Mon, Sep 23, 10:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 6:44 pm)

Subject: Help needed with walk animation

Ilenora ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2006 at 10:11 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 10:32 PM

Hi

I'm trying to make an animation using V3 for a contest I'm entering which needs a 40 second movie.

I wanted to make her walk so I used the Walk Designer in Poser 6. I used the Sexy Walk set to 100%, but when I tested it she ended up walking like a clown! So I took the Sexy Walk off and just used the default settings (everything at 0%), but it was almost just as bad as before. What is the problem? Is it that the Walk Designer isn't compatible with V3? I searched in the Free Stuff for some walk animations but the two I found needed the Walk Designer for V3 and the Walk Designer for Millennium Figures, and I don’t know where to find these.

If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated as this animation needs to be done by early November :)

Many thanks
Ilenora

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2006 at 10:37 PM · edited Mon, 16 October 2006 at 10:38 PM

The walk designer has a load button on the left side. It allows you to load a CR2 file for the figure you are developing a walk for . This ensures the right bone lengths are used.

I have a couple of walk poses that I can send you if the above doesnt work for you.

Ilenora ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2006 at 10:55 PM

Yes, I tried loading the V3 CR2, but it doesn't make any difference. If it's not too much trouble those walk poses would be very nice to have thanks :)

I am using a custom morphed head for the character, and I set the Stretch Legs morph to 50%... does that effect the walk cycle?

Ilenora

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2006 at 11:38 PM

whoa! that morph will definitely make it a silly walk IMVHO. raise the hip ytrans up a bit and make it linear.

Ilenora ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2006 at 12:11 AM

Quote - whoa! that morph will definitely make it a silly walk IMVHO. raise the hip ytrans up a bit and make it linear.

The morph on her head is the custom Lynara morph from Daz. Does a head morph effect the walking? If so, then I can't change it... how do I fix the walk without removing her head morph?
And I'm not quite sure what you mean by "raise the hip ytrans up a bit and make it linear". Can you explain a bit more please? :) Do I do this because her legs are slightly longer?

Thanks
Ilenora

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2006 at 12:23 AM

check the hip ytrans graph. raise up the value for frame 1. see philc's tutorial if unclear. if ya can raise up the hip so frame 1 looks o.k., then raise all the keyframes by the same amount. the head morph won't affect the walk AFAIK.

Ilenora ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2006 at 12:31 AM

Quote - check the hip ytrans graph. raise up the value for frame 1. see philc's tutorial if unclear. if ya can raise up the hip so frame 1 looks o.k., then raise all the keyframes by the same amount. the head morph won't affect the walk AFAIK.

Okay, I'll try that thanks :) Where can I find that tutorial please? And um... how will raising the hip make it look okay? It's like her legs sort of bend backwards at the knee when she's walking.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2006 at 1:06 PM

Attached Link: http://www.philc.net/animation1.htm

when ya said "walking like a clown", I guessed a bow-legged silly walk, which might be fixed (assuming IK on) by raising the hip. however, if it's just the shins bending forwards, raising the hip won't fix that, unless ya try the same animation without leg stretch morph, and the shins don't bend forward (IK on).

Ilenora ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2006 at 8:33 PM

Quote - when ya said "walking like a clown", I guessed a bow-legged silly walk, which might be fixed (assuming IK on) by raising the hip. however, if it's just the shins bending forwards, raising the hip won't fix that, unless ya try the same animation without leg stretch morph, and the shins don't bend forward (IK on).

Sorry, I guess I should have been more explicit :) Well, I made sure IK is turned off, but it's still the same. When I put the default "Sexy Walk" on from the Walk Designer folder in Poser 6, when walks okay, but she walks in place, and when I change the setting to make her walk along a path that's when the leg problem happens. Her shins bend backward, and inwards so that her knees overlap and her ankles get twisted out to be in the right position.

I guess if it can't be fixed I'll just have to try some other animation :) But I have watched other's videos and their figures seem to walk okay :(

Many thanks
Ilenora

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2006 at 10:30 PM

save the scaled figure to the figures library and load that cr2 to walk designer . 

the head movement can be fixed easily in the keyframe editor.

sexy walk egagerates hip movement and places the feet more in a line or slight crossover. Streatching the legs will give you a lot of grief because the movement will egagerate .

Ilenora ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2006 at 10:54 PM

Quote - save the scaled figure to the figures library and load that cr2 to walk designer . 

the head movement can be fixed easily in the keyframe editor.

sexy walk egagerates hip movement and places the feet more in a line or slight crossover. Streatching the legs will give you a lot of grief because the movement will egagerate .

Thanks :) I'll try that. But uh... this may sound stupid but I have no idea how to save the figure to the figures library. Will it still keep it's morphs and textures?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.