Sun, Sep 15, 11:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 7:30 pm)

Subject: Victoria 4.0 - 4.1 - 4.2 - What is the change history

dburdick ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 10:20 AM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 8:06 AM

I'm trying to understand a bit better what exactly were the changes between Victoria 4.0, 4.1 and now 4.2.  Specifically, I'm most interested to how the base V4 .obj file changed during this progression.  As I understand it:

4.0 - The first release of V4.  Base model plus Morphs ++ package

4.1 - Second release of V4. Introduced eyebrow object in base .obj file.  Also added external morph injection files for external morph packages like muscle morphs.  Morphs ++ package not changed

4.2 - Third release of V4 ???

Can someone please enlighten me.  I never upgraded to 4.1 becuase I didn't have a need to use the DAZ external injection morphs since I use the old internal PBMCC channels for morph injection.  I'm worried now because from what I've read, the 4.2 object file has changed which could potentially cause problems with internal morphs created on older versions of V4.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 10:27 AM

It adds more information into the cr2 for up coming figures like Aiko 4, Male Morphs.  It also restores the old INJ and REM way of adding morphs, which the community has been asking for since her release over a year ago.  Not sure what all else but that's what I know so far. 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 10:39 AM

checks time

Judging by the to-ing and fro-ing at DAZ, the correct name is probably Victoria 4.2.1 rev Z4A by now. :biggrin:

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

MirageBay ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 10:55 AM

Quote - checks time

Judging by the to-ing and fro-ing at DAZ, the correct name is probably Victoria 4.2.1 rev Z4A by now. :biggrin:

LMAO!

MegaJax ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 11:25 AM

Naaa Paul, I think they are just skipping straight to Victoria 5.0 LOL

sandmarine ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 11:29 AM

it's the wait that gets me....

Singular3D ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 1:49 PM

They make V4.2 a big thing at Daz, without telling us, what will be different. I don't have time to risk my runtime, because V4.2 works different. Let's wait until others find out about the flaws of V4.2.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 2:07 PM

Did you read my post above Singular?  That's whats new. If you don't upgrade then you will be missing out on all the new stuff that will be released for her as well as the Male Morphs (if you have such interest... I do)  as well Aiko 4, which NEEDS this update to work properly. 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

vincebagna ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 2:11 PM

M4 must be afraid to see all this mess around his chick wherever he is: "Oh my God!! When it will be my turn, i don't want them to play with my 'male morphs'!!!"

My Store

coldrake ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 2:23 PM

What's new in Victoria 4.2?

• Added Male body and 3 Male head morphs
  • Parameter grouping has changed, for easier top-level navigation
  • ExP Utility changed to support parameter group consolidation
  • Morph deltas are no longer embedded
  • Deltas are now INJectable, in support of 'Character' CR2s
  • Created individual user library INJection poses
  • Implemented delta dependencies for compound morphs
  • Moved V4toV3 user library INJ/REM files to sub folder
  • Updated eyebrow scale ERC, to address zeroing 200% issue
  • Corrected LacrmlSizeLRatioAmp ERC

Coldrake

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 2:34 PM

Thanks Coldrake!! 😄

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Singular3D ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2008 at 4:43 AM

Thanks RAMWollff and coldrake for the detailed information. I wonder in what kind of troubles I run, when using the 3rd party characters with V4.2. They expect some morphs to be embedded and won't inject them with the pose file. Hmmm, wonder how this works out...

So A4 will be a morphed V4.2, or will it be remapped too, like A3 was remapped compared to V3?

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2008 at 11:10 AM · edited Wed, 13 February 2008 at 11:18 AM

It was allot easier than I thought it would be. 

I first went into my runtime Character folder and deleted only the V4 and V4.1 cr2.s and any other cr2.s that were part of those installs like the V4 to V3.cr2 and even the developers cr2 just to be on the safe side.  I then went into the Pose folder and located the General Poses folder and trashed that and then into the folder that contained the Morphs ++, Creature Creator Morphs and Muscle Morphs and trashed them.  The rest you can leave as is (textures and what ever else).  Install the new, updated files in a logical order!!  I'm actually, this time, going to keep them in the order they were intended to be in so if there are other updates hopefully I can install right over the top.  I tend to move things around and organize things to death which for this update was a mistake.  So now I'll organize things to death AROUND all these newly installed folders and make the most of it!! :lol:

In any case I have her installed, organized and ran a test last night using V4 Male and it's really quite nice when combined with the Muscle Morphs and another that I can't talk about right now!! :tt2:

There was a mentioning that if you have created allot of Poser scenes with V4 (not V4.1 or V4.2) then it's safe and you should keep her.  Since I have been doing more beta testing than scene creation over the last year I don't have any scenes, esp scenes created in Poser.  In Studio I have a few but Studio saves that info in the Data folder so it's safe to use again.  So I got rid of all instances of the old V4 and V4.1 to really clean it up. If your just going to be using the new V4.2 from here on out, what's the use holding on to old data like that?

Oh and in case anyone likes the V4 male I do have my Bruno set in the Free area here, There is a Poser and a DAZ Studio version to choose from.  Lots of options too and you don't have to use the Bruno morph, there are separate MOR and MAT files!  😄

Have fun!! 😄

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.