Sun, Oct 6, 7:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: blistering and strange shadows in P5...

amacord ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 4:55 AM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 9:50 AM

say, has this problem been solved in poser6?

thx, A.

stewer ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 6:15 AM

Can you be more specific? What problem?

amacord ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 6:48 AM · edited Wed, 02 August 2006 at 6:49 AM

file_349845.jpg

hi stewer!

the problem with welded vertices...where people usually recommend to split them, you know what i mean? still the same in P6?

Andi

stewer ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 7:28 AM

In Poser 6 you can turn of smoothing completely or set a max crease angle on a per-object base.

amacord ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 7:54 AM

thx for the quick answer!

would you kindly set up a quick shot of a simple six-facet-box with welded vertices and with this max crease angle set accordingly? please do me that favour.....

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 02 August 2006 at 12:49 PM · edited Wed, 02 August 2006 at 12:50 PM

file_349856.jpg

Here is the Poser box primitive, exported as obj, then imported twice with the "weld identical vertices" option turned on.

Both have smoothing turned on. The upper one has crease angle 100, the lower crease angle was 80. Since the edges are 90 degrees, the lower one is all crease no smoothing, the upper one is all smooth, no crease. Objects with various angles would have various parts smooth or creased as specified.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

amacord ( ) posted Thu, 03 August 2006 at 1:43 AM

thanks a lot and big hands, bagginsbill, i owe you a drink....

A.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.