Sat, Aug 3, 10:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: V4 dynamic clothing freebie (teaser...)

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 4:38 AM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 10:17 PM

I'm working on a sort of "office set" for Vicki 4. The skirt is finished, it'll come in 5 varieties, from zipper all closed, to fully open up to the waistband, and 3 intermediate stages.
UVmapped, templates will be provided.

The blouse looks pretty nice, but is too hi-poly to be workable. I'm building a lower res version right now.
The blouse can be fully open, fully closed, and anywhere in between, judicious use of the Soft Decorated group enables this trick. 
Like the skirt, it'll be UV mapped, templates will be provided.

Materials: P6 material collections, P5 materials, and probably MAT poses for P5. Most of them will be fully procedural, since I am not at all proficient with Photoshop and can't create decent textures....

Now what else does Vicki need in the office? Let me know...

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 4:39 AM · edited Sat, 13 January 2007 at 4:39 AM

file_365398.jpg

Here's a first impression

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 4:40 AM

file_365399.jpg

And from the backside. 

All cloth materials are fully procedural. Default lighting, quickie FF render.

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 4:42 AM

That's a really nice blouse, I look forward to it.

My Freebies

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 4:45 AM

Well thats some fine work mister ...looks good.
You realy nail dynamic clothes every time :}

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

mickmca ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 4:58 AM

I'm ready to buy. Oh, where are these "offices"?

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 5:05 AM

One thing i think might be fun to have is a "Tie" ? "stropdas" Svdl can read this "
You know with a men's shirt to go with it...
And a pair of long normal pants...

Keep it up !!
Chris

Chris

My Free Stuff

saus69 ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 5:19 AM

That's beautiful.. love the dynamic folds.

urbanarmitage ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 5:38 AM

Lovely stuff svdl! Very gracious of you to offer it as a freebie when done. Thank you!

I must say though, with it being that see-thru I doubt much work will be happening in that office! :lol:

Wayne

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 5:49 AM

Amazing Blouse svdl, I'm so thoroughly jealous of your talant :)

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 5:52 AM

Well i dont want to keep SvdL from making this outfits ..BUT
The "old V3 dynamic clothes from him are AB FAB .. and with a little scaling they work FINE
with V4 ..so when you love this GET those ...

End of commercial ;}

Chris 

Chris

My Free Stuff

infinity10 ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 7:17 AM

Nice clothes.  Impressed with how the blouse and skirt render.

Eternal Hobbyist

MartinW ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 7:27 AM

Lovely dynamics as ever - can't wait for its release...

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 7:53 AM

With that blouse, which is amazing, she'd need a nice camisole that's not transparent.  Lookong fotward to this, Chris.  Your work is always amaxing.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 7:55 AM · edited Sat, 13 January 2007 at 7:57 AM

You can always adjust the materials and make it less transparent :)

edit - on the other hand that WOULD look quite nice with a camisole underneath it.

My Freebies

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 7:59 AM

With that blouse, which is amazing, she'd need a nice camisole that's not transparent.  Lookong fotward to this, Chris.  Your work is always amaxing.

Mmm victoria ...IM not making this :} SVDL is making this great stuff..

Greetz 
CHRIS <==== ;}

Chris

My Free Stuff

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 8:08 AM

Sorry, Chris ... and svdl.  Early morning with a 2-year old on my lap, not enough coffee yet ... let's see, what else can I say?  :b_blush:

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 8:25 AM

I have your V3 dynamic stuff so I know this'll be top notch!
As for what else would she need, well how about some stockings!  Yea I know I'm a perv!!! 

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Nebula ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 8:50 AM

svdl!!!  This is looking awesome!!!  I agree with everyone else that I can't wait to get ahold of it!  Is it getting any easier to do the lapels yet?

Thanks for all your efforts!  I think you have a winner here,

Nebula

Mazak ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 9:14 AM

That’s an amazing piece of cloth. I love all your dynamic dresses. :thumbupboth:

Thank you very much!!

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 9:43 AM

This is absolutely awesome! It may even get me to finally use V4 L

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Channing ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 10:40 AM

Gorgeous work. Well done.

Jules53757 ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 11:06 AM

Great job!

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

Singular3D ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 2:43 PM

Excellent blouse! The folds look very real.

pruiz ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2007 at 5:03 PM

Thank you - your work is indispensible and absolutely unique in the poser domain.

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 8:17 AM

Update on the project: I rebuilt the blouse at half the polygon count - now it's about 10,000 polys. Still quite a lot, and it doesn't calculate fast, about 30 seconds/frame on an Athlon64 3500+ / WinXP Pro / Poser 6 SR3.

Next part: the buttons. Rigid decorated groups have their peculiarities, I hope it'll work.

A note: some parts of the blouse are "double", having both inside and outside polygons. Usually in places where a real blouse would have a double layer too, e.g. the collar and the seams/hems. The seams and hems are modeled in, they do not depend on texture/bump/displacement.

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 8:20 AM

file_365518.jpg

Here Vicki hasn't bothered to button up her shirt.

Someone said something about a camisole. Well, I didn't have a fitting camisole for her (the one I have doesn't have fitting body morphs), but I got her a teeny tiny bra.... I might include it in the package. It's a conformer, with morphs, but the morphs are far from perfect.

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 8:21 AM

file_365519.jpg

Though she is a bit of an exhibitionist, Vicki CAN button up her blouse. For a bit, at least....

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 8:21 AM

file_365520.jpg

It took some coercion, but finally she completely buttoned up her blouse....

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 8:22 AM

file_365521.jpg

Here is an alternate material. Also fully procedural.

pruiz ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 8:23 AM

Sounds fine - great in fact - can't wait to get simulating with it.

You asked earlier what else V4 would need in the office - stockings and a garter belt to hold them up would seem only proper.

Thanks again.

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 8:24 AM

file_365522.jpg

Another material, this time a shiny silk/satin. The folds in the back seem to work pretty well. The seams and hems do not have a different material (neither do they in the previous renders), their "solidity" is caused by the polygons on the inside of the blouse.

Mazak ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 8:30 AM

:woot: :tt1:

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Nebula ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 8:39 AM

Man, the collar is excellent!!  It appears to fold very well.  Not too concerned with how long the calculations take, I'd rather have it look great!  Thank you so much for the effort your putting into this.  It's really showing!!!

Nebula

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 8:48 AM

Wow!  This is going to be awesome!  I can see I need to start playing with dynamic clothing.  I have a camisole for V4 but it's not a freebie.  It'll work though.  Great job, svdl.  I can't wait for this one.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 9:50 AM

There's a little problem with the buttons. They're constrained to the right side of the blouse, while they SHOULD be constrained to the left side. It has to do with the way rigid decorated groups work in Poser, it's not possible to instruct Poser to constrain the group to a certain defined cloth group, it just picks out the closest vertices.

I have an idea how to work around this problem, but that'll take some time to work out.

Ah well, the buttons didn't turn out too bad for now...

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 9:50 AM

file_365526.jpg

All buttoned up...

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 9:51 AM

file_365527.jpg

All buttons open. Here you can see that they're attached to the wrong side of the blouse.

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 10:30 AM

hey .. waneer is jouw collectie bij H&M tekoop :} in plaats van die viktor en rolf ...

Just a little dutch joke .. i made to SVDL.. nothing else.

Chris

Chris

My Free Stuff

lam2 ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 1:05 PM

svdl, I've been a big fan of your dynamic clothing.  What you are working with right now looks amazing!
I remember you were posting about the new technique to make dynamic clothing a few month back, and was hoping to see the work from that project.
I can't wait to try this one!

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 1:24 PM

file_365573.jpg

Got it! The buttons I mean. The trick is in the morphs. By setting the morphs for each button that should be closed (button itself must move forward) or open (left and right panel must move aside) before calculating the simulation, it's possible to have the buttons on the correct  side!

jhustead ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 5:53 PM

Your work is amazing! And the coolest thing is that you don't charge people to use your awesome creations! I look forward to using this in the future. One thing that I think would be cool for the office environment is a long silky or plush scarf. And I think it would look cool as dynamic clothing as well.

-James

Fazzel ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 8:21 PM

Love your work, looking forward to having this one too.

ccbig ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 10:24 PM

Love the blouse and skirt. Nice texture work! A belt and some sort of loose scarf might also work with this wonderful outfit. I do not recall any tops done with a button cuff. A button cuff that could be unbuttoned and rolled up would be a interesting morph for someone with the talents to make one. Thank you for sharing you work! ~ccbig~

pobble ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2007 at 12:14 PM

This really looks terrific. A couple of suggestions, since you asked: 1) The buttons on the blouse don't really seem visible in your renders. Nice buttons would be great. 2) Is there any way to tuck in the blouse and still keep it dynamic? (And add a nice wide belt?) 3) A "mini" morph for the skirt to make it shorter ;) Thanks!! M

Slowhands ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2007 at 1:12 PM

I love your blouse, I wish dinamic Clothing wasn't so slow to work with. I love the look. I do animation, and when it gets faster within Poser to work with. That will be the clothing that I use all the time.

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2007 at 2:25 PM

Awesome! It's looking great!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

ozbrat ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 3:33 AM

Wow, can't wait for this, thank you

Casette ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 7:09 AM

wow!

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

svdl ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 12:52 AM

Update on the blouse: I've refined the mesh, the UV mapping and the morphs. 

The morph trick is pretty neat: by just setting the OpenButtonX morphs to 1 on the first frame (and back to zero on the second frame) for each button you want to have open, the blouse works! No need to fiddle with the cloth group settings.

Some new shots in the following posts.

svdl ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 12:53 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_365818.jpg

All buttons closed, no morphs applied. Nudity flag applied since the silky material is fairly transparent.

Note: I will not include this material in the pack, since I didn't make it myself.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.