Fri, Oct 4, 1:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: No ebots at all

jwiest ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 1:57 PM

I'm getting tons of Vali ones too, probably 10-12 like the others.  And while I've not had a chance to check, the artist e-bots are back to a trickle again. 

John

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 1:57 PM

There was a change to the mail server today about 1:00 system time so let me know if you miss any favorite ebots after this time:)

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 7:00 PM · edited Thu, 29 June 2006 at 7:08 PM

Well after giving it due time to get back to normal, I figured I should report missing ebots since the gallery changeover. And it doesnt just affect me, but ann0314 and prog as well. People who have us faved arent getting ebots when we upload an image, which, Im sure, is irritating them. Normally, I wouldnt complain about this, Id just wait and let it work itself out, but it does make advertising products to generate sales on Rendo harder to accomplish (as not many people see the posts anymore)  Im not sure if there are still glitches you guys are working out, but I figured Id post something just in case.

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 8:18 PM

We are aware of the issues since the conversion as stated througout this thread. I had just posted this afternoon that we made some changes to the mail server around 1:00pm system time so I really need details on missing ebots after that time as we have been aware of the missing ebots since the gallery conversion but think we have it resolved now.

Thanks

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 8:34 PM

LOL as always, I have impeccable timing. I shoulda read the rest of the thread... doh! Well, I dont think any of us have posted today to tell, but I will let them both know and post back the results. Thanks!!! I appreciate it :o)

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 8:35 PM

Thank you so much for your help:)

Unicornst ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 9:04 PM

Stacey,

If it's any help at all, I did receive one this evening from an artist I haven't had one from since the conversion.

Janet

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 9:06 PM

Oh that is GOOD news. We monitored the logs all afternoon after the mail server change and things looked really good so I am praying this time we have found the problem and that ebots will flow as they should.

Thanks so much for the info

Unicornst ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 12:23 PM

Here to report that unless I overlooked a fav of mine, I have all the ebots I should have gotten.

big smile

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 12:25 PM

YEAH that is GOOD NEWS.. Thanks so much for the update Unicornist

Unicornst ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 1:15 PM

Not a problem, Stacey. And yes...it IS good news!

Unicornst ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 4:36 PM

WAhhhh.... I found one I didn't get the ebot for. Darn it!!

~The Wait~
by Artemis_Sun
in Poser & Fantasy
Fri, June 30, 2006 7:10 am

grumble, grumble, grumble at that bug

Giolon ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 4:59 PM

I did not receive an eBot for an image posted by Danceswithroos on Fri, June 30, 2006 @ 3:21 am, which is after your designated fix time of Thur, June 29, 1pm.

If you need a more detailed report of which times I did and did not receive notifications since then I can provide it.

¤~Giolon~¤

¤~ RadiantCG ~¤~ My Renderosity Gallery ~¤

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 5:08 PM

Well heres my report. I think the update did fix alot of issues - more people reported getting ebots for me who didnt before and it seems alot better (I posted a test to see) But I think its still pretty sporadic... friends have said theyre still not getting ebots for some people since yesterday's update.

Doc000 ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 5:12 PM

I SEEM to be getting all the ebots now, although it's taking some of them upwards of an hour to be sent out based on the time the artist uploaded it and the timestamp on the email.  Others I get within a minute or two of the upload.

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 6:15 PM

Doc that may be due to the number of people on that particuliar members favorites list? The ones that are taking longer?? I dont' know but that would be my guess.

And the people that are saying they still aren't getting some need to be sure they have all their notifications set right and the email address right on their profile and their spam filters right.

Giolon,

I will pass this one on to see if they can check the logs.

Stac

jwiest ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 6:54 PM

I'm still not getting any for Turtle.  That's the first I've come to today that I didn't get.  Looks like it posted over 2 hours ago.  No idea how many have him/her as a favorite.

John

Unicornst ( ) posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 7:09 PM

Stacey,

All notifications are turned on and the ebots have long been added to my address book in my mail, so they never go into the junk folder. Plus, I check the junk.

On the plus side, I did a double check and Artemis_Sun is the only one I didn't get one for.
The next ebot was a bit slow coming, but it did arrive. And I've known them to take their time arriving before the conversion. grin

jwiest ( ) posted Sat, 01 July 2006 at 11:15 AM

I've got all my setting set up correctly and no junk mail setting is catching them.  In addition to Turtle as I mentioned above, I'm still not getting e-bots from the following.

Luciferino, Artemis_Sun, Danceswithroos, & Tivao

John

Litehouse901 ( ) posted Sat, 01 July 2006 at 11:35 AM

I get them some times and other times not - I did get about 15 ebots on a MP product that was added the other day.  I really hate not having the consistency of getting and ebot when a gallery comment has been posted or a favorite artist. 

The whole feel of the gallery page is well - gross.  I don't like it and wish it had other options - IMO, it's nobody business what I have recently viewed - I have looked for a way to turn this off and don't see it.  There are just way too much words and not enough focus on the quality of the RENDERS that the artists post here.

My attitude is getting like Doc's - if you guys aren't interested in what we post here and that WE want to view it a certain way - then why continue to bother?

I just don't get why a survery wasn't done PRIOR to making such drastic changes to a site like this.

Unicornst ( ) posted Sat, 01 July 2006 at 2:19 PM

Apparently, John and I have one artist in common that we are not getting the ebots on. Looks like I've recieved pretty much all from my favs that uploaded except one.....

Blue Sky Dreamin'~*
by Artemis_Sun
in Poser & People
Sat, July 1, 2006 4:26 am

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 01 July 2006 at 6:34 PM

Thanks for the info guys (and girls), I guess its back to the drawing board:(

Litehouse901 ( ) posted Sat, 01 July 2006 at 6:41 PM

I'm sorry - I know how frustrating webpage stuff can be first hand - can't ya just hit the "back" button? 

I just posted my first image in awhile and it was honestly a pain to do the credits.  =o(

I also don't understand what's up with the ebot thing.  (scratches head)

Good luck and thank you!

liewald ( ) posted Sun, 02 July 2006 at 5:10 AM

Ok I still haven't received ANY Ebots since the gallery changeover . Not One............ Must be something Gods gettin back at me for!!!!!!

liewald ( ) posted Sun, 02 July 2006 at 10:04 AM

OK After days of picking through the logs of my mailserver I've got something. The ebots seem to be getting bounced because of a SPF failure (http://www.openspf.org/). This is used by quite a lot of mailserver to check for Identity Spoofing.

Quick Quote

SPF fights return-path address forgery and makes it easier to identify spoofs.
Domain owners identify sending mail servers in DNS.
SMTP receivers verify the envelope sender address against this information, and can distinguish authentic messages from forgeries before any message data is transmitted.

seems to be a mismatch so the bots are being bounced.......

I'll disable the SPF (just to see)

Dave

liewald ( ) posted Sun, 02 July 2006 at 10:17 AM

OK that worked for me....... Wonder how many people are having probs because their ISP have SPF checking enabled....... Worth lookin at Methinks :)

jwiest ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 1:25 AM

Backwards step today for a few that I'd gotten recently.

None for Liewald, mejed or PsychoNaut.

And everything's supposed to come in regardless of setting...it's just supposed to get flagged as SPAM, not deleted.  Didn't actually understand what Liewald was saying worked. shrug

John

jwiest ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 1:44 AM

Hm...well actually, sorry...two of those just arrived very belatedly.  Maybe it's not as bad as I thought.  Still haven't seen any from the ones I posted the other day though.

John

lingrif ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 5:08 AM · edited Tue, 04 July 2006 at 5:13 AM

I get one or two ebots a week from the Vue forum/gallery to which I've subscribed.  And that's it.

When the new format settled down, I decided to create a Favorite Artists list - never had one before.  I get NO ebots when any of them upload to the gallery.  So, that doesn't appear to be working at all.

I also created a signature.  I don't see that working either.  I enter it, click Save Changes, and what I've keyed in disappears which is just my name and web page link

www.lingriffin.com

Litehouse901 ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 7:10 AM

I get NO ebots when any of them upload to the gallery.  So, that doesn't appear to be working at all.

I also created a signature.  I don't see that working either.  I enter it, click Save Changes, and what I've keyed in disappears which is just my name and web page link

I still have problems myself - I find unless I go to the person's gallery myself - I might miss something.  I honestly don't have the time to keep checking galleries of the people's work I follow and I'm sure most people here would agree with that statement.

Sporadic and unpredictable - those are the words for what's going on here....JMO

DennisReed ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 1:21 AM

Here I was thinking this problem had finally been resolved, when today I discover I did not get an Ebot from kimariehere for her last 3 posts. I guess this means I won't be buying for a while! :(

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 5:42 PM

Just an update on kimariehere's ebots for images uploaded not going out to people that have her on their favorites list. We found the problem today when she uploaded a "test" image and we checked the logs. Seemed someone had her on their favorites that didn't have a complete email (they just had their username in the email field instead of the @whatever.whatever) so it caused the whole list to fail and no ebots have been going when kimariehere uploaded an image. Tomorrow when she uploads we will double check the log again to make sure that removing that bad non email address resolved this issue.

Unicornst ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 5:46 PM

Weird how one thing can throw a monkey wrench into the whole works.

So far it seems I'm getitng all of mine now. As for the one I was having problems with on the weekend, I won't be able to tell until this weekend. Artemis_Sun usually only uploads on the weekends.

jwiest ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 5:48 PM

What about others that people have complained about not getting.  I know I haven't gotten ANY from the following.

Turtle, Luciferino, Artemis_Sun, Danceswithroos, Tivao, Prog, and I believe mejid from the other day.

Any way you can run a global check for people with bad addresses, or do we need to be checking constantly and hoping we catch the ones we're missing?

John

Litehouse901 ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 5:54 PM

Here, here with the Turtle!!!  I'm the same way with her!!!

Doc000 ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 5:59 PM

I know that I still don't get ebots when prog uploads an image.  All the others on my favorites seem to be ok for the time being.

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 6:03 PM

This with kimariehere that member that had her on their favorites didn't just have a "bad" email they didn't even have one listed at all. We did run another report that brought up any other members that had people on their favorites with no email addresses that could cause this problem for whoever they have on their favorites. I am contacting those members and giving them a short window of time to get an email address listed in their profile or we will be removing all their favorites so it doesn't block others from getting their ebots. Tomorrow when I get in the office I'll check the short list of members with favorites but no email to see if Prog, Turtle and the rest happen to be on their favorites list.

Unicornst ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 6:24 PM

How do you get registered here without a valid email address? 😕

Sorry...someone had to ask, you know.  :tt2: 😉

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 6:32 PM

Well I think that maybe it was them changing it after they got the verified ebot when they registered. But now that can't happen because if you change it here on the new PHP system, you have to have a valid email as it sends a verification ebot to make the change work to your email address. So if you don't go through the steps now, then it won't change the email..it will stay the same one. So I'm pretty sure this happened before we start requiring validiation on email changes.

Giolon ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 6:33 PM

I'm still not receiving notification for Danceswithroos images.  There have been 3 now since the latest "fix" went in,

Wed, July 5, 2006 8:42 am
Sun, July 2, 2006 1:05 am
Sat, July 1, 2006 8:51 am

Also the latest by Prog, I received no ebot:
Wed, July 5, 2006 4:09 pm

Hopefully it's the invalid e-mail thing screwing them all up.

¤~Giolon~¤

¤~ RadiantCG ~¤~ My Renderosity Gallery ~¤

Unicornst ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 6:58 PM

Aha! The sneaky things. And see all the problems that caused? lol

Thanks Stacey. Somehow I figured you would have an answer. And a very logical one too.

Litehouse901 ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 8:32 PM · edited Wed, 05 July 2006 at 8:32 PM

I just looked at Turtle's gallery and she has posted images and I haven't gotten ebots on them...I added a few other people to my favorite list to see if they come through. 

Uniconst, I was wondering the same thing but didn't want to ask about the email address thing.  Logical reason though for sure.

Unicornst ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 8:36 PM

That was why I asked. I figured there had to be at least one other person out there wondering. :biggrin:

Litehouse901 ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 8:37 PM

I'm always wondering....and about more than just ebots.

Unicornst ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 8:42 PM

Well, I would tell you what my daddy used to say about a wonder, but it's really not for polite company.  :ohmy: :blushing:

DennisReed ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 2:33 AM

Turtle,  Danceswithroos, Prog, AND antje Still missing ebots.

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 10:54 AM

Okay I took care of all the members that had "no email" address and had artists on their favorites list (some artists that were on the "bad accounts" favorites were Turtle, Artemis_Sun, Danceswithroos,  antje) so lets watch what happens the next time one of the artists that you haven't been getting ebots for uploads a new image.

Thanks

Unicornst ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 3:46 PM

Coolies. Maybe that will be the end of this. :biggrin:

Doc000 ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 4:12 PM

One of my favorites, Morris, uploaded an image this morning...I never got an ebot.

So, no, the problem isn't fixed.

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 4:16 PM

Doc,

Morris was one of the artists that was on someone's favorites list with no email address. I didn't fix this before she uploaded, it was afterwards that I removed the favorites for all those accounts with no emails so Morris uploaded at 10:28 this morning but I didn't have this all finished until about a minute before I posted with was 10:54 so you wouldn't have received the ebot for Morris last upload but should for the next one.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.