Wed, Sep 4, 7:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Totally OT, but a charity appeal to any S.E Brits

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 01 May 2007 at 4:51 PM · edited Tue, 23 July 2024 at 3:33 AM

Attached Link: http://www.medway.nhs.uk/Adult_Medicine/Macmillan_Cancer_Care_Unit/macmillan_cancer_care_unit.html

Hi, most of you know me, and some know that I live in S.E. England, as does my junior brother and his wife.

My sister-in-law has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. She is getting chemo treatment, but has to make a long journey by public transport each time, as my brother is a biker, does not run a car. There are a lot of people who have to also make this journey, she is not alone.

The Macmillan trust in partnership with the Maritime hospital in Chatham are currently raising funds to build and support a cancer unit which will be built to save these poor people this horrible journey.

Although there is no happy prognosis for my brother's wife they both are involved in raisning funds for this unit and if there are any here who live in the area, I would just like to make you aware of this charity, and to support them if you can.

Thanks

Pam

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

tom271 ( ) posted Tue, 01 May 2007 at 9:15 PM

I wish you and your sister in law best of luck and may you accomplish your mission in building a support unit.... 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 03 May 2007 at 5:01 AM
Forum Moderator

I had no idea you lived in Kent. I wish the very best for your  Sister-in-law and every success in their campaigne.

Did the recent earthquake cause you any problems?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

chohole ( ) posted Thu, 03 May 2007 at 6:12 AM

Chris I don't live in Kent, although I used to, but my brother and his wife still do. They are far enough away (Chatham) that they had no repurcussions from that earthquake, fortunately.

I moved westwards, and have lived in Surrey (London borders) since 1988. Still doesn't stop me supporting the hospital that should be treating Shirley (if they had the facilities) and did look after my Mum during her last illness.

Thanks for you good wishes.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Death_at_Midnight ( ) posted Thu, 03 May 2007 at 12:32 PM

Earthquake? In the UK? What happened?  My web server also monitors global earthquake activities.. but i haven't checked it recently. Could someone fill me in?

chohole ( ) posted Thu, 03 May 2007 at 1:22 PM

We experienced an earthquake, off the Kent coast in the channel at around 08:15 BST on Saturday just gone. Measured 4.5 on the richter scale, caused damage to 100s of homes in the coastal area most affected. Fortunately no loss of life, and only one serious injury.

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2007 at 4:48 AM

So sorry to hear of your sister-in-law's illness, I wish you all the best in the fund raising.

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.