Thu, Sep 19, 4:53 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: Venturing Out....

White Raven ( ) posted Mon, 25 December 2006 at 6:07 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 4:51 PM

I'm venturing out into the world of texturing and just getting started, and I need some advice on my first endeavor - drow (dark elven) skin. I want to achive a nice glossy black without turning my characters blue, and I feel a bit like I've waded into the deep end of a swimming pool with alligators chasing me. I feel a bit bewildered as to how to get this to work. I am using V4 and M3, should I try other models? I have Poser 7 and Photoshop CS.

Thanks in advance,
White Raven

Gareee ( ) posted Mon, 25 December 2006 at 12:56 PM

Simple. in the material room, use a simple black color.

Use a pale blue specular color, and crank up it's size, and then just adjust it's brightness to suit you.

If you want to add a third tint highlight, add al specular glossy, and then adjust that for harshness, color and brightness.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

White Raven ( ) posted Mon, 25 December 2006 at 4:20 PM

Thanks, Gareee!

White Raven ( ) posted Mon, 25 December 2006 at 9:11 PM

Ummm....okay, I am curious. How do I take the texture I create and get it ready to share here? I don't want to do anything wrong, so I am concerned - can I share a derivative of the basic texture of something like V4?

Thanks in advance,
White Raven

wdupre ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2006 at 12:24 AM

No you can't use a commercial texture in anything you distribute. you would need to either start with the templates and create your texture from scratch or use a merchant utility, such as the one from Sarsa here, which has specific permission to be modified and resold. http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/-/?item=4763&cat=350

White Raven ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2006 at 2:56 PM

Thanks, wdupre!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.