying that they can't reset them at all because they were freebies. I just sent another email [practially begging] for them to fix this. We'll see...

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 1:31 PM

I renewed my PC membership a couple of weeks ago, and I STILL have all those items on my download page. They expire 11/16.

Usually, they give you lots of time to download them, because it's a lot of stuff, and some people are on dial-up. I think they made a mistake, giving you such a short expiration date.

IMO, the best way to deal with DAZ is by phone. Call them, explain the problem, and ask them to fix it. If they won't, tell them you want to invoke the 30-day money back guarantee. They will probably make it right. If they don't, ask for your money back. You can always buy the PC membership again, and they will give you the gift pack again.

webmaster421 ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 2:13 PM

Thanks randym77, I haven't heard back from them yet from my second email, but I will give it a little more time then try calling. If all else fails, I guess I can do as you suggest and cancel the membership, then sign right back up again. What a way to make a customer jump through hoops! whew LOL

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 3:03 PM

They might actually prefer that you do that. I suspect the problem is not they don't want to reset the downloads, it's that doing so would be a huge PITA. They can easily reset purchases, but not freebies. The system is set up to do refunds, though, so having you return the PC membership and re-buy it should be pretty easy.

aeilkema ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 4:58 PM

Very strange in all of the promotions, nowhere there's a mention that this gift pack does expire.... very tricky.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 6:01 PM

It does seem odd that it expired so quickly. The expiry date I have matches the duration of the special PC discount rate too. The odd times that strange things have happened, DAZ have been very good at sorting things out.

xoconostle ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 6:16 PM

"Very strange in all of the promotions, nowhere there's a mention that this gift pack does expire.... very tricky." Nothing tricky at all. As already mentioned, expiration dates do appear in the Available Downloads section. ALL purchases from DAZ disappear from the Available Downloads section in a few days. The only difference here is that the PC Renewal freebies don't go into the "purchase history" bin, as they're not purchases, so as explained, you cant request DL reset on your own. However, as randym77 pointed out, these renewal season freebies do tend to linger on people's account pages for a longer time, so it seems that in webmaster421's case, an error occurred. DAZ are good-natured and fair when customers approach them with issues like this. I'm aware that certain individuals known for consistently demonizing DAZ would prefer not to hear this, but it's true ... their customer service is very good when you deal with them in real time and with reasonable demeanor. Judging from the first response from DAZ, it sounds like they didn't understand that the items disappeared too quickly. Although your patience is admirable, webmaster421, I'd suggest calling them now so that you can explain things in "real time" with a real live person. :-) They'll almost certainly help you out. If they refuse, then yeah, I'd be miffed too, but ... I can't imagine they'd refuse if you explain and ask for help nicely on the phone.

Alisa ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 6:18 PM

Yes, mine don't expire for a few weeks yet, either - sounds like a glitch. I've always had great success in calling Daz and nicely explaining what happened - they've not let me down yet! - Alisa

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

webmaster421 ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2005 at 8:22 PM

Thanks so much all - I still have not heard back so I will call tomorrow. I like Daz and the products and especially the folks - I'd like to give them the benefit of doubt and time...so I'll be patient for another day. ;-)

xoconostle ( ) posted Thu, 03 November 2005 at 9:16 AM

Best of luck! :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.