Sun, Sep 22, 7:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:30 pm)

Subject: Interposer Pro question

RodB ( ) posted Sun, 17 September 2006 at 7:40 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 11:33 AM

Does the demo allow multiple  runtimes , I have a posed scene containing Vic , Clothing and 2 props , these are assembled in P6 out of content from  12 runtime folders  , when I import this scene into Cinema what comes in is , No pose figure is zeroed , no clothes and the props are in the centre of world ,they were parented to Vics hands in Poser .

Is this happening because of Demo mode ? if it is I,ll stop trying to figure out whats going on :)

Great plugin , I dont think my problem is the plugin itself but I need to know whats going on here so I can test it properly for my set up of content .

I would have posted this on the guys own forum but having trouble with registering to it .

Thanks Rod

SWAMP ( ) posted Sun, 17 September 2006 at 9:26 PM

Yes the demo does allow multiple runtimes.
If you don’t have all the runtimes listed in interPoser that contain the contents of your scene file, I would imagine that would be causing your problem.

Note: There is a complete manual installed in the interPoser plugin folder that discusses adding multipliable runtimes and preferences order.

Pretty cool plugin…having a blast with it myself.

SWAMP

RodB ( ) posted Sun, 17 September 2006 at 9:38 PM

Thanks Swamp , yeh I dont think I had all the runtimes listed , prolly it :)

Cool aint the word :) mate its a fantasic plugin for Poser Cinema users , I looked at Bodystudio at twice the money and no trial ,,,, Im glad I waited for this , great features :)

Rod

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Mon, 18 September 2006 at 12:06 AM

Hello Rod,

1. You are now registered at the forum (because of forum-bot b...word, I personally authenticate forum registrations).

2.  Thank you for your purchase!

1. The demo mode is only time restricted.  It works the same as the licensed version in every other way.  I agree with SWAMP that this might be a lack of Runtime references.  interPoser Pro only seeks content references in the available Runtimes added to Runtime Explorer.  I should add the opportunity to check the unaltered file reference if it is a full path - that would remove the need for all Runtimes being referenced in cases like this.

Thank you very much and let us know what the cause was if found or contact me if it remains otherwise.

Robert

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 18 September 2006 at 6:12 AM

While you're there, can I ask, is it possible to pose the poser figure from within C4D or do you have to redo it in poser then update it with interposer? Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Mon, 18 September 2006 at 6:28 AM

Pose, animate, morph, texture, parent, conform within C4D.  Master/slave relationships are supported, so FBM, PBM, JCM, ERC (etc.) work.

There is a long way to go beyond this (alternate geometry, IK, Point At, BVH import, and so forth), but it is a start. :)

Robert

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 18 September 2006 at 6:31 AM

can I use my mat poser files to change the materials in C4D? Love esther

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Mon, 18 September 2006 at 6:57 AM

Yes, but no Shader Node support (except for sub-polygon displacement maps in C4D R9).

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 18 September 2006 at 9:15 AM

It sounds really intriguing. You're not tempted to buy sketch and toon to see how that would look? You could make some nice pics hint hint. Love esther

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Mon, 18 September 2006 at 5:06 PM · edited Mon, 18 September 2006 at 5:07 PM

Hello esther,

Very funny. ;D  That made my day.  At the rate that interPoser Pro is selling, I may actually be able to get S&T (though this is not my style of artwork - manga on occasion).

Nonetheless, it looks like spedler is getting you some information in the other thread - always great help from him!

Note that you can download interPoser Pro and run it in demo mode.  For demo versions of Cinema 4D, you do not even need the 'DEMO' registration to be entered.  You can get it here (if you haven't already).

Robert

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 18 September 2006 at 5:46 PM

Robert, InterPoser Pro is AWESOME!!!!! Ten thumbs up!

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2006 at 3:10 AM

Hi, thanks. I actually did download the demo of C4D last night, havne't installed it yet. Was surprised to see that it comes with sketch and toon, so I can try it out for myself, although I'll have to get familiar with the interface. Do you happen to know how the demo is limited for C4D? Is it by time or by render quality or something? I'm wondering if I shouldn't load the demo when I have more free time, if I only have limited time to play with it. Love esther

SWAMP ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2006 at 9:46 AM

esther,The only Cinema demo I tried was several versions ago, and that was "Save" disabled.
Don't know if it's still the same, as I checked on Maxon's site for you and found no mention of what the limitations are.
I’m sure someone in the Cinema forum will know.

I know you’re interested in the Sketch and Toon, but plan on spending a lot of time playing, once you discover what the “Hair” module does.

Have Fun,
SWAMP

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2006 at 3:06 PM

hehehe you are evil SWAMP. I am so badly tempted!!!!! Love esther

DRACONIAN ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2006 at 6:17 PM

Don't fear Esther! If you decide to take the plunge into the Best 3Dapp(IMHO), then i will gladly help you learn it's tricks in half the time it took me... ;-)) Maybe i should consider been the first 'Human Guinea pig' for your transporter... LOL Yes, the hair module is one of the best Hair thingies around (xcept maybe for Sasquash fo LW). Anyhoo, That would also give you the added bonus of getting any stuff i've made & will make ready to use! :-O insert Evil Grin here. Ciaos! Markus

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 12:12 AM

OMG I am so tempted. About that transporter thing. Remember the missing guinea pig? Well he materialized in a rock. but don't worry, I've learnt from that mistake and I think I can bring you safely to Australia. We just need to scatter your molecules where you are and reconstitute them here. It's simple, painless and reasonably safe. I've moved the rock a few feet to the right. Love esther

DRACONIAN ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 2:44 PM

LOL! I'm a bit like Barclay when it comes to Transporters. I'm a bit worried about having even one molecule misplaced. And i won't get into the theological ramifications of what happens to the soul? :-) But i do suggest strongly that you try the demo first. Just to be sure that you like it. :-)) Markus

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 5:50 PM

I've got it, but I was doing a really long render in carrara, and when it was 3 days rendering I suddenly noticed that I hadn't ticked light through trans ( when I saw V3 eyes), so I had to start again. So now I have to wait until my pic is rendered before I can try the carrara demo. Unfortunately this next week is my long working week with weekend included. However I do really want to try the demo and I will, then I'll report back. Love esther

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2006 at 8:25 PM

oops I mean the C4D demo

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.