Tue, Oct 1, 5:11 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Python Scripting

Welcome to the Poser Python Scripting Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Python Scripting F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 2:50 am)

We now have a ProPack Section in the Poser FreeStuff.
Check out the new Poser Python Wish List thread. If you have an idea for a script, jot it down and maybe someone can write it. If you're looking to write a script, check out this thread for useful suggestions.

Also, check out the official Python site for interpreters, sample code, applications, cool links and debuggers. This is THE central site for Python.

You can now attach text files to your posts to pass around scripts. Just attach the script as a txt file like you would a jpg or gif. Since the forum will use a random name for the file in the link, you should give instructions on what the file name should be and where to install it. Its a good idea to usually put that info right in the script file as well.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Can the Poser 7 Pro feature Gamma Correction be emulated in P7 or P6 with Python

ice-boy ( ) posted Fri, 16 May 2008 at 12:03 AM

thanks for this

ice-boy ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2008 at 3:41 AM

gamma correction and AO
made a third light that is in the back. i made the diffuse black so that i only get specular.30%
ground has also little AO.

ice-boy ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2008 at 4:10 AM

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2008 at 6:10 AM

Nice - that doesn't look anything like a Poser render, does it?

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

ice-boy ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2008 at 6:18 AM

its still not very realistic to me. but i didnt use very special lighting. normal lights with normal settings.
plus the background is complete fake. with a better background i think it would look 10 times better.

but your GC is what gets rid of the ''poser'' look

bandolin ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2008 at 5:32 PM

Holy crap. I wish I knew what you guys were doing. I thought I knew shaders relatively well but I see I'm a complete ignoramus.

So far I've seen some pretty remarkable stuff  simulating exterior scenes. How does this apply to interior scenes?

<strong>bandolin</strong><br />
[Former 3DS Max forum coordinator]<br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php">Homepage</a> ||
<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/mod/sitemail/">SiteMail</a> ||
<a href="http://excalibur.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=70375">
Gallery</a> || <a href="http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?username=bandolin">
Freestuff</a>
<p><em>Caution: just a hobbyist</em></p>

ice-boy ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2008 at 2:41 AM · edited Fri, 06 June 2008 at 2:44 AM
flibbits ( ) posted Mon, 20 April 2009 at 3:10 PM

If I apply VSS in PoserPro, should I turn gamma correct to 0?

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 21 April 2009 at 2:09 AM

Quote - If I apply VSS in PoserPro, should I turn gamma correct to 0?

The answer is "no" but not for the reason you think. Let me restate your question a couple of times.

What does GC = 0 do?

It makes the response curve a flat line of pure white.

When should I use GC = 0?

You never, ever want to do that.

What does GC = 1 do?

It makes the response curve unchanged. It is the value to use when you want to disable GC in some rendering process.

When do I want GC = 1?

Overall? Probably never. However, as you move the GC from one stage in the process to another, you should only have one of them actually doing the GC - the other stages should be set to GC = 1 (no change).

So - if using VSS shaders with Poser Pro render GC set to 2.2, you should set the shader GC to 1.

If using VSS shaders with Poser Pro render GC set to 1, you should set the shader GC to 2.2.

If using VSS shaders with older Poser where render GC is not adjustable and is always effectively 1, you should always use the default shader GC = 2.2.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

flibbits ( ) posted Sat, 25 April 2009 at 9:46 AM

Thanks for the answer.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.