Sat, Aug 3, 9:58 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: V4 dynamic clothing freebie (teaser...)

svdl ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 12:54 AM · edited Wed, 17 January 2007 at 12:55 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_365820.jpg

Buttons 1, 2, 3 and 6 opened on frame 1, and closed again on frame 2. Exactly the same cloth dynamics settings.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

svdl ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 12:56 AM

file_365822.jpg

Careful mesh refinement prevents pokethru in that pesky elbow area

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

svdl ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 12:58 AM

file_365825.jpg

Double layered hems, seams and collars prevent that "infinite thinness" look that often plagues dynamic clothes - including my older freebies. An added bonus is that the seams are really "modeled in", which makes texturing the blouse much easier. No need to create displacement maps to give the seams some thickness!

The material I used here is a simple tiled texture map. That's all.

pruiz ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 6:33 AM

Stupendous - can't wait. Thanks in anticipation.

DarthJ ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 6:27 PM

One prop I can think of for that "finishing touch" are glasses (bril)

Though there are enough free ones around that will fit V4.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 6:28 PM

can i just say that your v3 dynamic office clothes are (so far) my favorite dynamic clothes.  i should be posting a pic with them here soon.  i've been putting finishing touches and such on my images, trying to make a real gallery out of my work. 

i wish more people would make clothes like yours.  especially jeans.

pruiz ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2007 at 7:27 AM

Where will you post these? I missed the "v3 dynamic office clothes " mentioned by cobalt stream. Where were they presented?

Nebula ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2007 at 4:29 PM

svdl,

This is looking fantastic!  I think it's cool how you have independant buttons closed and others open. This is coming along wonderfully!  Thanks for all your HARD work!

Nebula

kobaltkween ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2007 at 4:36 PM

i believe that they were presented in the forums here, in freestuff, and at planit3d.
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?user_id=99327
"Dynamic Blouse and Skirt for V3," first item in the 5th row

svdl ( ) posted Fri, 19 January 2007 at 7:36 PM

file_366174.jpg

Someone asked for stockings. Someone asked for a camisole. Someone asked for a miniskirt. Well, here they are! Will be included in the package.

ozbrat ( ) posted Fri, 19 January 2007 at 7:41 PM

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jartz ( ) posted Fri, 19 January 2007 at 11:35 PM

Looking great from here.

I can't wait to see more, man...  Can't wait!

Excellent work,

JB

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

GhostWolf ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 2:53 AM

Looks sexy, take your time and make it perfect. :thumbupboth:
If that is the "standard" office uniform I would probably hire more female employees, :lol:

pruiz ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 8:30 AM

Excellent - I too can't wait.

But is it too presumptious to ask re the garter belt to hold those stickings up?

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 8:44 AM

Its not.

Right now I'm working on a bra. The material zones will allow for three styles: sexy but still decent, sexy and indecent, and completely cupless. Looks like the modeling work is finished, I'm testing in Poser at the moment...

Patience please...

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 9:52 AM

file_366221.jpg

Here are some screenshots of the bra. Right now, it's dynamic, I'm considering turning it into a conformer.

Still somewhat decent here....

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2007 at 9:53 AM

file_366222.jpg

Now for an indecent one

file_366223.jpg

Or totally outrageous

file_366224.jpg

Works rather well with the blouse too

Nvlonewulf ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2007 at 1:34 AM

Wow, this is awesome!

The only thing I don't procrastinate is procrastinating. That I do right away.

svdl ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 1:41 AM · edited Thu, 25 January 2007 at 1:42 AM

file_366787.jpg

Had to redo the stockings, they showed some pokethru on tight fitting shoes. Someone asked for a garter to go with the stockings, well, here it is.

Right now, the garter and stockings are fully dynamic. As you can see, this means that the garter straps are too loose. I'll turn them into a dynamic/conforming hybrid, the garter belt and stockings themselves will be conformers, the straps will be dynamic, and the required stretching will be accomplished using a simple morph.

svdl ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 1:43 AM · edited Thu, 25 January 2007 at 1:44 AM

file_366788.jpg

Here's a view from the back. Hard to see maybe, but the stockings have a "seams" material zone. The UV mapping is seamless, so any lace or fishnet texture/transmap will look very natural.

svdl ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 1:46 AM

file_366789.jpg

The clips have been modeled with some attention to detail. I may provide the stockings with a somewhat thicker top seam and give the clip something to hold on to.

svdl ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 1:59 AM

Now the question is: do you prefer separate left and right stockings, or should they come as a set? 
Same for the garter: do you prefer separate garter belt and stockings, or should they come as a complete set?

pruiz ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 6:56 AM

Quite excellent work SVDL.

I personally prefer keeping the stockings separate as 'tweeking' on the 'x' axis becomes a spacing pain when they are joined. Also the belt and stockings separate.

Amazing attention to detail  - looks like the whole ensemble will be fabulous.

Nebula ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 7:37 AM

I agree, I prefer all separate items as well.  It's nice to just use the stockings alone without the garter. 

This is coming along very well!  I look forward to this becoming available!!!  Thanks for all your efforts svdl!

Nebula

kobaltkween ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 10:14 AM

wow, this is incredible.  i too prefer separate.  they're dynamic, right?  would i  be wrong in assuming that in addition to scaling and such separately, they would be able to easily take different cloth room settings?   say if one wanted one partially on to have different settings than the one on her leg?

3DVim ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 10:29 AM

Fabulous!

:thumbupboth:

bu_es ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 10:51 AM

yes, Fabulous job 👍

jartz ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 1:22 PM

I agree -- keep 'em separate.

Excellent job.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

svdl ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 6:58 PM

file_366875.jpg

Got it! Found a solution for the stretch problem I mentioned a few posts earlier.

Here's how it works: the upper part of the garter is conforming, as are the clips and the very lower ends of the straps. The straps themselves are dynamic.
At frame 1, I set a "Stretch" morph that pulls the tops of the straps down, so that they're "shortened". This "Stretch" morph exists in both the conforming part and the dynamic part.

For the conforming part, the Stretch morph gradually eases back to zero in frame 20, where Vicki 4 assumes her final pose. For the dynamic part, the Stretch morph is set back to zero on an arbitrary frame between 2 and the end of the simulation animation (I chose frame 20 in this case).
When I ran the simulation, stuff happened exactly the way I hoped. The conforming part that was "easing back" to its default size pulled on the straps, stretching them as they would be stretched in real life.

So now we can have realistic stretchy straps, in a way that is totally impossible with both pure dynamic cloth (deformation of the constrained groups would result) and pure conforming cloth (even if provided with dozens of morphs, it's as good as impossible to have the straps stretch naturally in every imaginable pose). Hybrids rule!

The render itself shows that I still have quite some things to do. There's some pokethru (haven't created morphs in the conforming parts yet), and the front left clip points at an unnatural direction (which I can solve with point-at behaviors). 

But IT CAN BE DONE!

Nebula ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2007 at 8:53 PM

Wow!  What a great idea!  That should soon take care of all the unrealistic looking bends in conforming clothing!  Keep posting your progress!  It's cool to see how it has come along from the beginning!

Thank you so much!!

Nebula

Casette ( ) posted Fri, 26 January 2007 at 2:55 AM

Fantastic! :D

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

pruiz ( ) posted Fri, 26 January 2007 at 10:12 AM

SVDL - tremendous progress. 

The garter belt strap issue has always been there. Either one makes it conforming in which case it sticks to the skin like glue and is un-natural or the whole cloth is set at dynamic and it flies out of control. 

Another theoretical issue to solve would be the ability to have the elasticity (elastic constraint) of the stocking material constrain the underlying figure mesh ( i.e. leg muscle/lesh is pulled in to the constaint of the stocking top). I saw a tut by Olivier on RDNA that set about having the hand and fingers constrain and indent the flesh of a breast being held by the hand. Any ideas in this respect? I don't think this was done dynamically tho'.

Is there a tut on how to set up hybrids. Or how to 'make' them. I am learning 'Modo' right now with the intent of making dynamic clothes and it seems that the hybrid method is the way to go.

Thanks in anticipation for this marvellous freebie. 

BTW where are your freebie offerings these days. I looked here at Renederosity and at 3DCommune and cannot find them.

bopperthijs ( ) posted Fri, 26 January 2007 at 5:42 PM

I think the whole outfit looks great, and your solution with the hybrid straps is fabulous I l always found the way straps looked on other garters quite annoying, it just didn't look right !, I've tried to make a dynamic garter and stocking set myself, but It never worked the way I wanted, seeing this I think I can finished it. But... are the clips and the straps not a little too small?

.... Oh, no!  rans to the mailbox with the fire-extinquisher....

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

jwiest ( ) posted Fri, 26 January 2007 at 6:32 PM

All I have to say is WOW!

Well, ok, I've got more to say. :D

This looks awesome.  I can't wait to see the finished product and give it a run.  I keep meaning to try more dynamics, but never quite get around to it.

John

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 27 January 2007 at 3:56 AM

pruiz: I think I know what tutorial you're thinking of. It's by Raj d'Arge, and I've got a copy in PDF format. And yes, it uses dynamic cloth to get the flesh-pressed-by-fingers look.
I also remember something using magnets.

Casette ( ) posted Sat, 27 January 2007 at 4:39 AM

I have a copy too. But I never got success with it  :(

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

pruiz ( ) posted Sat, 27 January 2007 at 6:09 AM · edited Sat, 27 January 2007 at 6:09 AM

svdl,

Could you send the URL or email a copy of the pdf. please. I thought it was by Olivier but . . . I also received an email request from hydra0104 asking where it might be found. I will let him know or forward a copy.

Thanks.

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 27 January 2007 at 8:07 AM

I'll have to ask Raj d'Arge. It's his work, not mine, so it wouldn't be kosher to redistribute without his permission.

Nebula ( ) posted Sat, 27 January 2007 at 8:10 AM

I found it in tutorials on Renderosity.  It's called Poser Soft Bodies by RajDArge.

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 1:33 PM

Found it there too, so I won't redistribute.

I've been working on the garter. The ease of use was not good enough IMO, and it could use some extra detail in several places.

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 1:35 PM

file_367168.jpg

The new garter. Conforming/dynamic hybrid. Since most of the garter belt is dynamic, there's no need for oodles of morphs to fit V4.

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 1:36 PM

file_367169.jpg

A view from the back. I added a clip at the backside, made it look more natural to me. The clips are the only "conforming" parts.

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 1:38 PM

file_367170.jpg

Since the clips that attach to the stockings are separate bodyparts, there's no need for all kinds of morphs to fit any possible thigh shape. Just set the "Stretch" morph to 1.000 on the end frame of your simulation, then use the translation and rotation dials on the clips to position them exactly as you want. The dynamics calculations will take care of the rest.

Saluki ( ) posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 3:55 PM

What I've seen so far looks incredible! Keep up the good (no, make that excellent) work.

ruby_dragon ( ) posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 7:22 PM

Phenominal! *Supper went cold, as I reviewed this post!!!! I can't wait ... and feel so guilty at the same time :-( Is there anything we can do to help ^__^ This is so exciting!!!

(food? what is food??!!)

*hugs*
-Jen Dyck

pruiz ( ) posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 9:21 PM

svdl - you are on the edge of the envelope with natural 'looking' clothes - the master!

I'm glad we (nebulka in fact) came up with the Sarge d'Arge piece - I'll be working on doing something around this with stocking tops and 'bulge' when I get a moment off getting into basic 'Modo".

jonthecelt ( ) posted Thu, 01 February 2007 at 12:41 PM

bookmark

svdl ( ) posted Tue, 06 February 2007 at 9:48 PM

The bra has been converted to a conformer, and I've put in just about every V4 morph that comes with the morph package. Notable exception: I didn't include the "droop" morph, after all, isn't that what bras are supposed to correct?

Now the question is - should I include ERC, or should I include a Python script that copies over the morph settings from the conforming target (the V4 figure the bra is conformed to). Maybe both?

The next job will be converting the stockings to conformers, and creating matching morphs.
The package will include both dynamic stockings (for draping over chairs) and conforming ones.

I'm ambitious, I'm trying to make a package that can rival most things on the MP....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.