Wed, Oct 2, 7:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Cannot delete/remove Poser7

richardson ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 3:32 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 7:32 AM

I'm having the usual problems getting a new install to work. I cannot seem to find all the "hidden" data logs that store info on your last install. ie, I cannot get rid of P7 completely. I know this because it stores my prefs. I think it's storing bad installation locations too (conflicts). I've tried to install on several drives to no avail. I remove the app. I then delete 2 Poser7 temp files in Documents and Settings/myname/.. Then the datalog(install failed). Finally the e frontier file .(.program files/efrontier). Yet,,, P7 still has info on my next install. Where is the other pesky BUGger? I need a "clean" install.

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 3:39 PM

file_401912.jpg

See img...

My Freebies

rofocale ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 6:36 PM

Richardson,
go to start/ run and type in : regedit
There you will find the files shown above in the pic!
Good luck

richardson ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 8:47 PM

Thanks! I have no report on the reinstall. Not sure what the problem is yet.

svdl ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 10:10 PM

The Poser 7 settings files can be found in "C:Documents and SettingsApplication DataPoser 7"
You'll have to delete that folder and its contents as well before reinstalling Poser 7.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

richardson ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 10:11 PM · edited Thu, 13 March 2008 at 10:13 PM

file_401942.jpg

Got P7 to install on a drive besides C. But,, the SR2.1 will not find it. The "CAPS" are not by me in that file search.

rofocale ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 11:17 AM

Perhaps you should send a note to e frontier regarding this issue.
They might have a solution, who knows?!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.