Wed, Sep 4, 8:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 1:28 am)

Subject: Help please with P6 render as against P4

chohole ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2007 at 2:36 PM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 5:02 AM

file_383322.jpg

Can any one tell me what I am doing wrong please.

The P6 render on the left of enclosed image was rendred in P6, (using p4 renderer) while the other was rendered in pure P4.

Why am I getting the inside of the dress showing up as black rahter than the fabric colour?

I have used exactly the same settings and lights, in fact I just opened the P4 file in P6.......but I get this problem all the time.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2007 at 2:42 PM

Wish I could help you hon but it's a lovely dress texture in any case!! 😄

Nice to see you here as well!!

Richard ;-)~

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

nruddock ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2007 at 2:48 PM

Ticking the "Normals_Forward" box for each relevant material zone will probably make the P6 renderer give the same result as the P4 one.

Having said that, the P6 render as currently shown, is probably correct unless you've got a light positioned to illuminate the dress from underneath.

chohole ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2007 at 3:06 PM

Ok thanks...I guess them normals thingies are under the advanced tab?. I am using P6 on someone elses PC, just trying it out to see if I can work with it, and haven't got as far as the advanced mat lab.

Hi Richard, while you are over here, go check my gallery out, see what I can do when I am not using all my time making textures  :lol:  Rend has always been my spiritual home, and as you will see Bryce is my normal prog of choice.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

SYNTRIFID ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2007 at 4:22 PM · edited Thu, 19 July 2007 at 4:23 PM

file_383336.jpg

> Quote - Ok thanks...I guess them normals thingies are under the advanced tab?. I am using P6 on someone elses PC, just trying it out to see if I can work with it, and haven't got as far as the advanced mat lab.

Normals Forward is found in the Material Room in the main Poser Surface box.. (yes the advanced tab)

Hey! His nose is dry! ... Someone should lick it,  just in case. - Diego

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2007 at 10:24 PM

I don't think the Poser 6 P4 render engine and the Poser 4 render engine are the same, actually - tought I read somewhere that they are not the same.

Eternal Hobbyist

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 2:37 AM

Quote - I don't think the Poser 6 P4 render engine and the Poser 4 render engine are the same, actually - tought I read somewhere that they are not the same.

I think the difference is that some aspects of the shader trees get taken into account, unless you turn on "Ignore Shader Trees" (I think that's what the setting is called).

chohole ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2007 at 9:48 AM

file_383520.png

Ok I think I got it, by jove she;s got it.

Normals forward and now I can see the back of the dress.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.