Mon, Jul 8, 3:52 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 07 7:10 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: No ebots at all

Doc000 ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 6:27 PM

Ok, good to know...thanks.

Unicornst ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 7:44 PM

Stacey,

I thought I had a new problem to report to you because I had 3 ebots about one fav uploading. But it turned out the first two uploads were deleted. LOL

Janet

jwiest ( ) posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 11:57 PM

Add didi_mc to the list of ones I'm not getting...and now I'm not getting an e-bot for this thread either. sigh

John

Unicornst ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2006 at 12:13 PM

I got one for Artemis_Sun, so looks like she's back on the list for people.

jwiest ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2006 at 12:19 PM

Got both Artemis_Sun, didi_mc and the one for this thread...perhaps things are all fixed?

dares to hope and crosses fingers :D

John

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2006 at 12:30 PM

Alright. I think me removing all those favorites from the list of members with no email address has resolved the last of these problems.

Unicornst ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2006 at 12:42 PM

Time for giving Stacey three cheers for tracking this down and getting it resolved.

HIP HIP HOORAY
HIP HIP HOORAY
HIP HIP HOORAY

jwiest ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2006 at 12:59 PM

Indeed...many many thanks Stacey for all your help and listening to us whine, mope and grumble. :)

John

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2006 at 1:11 PM

Oh I had plenty of help from all of you, the programmers and the rest of the team!!!  Working together always gets a resolution if you don't give up!!!

Avalonne ( ) posted Sat, 08 July 2006 at 6:17 PM

For me add Danceswithroos, msebonyluv and pjaj to ebots I'm not getting...so guys? It's not all fixed yet.

Giolon ( ) posted Sat, 08 July 2006 at 10:06 PM

Avalonne, none of those artists you listed have uploaded any images since the "fix" went in on July 6th.  The closest one was Danceswithroos on July 5th.  So, please make sure that your examples of not getting an e-bot fall after the "fix" on July 6th, otherwise it's no help (or proof that anything is broken).

¤~Giolon~¤

¤~ RadiantCG ~¤~ My Renderosity Gallery ~¤

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 08 July 2006 at 10:08 PM

Thanks Giolon, I was just going to post this LOL.. great minds and all that

Please let us know Avalonne if any of those artists uploads in the future if you don't receive the ebot.

Unicornst ( ) posted Sun, 09 July 2006 at 12:16 AM

I'm not taking the three cheers back, though. 😉   I got faith in you Stacey.  You'll track it down.

Giolon ( ) posted Mon, 10 July 2006 at 1:04 PM

I got my first e-bot for Danceswithroos since the changeover today.  Signs are looking looking good. :)

¤~Giolon~¤

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 10 July 2006 at 1:13 PM

Oh good news Giolon.  YAY!!!

Fredy ( ) posted Mon, 10 July 2006 at 2:44 PM

Ahem... I am not getting any Ebots for this thread any longer... :(

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 10 July 2006 at 3:30 PM

You will not get an email on every reply. You will get an email for the first reply until you return.

Example.

You reply and subscribe (or just subscribe) to "Joe's Thread".
Someone else replies, and you get an eBot for it, but you don't click on the link to visit the thread just yet.
Yet another person replies ... or three or four or five or six ... but since you haven't visited the thread yet, you get no more eBots.
You come back to the thread to read all the replies and your subscription is reset for you.
Someone else replies, and you get an eBot for it.

Thanks

Fredy ( ) posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 11:30 AM

Thanks Stacey, I know the system... I am here for quite a while.. ;-)  

I hope it is just me, maybe I oversaw an ebot... keeps-fingers-crossed

VikAngel ( ) posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 2:02 PM · edited Tue, 11 July 2006 at 2:09 PM

Attached Link: ...

Thanks

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 5:14 PM

:sigh: I hate to be posting this yet again, but ebots are still completely irregular.

As far as I go, people DO still get ebots from me... but not everyone, as they've complained in comments. Prog on the other hand, NEVER gets ebots sent out when he posts. Every single one of his posts have a long line of complaints from people that they dont get his ebots at all. Some saying theyre going to write to rendo about it even - thats how aggravated people are. And well, hes quite frustrated too and hasnt been posting as much due to the inconsistency of the system - Im with him all the way. Whats the point of posting when no one sees it?? I mean hell, we have our own site we could do that on. Why bother with Rendo?

I read that there are no error logs... well something is screwy somewhere. Its tiring for the people who wish to see posts and never get notified and for us, when advertising especially... we try like hell to make money or to advertise contests for people who cant afford things, who would love to try and win them instead and dont get word out coz of faulty ebots. And its completely out of our control. Im a PHP nerd too and I can tell you, an error like this would have been fixed by now on my own site. Coz I wouldnt stop til it was. Assumably, your team of PHP gurus is prolly way more experienced than I... so I just dont understand how its still broken? And as such, its really frustrating that I cant just go in and fix it myself LOL But I digress... I would certainly not assume everything is okay, when multiple people are complaining about the same thing.

Sorry for the rather long winded rant. I just had to vent and hopefully it will get fixed this time around. :( 

Doc000 ( ) posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 5:39 PM

I see that Prog uploaded a new image just about 2 hours ago, and I still haven't gotten an ebot about it.

Maybe you folks should focus on that one particular artist since it's very obvious when ebots for his images don't go out.  Find out why his images specifically don't get ebots sent out and then apply that solution to everyone.

jwiest ( ) posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 5:43 PM

I'll vouch that I've still not gotten an e-bot for Prog's last upload.  Spotted it on the gallery page over 2 hours ago.  I realize he's got nearly 1700 people that have him as a favorite, but even given that I'd have thought the system might have gotten through them all by now.  I'll wait and see if it ever shows up, since I believe this is the first time he's posted since you all thought everything was fixed back up and advise later. :)

John

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 5:46 PM

This is true, the first time I've heard that Prog has uploaded since we fixed the no email issue. I can try and get the log looked at right now. so hold tight let me see if I can find a programmer still around their computer.

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 5:49 PM · edited Tue, 11 July 2006 at 5:49 PM

Okay I gave the info to Nicholas and he is looking at the log right now.  I'll let you guys know as soon as he goes over it

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 5:55 PM

Thanks Stacey, and the rest of you guys for helping out... we appreciate it!!

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 5:56 PM

Okay we've found the issue with prog and it has to do with the number of members that have him on their favorites list. We are working on it to resolve for the next upload.

Once I know we have this problem fixed I will contact Prog and ask him to upload an image so we can watch the log and make sure the error is resolved.

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 6:01 PM

Ok, I let him know about this thread and Ill let him know later when I talk to him that u guys are working on it :keeping fingers crossed: Thanks again hon.

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 6:41 PM

No problem. Just let him know that i will be contacting him to upload a "test" image when we get this resolved so we can monitor the log to be sure. Tell him thats what he gets for being so dang popular around here, LOL just kidding but he is one of the top artists as far as the number of members that have him on their favorites. Very good news for him indeed:)

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 6:54 PM

Okies will do and LOL!! yeah, we were in awe when we finally saw the actual count of people who have faved him. O.o

jwiest ( ) posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 7:35 PM

Alright, I'm sure this isn't quite the place for this, but since it came up somewhat...is there a way to find out just who's added you to their favorites?

John

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 7:37 PM

I dont think you can, actually... but it would be really cool if there was. However, I dont wanna even imagine what it would take to code that kinna option LOL

williamsn ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 12:00 AM

Quote - I dont think you can, actually... but it would be really cool if there was.

Done. I had meant to do this anyway, and overlooked it. Wasn't too much work. N

-Nicholas

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 12:04 AM

Quote - > Quote - I dont think you can, actually... but it would be really cool if there was.

Done. I had meant to do this anyway, and overlooked it. Wasn't too much work. N

So wait, we can now see exactly who the people are that have added us to their faves?? O.o

williamsn ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 12:07 AM

Yea sometime after midnight when I bring the new version over. It will only list out public favorites. People who have marked you as a private favorite artist won't be listed, obviously. N

-Nicholas

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 12:11 AM

Oh how wicky cool!!! Ive been wondering that for a long time lol So how will we view them?? Under faves or something??

jwiest ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 12:46 AM

LOL...I hadn't even noticed there were public and private favorites in the first place.  Good deal though, thanks a bunch.  I've been trying to save the e-bots, especially since there weren't many of them yet anyway but lost a few somewhere along the line.

Not like it's really important, I was just curious.

Thanks again.

And while I'm thinking of it, is there a specific thread for asking questions and/or making suggestions like that?

John

williamsn ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 1:19 AM

Okay, it's there now. Go to "my favorites". Also, that should put in place the final fix for the Favorite Artist eBots issue. I'll get Stacey to get prog to upload an image later today (when it's a decent hour for the rest of the world :tt2:) and we'll see that it works. 😄 N

-Nicholas

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 1:26 AM

Decent hour shmour... Im a nightcrawler LOL I think all designers are... its like some kinna rule. And holy crap that feature is soo awesome!! Thankies for adding it and all your help with prog's faves!! Ill let him know the scoop (am talking to him right now actually LOL)

williamsn ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 1:27 AM

Cool. Just tell him to upload something and I'll sit here and watch the logs and we'll see the emails go out :-). N

-Nicholas

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 1:33 AM

Well, he has to go to bed coz he has to work in the AM... but he said he will upload tomorrow evening after work (which is usually about 5pm EST) Not sure how u guys wanna orchestrate it.... if Stacey wants to IM him so u can check at the same time???

williamsn ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 1:34 AM

Tell him to IM "williamsn" (me) when he uploads so I can go look at the logs right away. Thanks! N

-Nicholas

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 1:43 AM

Okies, no prob, will do... thanks again!!!

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 10:01 AM

Thanks Nicholas

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 6:38 PM

Okay did everyone get their prog ebot? Nicholas monitored the log and all 1685 favorite ebots successfully sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unicornst ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 6:40 PM

I got progs..... thank you!!!

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 6:41 PM

Good deal. Boy you are fast, Unicornst. I just posted this question:)

Giolon ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 6:43 PM

Got my prog e-bot!

¤~Giolon~¤

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 6:47 PM

Oh keep the good news coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 7:22 PM

Well its looking good here too so far - I got his bot and its looking like everyone else did too. Here's hoping!!! :crossing fingers: Thanks for the help!!!

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 7:23 PM

You're welcome!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.