Sun, Oct 6, 3:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Any German speakers out there?

lemur01 ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2007 at 8:54 AM · edited Sat, 14 September 2024 at 7:27 PM

Could someone please translate into German the phrase "When did you last see your Father?" 

I would use babblefish but it would probably translate into something like... "How long are your Father's eyeballs?"

EddyLoonstijn ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2007 at 8:57 AM

Wenn hast du fur die letzte Mahl deine Fater gesehen? (fur is written with umlaut)

Puntomaus ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2007 at 9:09 AM

Hi, I'm german :-)

Wann hast Du das letzte Mal Deinen Vater gesehen?

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

Dizzi ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2007 at 11:41 AM

If you want to address the person formally, use "Wann haben Sie Ihren Vater das letzte Mal gesehen?", otherwise Puntomaus' translation.

bantha ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2007 at 11:43 AM

Hi, i am german too.... Take Puntomauses version. I would guess Eddy is from the netherlands. It is understandable, but not correct.

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

stewer ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2007 at 11:55 AM

As a rule of thumb to decide between the formal and the familiar 'you': if you would address the person by first name ("John, when did you ...") use "du", if you would address the person by last name ("Mr Doe, when did you ...") use the formal "Sie".

lemur01 ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2007 at 12:19 PM

Thanks guys. So would that make it "Wann hast sie das letzte Mal Deinen Vater gesehen?"... or have i totaly screwed the grammer?

Dizzi ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2007 at 12:25 PM · edited Mon, 12 February 2007 at 12:26 PM

To "John": "Wann hast Du das letzte Mal Deinen Vater gesehen?" To "Mr. Doe": "Wann haben Sie das letzte Mal Ihren Vater gesehen?" To "Mr. John Doe": "Screw it, you can't remember anyway!" ;-)

lemur01 ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2007 at 12:34 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1383154

Thanks everyone, but after listening to family (can't avoid them) i've gone with the english anyway. If you want to see the pic its at the link. Be advised though, it is WW2 oriented.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.