Wed, Sep 18, 8:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Remapped clothing turns invisible?

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 10:37 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 6:04 AM

I have a prince outfit for Ichiro 1 originally made by Matsura, subsequently remapped and textured by Renapd. It always worked beautifully in Poser 4. I recently took it out of the archives, put everything where it was supposed to be, started up Poser, loaded my base figure, went to get the pants for the outfit, loaded them in, and --

... nothing. Poser "saw" them, because they registered in the hierarchy, but they were invisible and didnt render.

Thinking maybe something had gone wrong, I opened the cr2 in Word to check things, and it all seemed fine. I double checked the placement of the geometry, and it was okay as well.

Bottom line: everything is where it should be, except I cant see it. Any ideas, guys?

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

BeyondVR ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 10:46 PM

Usually this happens when the body part names do not match between the OBJ and CR2.  Don't know how they could have changed, but maybe P4 is more forgiving.  I would check them out in a text editor.  Beyond that I'm stumped.

John

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 1:56 AM

Possibly the normals got reversed in the remapping process.
DPH

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 5:45 AM

Nope, normals are fine. The textures are all at full strength in the materials room. There's nothing that should be making these invisible, save for the fact that the new geometry was (probably) made in UVMapper? I've had similar problems with other remapped items; could that be the issue?

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

chriscox ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 9:58 AM

I would do what John suggested and double check the names of the groups in the CR2 file and in the geometry and make sure that nothing got misnamed, such as lCollar becoming lCollar:1 .  Also keep in mind that group naming is case sensitive.  Also double check that you can just import the OBJ into Poser.

Chris Cox

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.