Sun, Sep 15, 11:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:17 pm)

Subject: ECO-Hair... just when you thought it was safe to go outside

dburdick ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2006 at 1:25 PM ยท edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 6:08 AM

file_318220.jpg

I've been experimenting with different ways to make hair objects that go beyond the typical wispy looking Poser-type hair. I came up with an approach that takes advantage of Vue's wonderful ecosystem technology. It's really quite simple. Build or find a couple of helix-like objects, and apply them to a half toroid shape as an ecosystem. Make the underlying toroid shape invisible. Then build up the hair on your figure by adding several eco-hair objects around the head of the figure, scaling and rotating the eco-hair objects as you like. It's really cool. You can come with about a million different curly hairstyles using this one object. For the hairstyle I created in the picture, it took about five minutes to arrange the the eco-hair toroids (I used 7 in this case). Each toroid contains about 150,000 polys - so I burned up about a million polys - which is child's play for Vue. The nice thing about helical type objects is that they look like braids when standing vertically or curls when flipped horizonally. Tipping the eco-hair toroid at an angle gives you sort of a hybrid of the two. Scaling the toroids can also provide interesting combinations. Sure beats twiddling with Poser morph dials.

Tiny ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2006 at 1:43 PM

Excellent idea. :o)

If one applied a hair transmap it could turn out very realistic.

war2 ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2006 at 1:48 PM

not bad looking at all for a five minute work, excellent idea!

Irish ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2006 at 2:09 PM

YOU CERTAINLY HAVE MY ATTENTION! This looks absolutely wonderful and just the kind of hair I would love to use. Thanks Dave!!

Monsoon ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2006 at 2:53 PM

Well done dburdick!!! very creative !

creed2003 ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2006 at 5:11 PM

Looks cool!!!

Paula Sanders ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2006 at 8:14 PM

What a great idea. How wonderfully creative. Thanks for sharing.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.