Fri, Sep 20, 10:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:16 am)

Subject: Conforming Hair and Clothing

colorfulsilk ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2007 at 8:07 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:32 AM

Hello all,

I just want to know how do you use conforming hair and clothes in DAZ Studio?

Thanks

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2007 at 8:16 AM

Select the clothes or hair after loading (the root of the item, with its name, if you are selecting in the Scene palette or double-click in the viewport) and then use the Fit button in the Parameters palette, or right-click(Win)/control-click(Mac) on part of the item in the viewport and select Fit to... from the context menu. Pick the figure that should be conformed to from the list, click Accept if you used the right-click method.

colorfulsilk ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2007 at 1:55 PM

Thanks alot RHaseltine.

missykia ( ) posted Sun, 30 March 2008 at 7:34 PM

What if  the fit to button still doesn't do it? Like mine, It usually works, but lately on A3
I can't get any clothes to fit her right at all.
That is why I'm here I am looking for clothes. :)

Grateful member of

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2008 at 10:04 AM

Did you have morphs applied to the figure? Fitting doesn't chnage the shape of the outfit directly, though if there are morphs on the clothes that match those on the figure (in name) they will take the corresponding values.

missykia ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2008 at 10:30 AM · edited Mon, 31 March 2008 at 10:38 AM

Thank you for your fast reply. I use Aiko 3 her morphs and Krissy Character and morphs.
When I don't use the morphs her clothes will fit.
xo

Are you saying if i use lets say just aiko and her morphs, that i can't use the clothe i use on her without her morphs? And when I use aiko and her morphs and a character and her morphs i need spesial clothes ?
One more question :) do i need to use the character and morphs with aiko and her morphs on her , or am i supposed to use only one morph at a time. Still a little confused in this area.
Thanks
xo

Grateful member of

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2008 at 2:50 PM

If the clothing has been made with the morphs, and if the maker gave the morphs the same name as the matching morphs on the figure (Aiko 3 in your case) then the clothes will pick up the morphs, at whatever value, and should fit fairly well. If the morphs are there but have the wrong names then you'll have to adjust them by hand on the clothes. If there are some morphs, but not the ones used in the character, then you may be able to get a fit by adjusting the morphs which are present (you'll need to select the body parts of the clothing instead of the root in some cases, as D|S disconnects the morphs on the root of the clothing when their names match the morphs on the figure wearing the clothes). If you can't get the available morphs to do the job then you can use DForms to pull the clothing into shape, or you can use an external tool such as Morph Magic to create new morphs.

missykia ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2008 at 10:30 PM

Attached Link: Some of my Daz Studio renders

Oh okay, I knew that DForms was for somthing.  Fixing the clothes by hand I can't seem to do, and then pose the figure and the clothes are stuck in the air, lol. The "Root" I see what you mean about this now. I have seen this a few times and wondered why some had them and others did not.. Thank you so much,theses are the answers to some things I have been looking for, not without trying to find them while reading first, lol Some times you just have to ask. :) I'm taking this info and tucking it away in my folder. Hugs Cathy

Grateful member of

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.