Fri, Aug 2, 11:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 25 7:29 pm)

Subject: Hi res render problem, need advice

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 12:46 PM ยท edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 2:25 AM

file_320888.jpg

Hi all, I mad a hi res (240 PPI) render for print. Print size is 53x75 cm, or about 21x30 inches, and the problem I have is the patterns appearing on the terrain. these patterns are apparently due to the global turbulence applied to the raedy made Vue material (Arizona, from the landscapes collection). Now if you render for showing here, even at 4000x3000 pixels, at 72 ppi, you won't notice it, but higher res and size results in the image shown here. Now, in PS, when I ask for display at print size, it almost doesn't show, but almost. If I get rid of the turbulence, the material is very repetitive. The golabl turbulence complexity is set to 2, I didn't try yet to rise to 5. Now I made an experiment in C4D where I applied some turbulence noise to a cube, both in the colour & bump channels, and rendered. No patterns, although you can't really compare Vue and Cinema shaders. Do you think this could be a bug, and then I should report, or is this normal?

wabe ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 12:54 PM

Iwould ask technical support at e-on indeed. They will know best what it could be - and how to avoid it. Have you played with the overall material size a little? Maybe this could solve your problem. Maybe. In the meantime i would use the clone copier in Photoshop and correct that - is fastest.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 12:59 PM

Yeah, wabe, I change the overall size to 0.5, and the pattern is still there, just 50% smaller. Thanks for your quick answer.

wabe ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 1:05 PM

I would go both ways. Make it really small - like 0.05 (because of the big size of the image) and see. And then go to a really BIG value - like 5 or 20 to see what this result in. Just a thought.

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 1:43 PM

Values of 5 give aweful results, but very small values give better results, but the material gets very repetitive.

wabe ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 1:55 PM

Maybe you can add a little noise to the function? Mathematical terms have a tendency to be repetitive i fear. Same calculation always give the same result - in a way.

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 2:29 PM

Yes, I tried adding some cycling to the mat, and it looks a bit better. What would be interesting to know is: does this global turbulence is also added to the bump channel? I think not, since the pattern looks really flat.

wabe ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 2:52 PM

Hard to say - but you can try it out and maybe disconnect the bump channels for a test. Then you will know.

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 4:05 PM

Right, I'll do this tomorrow, need some sleen now, getting up tomorrow way too early for my liking! Thanks agin for your kind help.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.