Fri, Sep 20, 4:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:16 am)

Subject: Just gone 2.2!

VRG ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2008 at 1:59 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:36 PM

Hi All

Version 2.2 has just hit the shelves. It has all sorts of new features and seems to be stable. Just in time for the weekend!

Enjoy.

Vincent
(VRG)

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2008 at 2:19 AM

Yeah, and already we know that these plug-ins from third parties don't work right:
the Dreamlight stuff
the LightsAndCamera Control script

doh....

Eternal Hobbyist

VRG ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2008 at 2:21 AM

Hi All.

My excitement turned to regret. I downloaded the Mac version from the link, but it turned out to be Version 2.1.1.13. However the core version seems to be correct. Just watch this, perhaps the Win version has the same problem. It is a bit of a steep download in bandwidth terms to mess up on. DOH!!

Have a great day,
VRG

satria ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2008 at 3:06 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

This version work nicely in my machine .  Shadow map render seems faster though final render had little speed improvement  if you use raytrace shadow .

DAZ Studio 2.2 offer you to save file before rendering process , I suspect this trick to reduce wasted RAM , because render result immediately  was write on hard disk . Not saved in memory .

I dont know about 3rd party plugins since i dont have ( use ) it .

Something i noticed  is about display improvement . In 2.1 .... my display adapter seems couldn`t handle Open GL facility , but i dont have similiar problem in 2.2 .

Try lowering desktop resolution and see if this solution solve your open GL problems . I cant guarantee this method always work , but this work in my poor machine and display adapter

Thanks

cedarwolf ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2008 at 12:05 PM

I finally had to remove 2.2 and go back to 2.1 because it kept locking up my machine and when left to its own purposes would take three hours to load a texture (and I know the paths were correct). I experimented with it several times, had to completly crash the computer twice, and I finally gave up.  If it ever works right it looks lovely.

quirkyblonde ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2008 at 6:01 PM

I really haven't had any problems with it, it seems to be working fine on my laptop.  I have Windows Vista, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not.  Sometimes some programs will work better in Vista than in other OS and vice versa.

DaveF ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 10:02 AM

I'm running it in OS 10.4.11 on a G5 Mac Pro (Intel). Everything is working smoothly, loading fast, and rendering great. Haven't played with most of my 3rd-party plug-ins yet to see which ones are now useless. Can't blame the new D|S version for that, though... it's up to the creators of the plug-ins to keep in step with the program, IMHO. 

Regards,

Dave Frohmader (Nagus)

DAZ Studio for Beginners Tutorials

jestmart ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 9:55 PM

Actually you can blame DAZ for the the plug-ins not working,  it seems that Studio is throwing a wobbler on certain script functions.  They think its been fixed, but are still testing.  It unclear whether they will be releasing a just a patch or if it will have to be the whole thing.

DaveF ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 10:07 PM

Quote - Actually you can blame DAZ for the the plug-ins not working,  it seems that Studio is throwing a wobbler on certain script functions.  They think its been fixed, but are still testing.  It unclear whether they will be releasing a just a patch or if it will have to be the whole thing.

Thanks for the info. My guess it will be within the next full release. For what it's worth, I can't complain too much considering how much Daz charges for Studio.

Regards,

Dave Frohmader (Nagus)

MeInOhio ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2008 at 5:49 PM

I was glad to see that Apollo now loads without having to run him and other models through that utility.

However, I noticed that when I click on the render tab (those three tabs near the top of the screen) that instead of switching to that tab, it starts to search my drive for content (which takes a long time).

I like Studio, but right now I hate that new content manager. It takes to long for it to search for content. You can organize it, which is nice. But it seems like way too much work. I forget the process you had to go through, but I know it dumped all the icons into the root directory as well as where you put them. Then when you got too many, Studio started to complain, and you had to move them to another folder and then remove them and then Studio would finally get rid of the duplicates it made. Is it still that way?

jestmart ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2008 at 10:06 PM

When you have the Content tab open click on the little round button with a triangle on it (it should be in the upper right) and switch to "View as list" or "View as tree" to get back to the old way of seeing your stuff.

LBAMagic ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2008 at 10:55 PM

I frequently check up on D|S development from DAZ3D Forum at following link.
http://forum.daz3d.com/index.php

A discussion group on plugins effected by D|S 2.2 is at following link.
http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=87235

Plugins effected by D|S 2.2,  the summary so far is as follows:

Plugins that need updating in D|S 2.2 are:

• Morph Loader (dzmorphloader)
  • ParticleFX
  • FBX Exporter (dzfbxexporter)
  • 3D Mouse (dz3dmouse)

Plugins affected by bugs in D|S 2.2 are:

• Spotlight Pointer
  • Pointlight Sphere

That's about it so far, but please check up on DAZ3D Forum for further news.

I have moved to D|S2.2 and enjoy it's stability and speed of render.
However I miss my plugins and hope DAZ3D correct this soon.

MeInOhio ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2008 at 8:27 PM

Thanks. I have it set to display the old way.

There are three tabs near the top of the screen. One is Pose and one is render. When I click on the render tab, it starts to redraw the screen and then freezes and a little dialog box displays that says it is searching for content and may take a while. I didn't tell it to search for content. I only clicked on the Render tab. I've tried it several times and it happens every time. I don't usually render that way. I just hit control+r, but for some reason I clicked on the Render tab. Just checking every thing out. Anyway, it's either a bug. Or I have a bug for some reason that others don't.

DaveF ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2008 at 9:21 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/support/downloads/-/?product=studio&_m=d

Daz has a beta release (Daz Studio 2.2.2.17) available that is suppose to fix the bugs with the plug-ins. Remember it's still in beta and not a formal release.

Regards,

Dave Frohmader (Nagus)

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2008 at 3:13 PM
Online Now!

The Content palette can have different view settings in different tabs - by the sound of it it's still set to the category view in the Render tab, just tell it not to search and then change the setting to one of the folder views and you won't get the prompt in future

MeInOhio ( ) posted Sun, 22 June 2008 at 6:20 AM

Thanks. That's what the problem was. I just had to wait for it do "something", then the screen finished drawing and I could cancel the dialog. I thought it was already busy doing the scan and that's why the screen didn't finish drawing. Anyway, it's fixed now.

Thanks again.

missykia ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 12:38 PM

file_409503.gif

> Quote - When you have the Content tab open click on the little round button with a triangle on it (it should be in the upper right) and switch to "View as list" or "View as tree" to get back to the old way of seeing your stuff.

How true this is and what fix. I could never see any of my products in the updated D/S until I found this out in the Daz forums.
I see everything now, and Apollo works great, all the outfits fit without pokey's. lol
All and all great update.
Hugs

Grateful member of

Darklorddc ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2008 at 6:26 AM

At first I had a lot of problems with this. I'd get an error every time I attempted to render, it would take forever to load saved files etc. I've got the new beta and things are running better. However, it seems that heavy use of shaders still causes it to crash, and I can't render files from previous versions. The beta is much more stable, however, and I'd advise upgrading to it if you HAVE to go to 2.2. You can access it off a link on their forums.

Dangerman_1973 ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2008 at 3:37 PM

I've copied one of the files I've downloaded from Renderosity, and when I opened DAZ, I can't find my model. This new content manager is somewhat confusing.

DaveF ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2008 at 3:51 PM

Quote - I've copied one of the files I've downloaded from Renderosity, and when I opened DAZ, I can't find my model. This new content manager is somewhat confusing.

I put together a couple of online video tutorials that might help you get your head around the new content management system. The trick was that I read the manual first; and it all, somehow, made sense to me. I currently have a couple thousand products installed into D|S. Hope it helps!

http://cellarstudio.com/content/view/92/369/

Regards,

Dave Frohmader (Nagus)

tsarist ( ) posted Sun, 13 July 2008 at 3:48 PM

Is anyone using Windows98 on Daz 2.2?? Is it working for you?

jestmart ( ) posted Sun, 13 July 2008 at 11:17 PM

I use 98.  The last version that I could get working was 1.4.  But that could have more to do with my crappy integrated graphics.  I feel anyone stiff suffering with older computers like me will have no choice but to upgrade. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.