Thu, Sep 19, 5:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: Texturing

mikachan ( ) posted Mon, 06 March 2006 at 7:59 PM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 5:55 AM

Ok, so I've made a clothing model for Poser (finally) but now I can't texture it!! I have no idea how to make a texture map for the thing. I tried UV mapper classic, but when I saved the model, it messed it up!! What should I do? I have UV mapper free, Poser, photoshop, and 3dsmax. I cannot buy anything more right now. Thankyou sooooo much for any help!!

jt411 ( ) posted Mon, 06 March 2006 at 8:35 PM

First off, what app. did you use to model the clothing with? Basically, you'll need to "unwrap" the model itself by designating UVW coordinates. Getting everything nice and "paintable" is a bit of a chore, but most 3D apps have some kind of unwrap feature built in. (Wings, Max, Maya) If all else fails, I'm sure somebody here will give you a hand!

anxcon ( ) posted Mon, 06 March 2006 at 9:05 PM

i'm going to take a leap and guess he modeled in 3dsmax :P

mikachan ( ) posted Mon, 06 March 2006 at 9:56 PM

I'm a she... but that's ok. Yeah, I modeled it in max! It's my first ever, and I think it might be kinda good with textures. It's certainly something you can't get anywhere I've looked. I've looked at the UnwrapUV in max, but I just get a scribbely jumble...

anxcon ( ) posted Mon, 06 March 2006 at 10:38 PM

i've always used blender to map out clothes i make its free, and pretty simple to do, create seams and pin down some of the verts, recalc, and tada! its the easiest for me as far as free goes

mikachan ( ) posted Mon, 06 March 2006 at 10:40 PM

thanx! I'll look at it!

ssween ( ) posted Tue, 07 March 2006 at 3:47 AM · edited Tue, 07 March 2006 at 3:49 AM

if it's any help, the easiest way imo, is to ...

1. export from Max as OBJ
  2. Load the OBJ into UVMapper (the free version will be enough)
  3. Create new UV Map, save model, and export map as image (all done from within UVMapper)
  4. load BMP into Photoshop and texture away
  5. load OBJ into Poser and apply map you created

Message edited on: 03/07/2006 03:49

mikachan ( ) posted Tue, 07 March 2006 at 10:16 AM

ok, I did that, but somehow it messed up my model. When I bring the saved model back into max, half of it is eaten up and polygons are missing all over the place. When I bring it into poser, it has some funky weird shading going on. I'll get a pic of what I mean.

nomuse ( ) posted Tue, 07 March 2006 at 1:45 PM

Sounds like you have some reversed normals. Fortunately, UVmapper can fix that too.

mikachan ( ) posted Tue, 07 March 2006 at 5:05 PM

how?

ssween ( ) posted Tue, 07 March 2006 at 6:20 PM

once you've imported the OBJ to UVMapper and done your map, try Edit->Tools->Split Vertices I'm no expert on UVMapping but if you split the vertices before you save the OBJ back out, should be in better shape when you import to Poser - it'll still be smoothed, but not as much (try the other options there as well - Fix Seams and Weld Vertices) for what it's worth, I'm yet to get a model out of max and into Poser as an OBJ in absolute perfect condition

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.