Sun, Oct 6, 6:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Question, which unimesh figure was used for this?

stormchaser ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 10:19 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 2:50 PM

file_382369.jpg

**Just curious as to what you folks think. Any ideas on which unimesh figure was used as the base to create her?**

-BrandyE- ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 10:33 AM · edited Mon, 09 July 2007 at 10:34 AM

my guess would be sp3, or a custom morphed aiko

Brandy

Khai ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 10:36 AM

Alan Alda

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 10:46 AM

Quote - Alan Alda

Too funny, Khai!  :lol:

Actually, it's not Aiko so my guess would definitely be SP3.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 10:46 AM

Ther is a slight resemblance to Antonia, a P5 Judy character created by Ken1.
DPH

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Klutz ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 11:17 AM

Yes, I would have guessed at Stephanie Petite.

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 11:31 AM

My guess is Stephanie or Stephanie Petite.

It doesn't look like V3.  And I don't know enough about V4 to really judge her.

I do know it's not Jessie.  Jessie looks like an outerspace alien, this girl doesn't.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

stormchaser ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 11:44 AM

OK, the base is actually Aiko 3, but she's a hybrid of A3 & V3!
I've been doing some tinkering in Poser & I decided to create my first hybrid. I injected all the head & body morphs from V3 into A3 & started to play using both A3 & V3 morphs together. I was amazed with how well some of V3's morphs worked within Aiko, what also suprised me was how much my morph ended up looking like Stephanie Petite which was why I posted this, LOL.
Anyway, I've still to do some work with the face & I'm currently creating the body, so far so good anyway as far as experiments go.

Klutz ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 11:58 AM

Very promising work.....

I like the way it is going. 

I would like to see your body morph WIPs if you are prepared to show them. 
Whilst A3 has a pleasing default body shape, I understand the mesh is not so dense?

Klutz :0)

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

stormchaser ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 12:12 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_382374.jpg

**OK, this was the first work I did with the body. This will not be the final body but it was just a test to see how well the morphs injected. The first thing I wanted to try was working with V3's leg muscle morphs, I always use these with V3 because I think it gives shape to the legs, especially in the thighs. I thought this was lacking in Aiko. I also worked with the upper body slightly but this really needs more work.**

stormchaser ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 12:14 PM

"Whilst A3 has a pleasing default body shape"
Klutz - I agree that A3 has a really good default body shape, probably the best of the three unimesh girls. I just thought I'd see if I could add some extra detail.

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 12:27 PM

Very impressive.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 12:55 PM

Awesome Work!
I too thought it was SP in the quarter profile.  Facing her I cas see some more A3 in her face.
Beautifully done.

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

Klutz ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 1:18 PM

Looking very promising.....

If anything I would have said the thigh muscles were a little too rounded for realism, especially in the lower thigh area.

Is there much scope for calf muscle variation?

Life is a beta.

stormchaser ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 1:34 PM · edited Mon, 09 July 2007 at 1:35 PM

**Thanks for the  replies everyone, something which was just a little mess around might actually turn into a little project!

Klutz - It's interesting you mentioned the lower thigh, the vastus lat was the only leg muscle group which seemed to morph proportionately more in comparison to the other leg muscles. The leg muscles were only shown here as an example, I won't be keeping them like that, although I still want shape. I have also worked the gastroc area on her calves, I need to play around more to determine how much variation I can get.

I will try to post more work when I get round to doing some more.**

Klutz ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 1:39 PM · edited Mon, 09 July 2007 at 1:41 PM

I am fascinated with what you are doing here, Stormchaser....

Could the disproportionate thigh morph be down to the density of the base mesh? :0s

Looking forward to the next installment. ;0)

Life is a beta.

stormchaser ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 1:48 PM

"Could the disproportionate thigh morph be down to the density of the base mesh?"
Klutz - I believe this could be the reason. When I'm working with V3 I tend to use 0.5 on the Vastus Lat. I had to only go with 0.3 on Aiko otherwise she just didn't look right, the morph was just too extreme. Another thing I noticed as well was when changing her hip size. If I reduced her hips after morphing her leg muscles, they went out of sync compared to Vicky. Mind you I suppose we have to expect a number of differences based on the differences in mesh.

Klutz ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 1:53 PM

Exactly....

Different base shape & different mesh density........

Bound to be anomalies.... :0)

Life is a beta.

Joe@HFG ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 2:25 PM

Uhmm... Klutz? Aiko3, Hiro, V3, M3, Freak, She Freak, Luke and Laura, David, Steph P, and I think one of the DAZ babies, as well as all the AEON figures at PoserPros, all have the exact same "mesh density". That's what make them Unimesh. Same number of points. Same number of polygons, same UV maps. They have different OBJ groupings which makes some morphs incompatible with some figures. Also because a morph is only a calculation of how much a point moves, and not where it ends up, a morph moved between figures would end up looking very different on one base figure compared to another. They could be considered to have different base meshs, different Body Mass Indexes(Virtually)... but their "mesh density" must be identical. Sorry to be all technical... but I'm a big geek and that one was driving me nuts. :biggrin:

mo·nop·o·ly  [muh-nop-uh-lee]
noun, plural mo·nop·o·lies.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market,
or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices

Klutz ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 2:33 PM

OK I ain't that technical..... :0)

Life is a beta.

stormchaser ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 2:35 PM · edited Mon, 09 July 2007 at 2:35 PM

Joe@HFG - Glad you could clarify that. I assumed they had to be exact in many ways, because they are Unimesh as you say. I just presumed there would be slight variations in the mesh which would make some morphs not carry across correctly.

Klutz ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 2:53 PM

Joe,

OK I am trying to grasp this, so let me roll a little......Feel free to slap me round the head when I get it wrong!
I'll learn eventually! ;0)

When you mention mesh density, you are referring to the overall figure?

Surely there are mesh density variations throughout the body parts of the figure, though? :0/

Life is a beta.

linkdink ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 3:37 PM

Storm - your hybrid looks great, looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Gallery

FrankT ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 3:39 PM

She looks great as she is - I'm sure I could find a use for her

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

KarenJ ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 4:02 PM

She looks really nice, Storm. And yes, I'd have guessed Steph, too.

I like the more natural breast shape, don't make them too perky ;o)

Klutz - (long time no speak!) the mesh of A3, V3, M3 etc contains the exact same number of polygons. This is what enables them to share textures and to some degree, morphs. (It's also the reason the male figure have to have an add-on penis - because there is no female equivalent (although we could argue about how for anatomical correctness there should be, and if there was, the modellers could just have inverted it for a penis. But I digress.))

So - although the shapes of the models are different, the meshes themselves are the same - just the points of the vertices (that's the points where the polygons meet) have been moved around to create the different looks to the model.

So while the mesh on Aiko's head may look quite different to Michael's, there are still going to be the same number of polygons in both heads.

This is of course the great thing about the Unimesh concept, but also carries with it frustrations.

I'm speculating on whether Daz will continue the Unimesh concept when they release M4. I'm guessing they will since it's a huge selling point in terms of add-on content. (And if they do, what will they call it?)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

vincebagna ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 4:11 PM

Very impressive! I'd have guessed Stephanie petite too! But much more pretty!

My Store

stormchaser ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 4:12 PM

**karen1573 - I don't believe your avatar, your response was kind & informative. You were not irrational or aggressive in the slightest!
Whoops, I'm off........ **

Klutz ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 4:19 PM

Quote -
Klutz - (long time no speak!) the mesh of A3, V3, M3 etc contains the exact same number of polygons. This is what enables them to share textures and to some degree, morphs. (It's also the reason the male figure have to have an add-on penis - because there is no female equivalent (although we could argue about how for anatomical correctness there should be, and if there was, the modellers could just have inverted it for a penis. But I digress.))

So - although the shapes of the models are different, the meshes themselves are the same - just the points of the vertices (that's the points where the polygons meet) have been moved around to create the different looks to the model.

So while the mesh on Aiko's head may look quite different to Michael's, there are still going to be the same number of polygons in both heads.

This is of course the great thing about the Unimesh concept, but also carries with it frustrations.

I'm speculating on whether Daz will continue the Unimesh concept when they release M4. I'm guessing they will since it's a huge selling point in terms of add-on content. (And if they do, what will they call it?)

Hi Karen,

Yes, I am still bimbling about.....I hope everything is going OK with you?....

Right, I think I have it, but regionally in body parts there are variations in density, surely?...If only generated by the shape of the morph? :0/

Life is a beta.

stormchaser ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 4:22 PM

Klutz - I too thought there were slight variations in certain areas. Well, this has been a lesson if nothing else.

Klutz ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 4:26 PM

Aye, it is important to have an open mind to keep learning. :0)

Life is a beta.

Joe@HFG ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 10:31 PM

file_382447.jpg

Sorry if I came off harsh Klutz. It's really a question of semantics. Desnity ussually refers to the number of points and polygons in a given topography. My shameless plug for my stalled, but upcoming Ultra Low Res figure named Reslo is an example. The 3 figures occupy nearly the exact same space (They are all using the same pose), but have compleatly different mesh densities. Now if you were to load up V3, Freak, or any other Unimesh instead of M3 into a program that will let you count the polygons, you would see that even though their shapes are very different, the meshes would still have exactly 74510 polygons no matter which one you looked at. The only differece between them besides the the positioning of the verti, is the Object Grouping. This means there are a different number of polygons for parts like head, neck, and especially the collars... but to call that a change in mesh desnity is really kind of misleading. Nothing is increasing or decreasing, on the MESH. You wouldn't say a cakes density increased or decreased becasue you cut it up into squares instead of wedges. (I HATE that too if it's a round cake.) It may seem petty, but given that the names of these thing change from program to program, and there is in fact simular figures with different mesh densities, keeping a common vocabulary is really helpful. To me its kind of like some one yelling "Touchdown" when a baseball player hits a "Home Run".

mo·nop·o·ly  [muh-nop-uh-lee]
noun, plural mo·nop·o·lies.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market,
or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices

nakamuram ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 11:22 PM

Attached Link: http://www.philc.net/freestuff.htm

Everyone!!  Kamilche has a Python Script called Shapeshifter that swaps heads between Unimesh 3 Characters.  It's been available at PhilC's website since 2005. 

Klutz ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2007 at 1:39 AM

Well, I was referring to the thigh area specifically. ;0)

Then again I wasn't specific on the post. :0)

LOL

Nice to have clarification on things though, all the same.

Life is a beta.

stormchaser ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2007 at 5:53 AM

**Joe@HFG - Thanks. I guess I should read up more on this model stuff!

nakamuram - Thanks for showing the link, I was going to put it in this thread this morning. 
I use the script to transfer the morphs. I have tried V3's head on A3's body but I wanted to experiment with this differently. I wanted to see how far I could go with just the morphs, I wanted to still use Aiko's full head & body.**

drifterlee ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2007 at 9:47 AM

The original Aiko is based on the original Stephanie. That's why you see those similarities.

sandmarine ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 12:04 AM · edited Fri, 27 July 2007 at 12:07 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_383996.jpg

this is my A3 morphed halfway to V3... loved it, but never managed to rig the correct bones to it, so right now it's just a useless .OBJ

:/

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 12:40 AM

Karen:

Quote - I'm speculating on whether Daz will continue the Unimesh concept when they release M4. I'm guessing they will since it's a huge selling point in terms of add-on content. (And if they do, what will they call it?)

Given the polygon count in "that area" I don't see how they could do that.

My Freebies

Safetyman ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 3:54 PM

A bit OT: Stormchaser, what texture is that on the full body image? Great work BTW.

stormchaser ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 7:48 PM

Safetyman - The skin texture is from DM's Time Prisoners 3, one of my favourite textures!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 8:10 PM

Yer can't fool me, that's the limited edition George Formby model.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

stormchaser ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 9:03 PM

Only when he's cleaning windows!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.