Wed, Jul 3, 1:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 02 3:11 pm)

Subject: What's Happened to my background?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2007 at 3:01 PM · edited Sun, 09 June 2024 at 10:02 PM
Site Admin

The image on the left is a render of the one on the right. I want to have the clouds as the background bu when I render it, I get either the texure image for the chair or I get a pink background with a peel texture. I'm working in Poser 7and using fire fly as my render engine. I've tried both "render over current BG shader" and "render over Backgorund picture" My setting is automatic one mark less that final render. Is this a bug in poser 7? Is my image corrupt? Did I mess up on some settings?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2007 at 3:06 PM
Site Admin

here is my background material settings

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2007 at 9:15 PM

There is also a drop down menu from the main menu bar in which you need to select: Use Background Shader Node.

Eternal Hobbyist

KarenJ ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2007 at 6:07 AM

To have that chair texture in front of the figures in the scene is very odd. I think something else is happening here. Have you used the atmosphere node at all? Applied any textures to lights? Used a plane to simulate a smoky atmosphere?

Also, what is the yellow strip in front of the seated figure?

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2007 at 6:35 AM
Site Admin

Selecting "Use Background Shader Node" didn't help.

I checked the atmosphere and the lights and none have a texture. The only plane is the yellow strip. It's a blanket for the baby that isn't clothified yet. The texture isn't realy in front of the figures. The dragon it slightly transparent.  Sorry I guess I should have mentioned that.

KarenJ ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2007 at 10:58 AM

Oh I see, that makes sense.

This is really strange. What's the name of the chair texture? It's not the same name as the background, is it? That's the only thing I can think that would make it do this.

Have you tried hitting "reload textures" on the Render menu?

"you are terrifying

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 6:50 AM
Site Admin

I double checked the texture names and they aren't even close to being similar. I tried reloading the textures and that didn't help. I also tried changing the background texture to something totally new and it was still messed up.

KarenJ ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 7:05 AM

OK. At this point I think I'd try the following.

1. Remove all nodes from the background.
  2. Resave the scene under a different name.
  3. Save, individually, all the figures in the scene to your figures library.
  4. Close down Poser.
  5. Run something like CC Cleaner or just the standard Windows Disk Cleanup to remove all temp and cache files.
  6. Reboot your machine.
  7. Reload Poser. Try opening your saved scene and render. Is the background still doing funky things?
  8. If it's still messed up, start a completely new scene and import the figures you saved to the figures library - this should make recreating the scene relatively painless. Render after adding each character to check whether anything strange is happening.
  9. If it all loads okay, then you should be able to attach your background image to the background node and render.
  10. If it's still doing weird things, then a tech support ticket with eFrontier would probably be your next move.

"you are terrifying

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2007 at 10:19 PM
Site Admin

Tried those. Still not working right. Thanks for the help. I guess I'm off to the e-frontire site to see if I can stump them now too.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Sat, 10 November 2007 at 3:13 AM

Backgrounds in Poser are awkward. It's more reliable to set up a background prop--usually the square primitive--and apply the texture to that. Or combine foreground and background in postwork. Also, check your settings for the ground material. You look to have the shadowcatch box checked. [Use the render over black option and save as a PNG: this will give you an alpha-channel mask for your foreground object.]

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 10 November 2007 at 7:21 AM
Site Admin

AntoniaTiger that's what I did. I used skydome to finish the image. And I tookcare of the shadows too. The image had only been half done when I posted, but thatnks for the advice

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.