Mon, Sep 23, 6:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 4:44 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Mission Accomplished : Sundays Dog Transports.

Khai ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2008 at 8:56 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 4:20 AM

don't know if anyone here knows what the Wifey and I do a lot of weekends... we help get homeless dogs to new foster homes and permament homes.

this weekend, we helped to move 3 dogs... (tho in any given weekend, the Rescue Groups are moving anywhere from 5 to 50 dogs)

Precious - a Yorkshire Terrier. She spent the last 11 years in a rabbit hutch being bred at a puppy mill. she was dumped at a kill shelter, (in Kentucky. we've been told it's basically pennyless and can't even afford a phone.)  because she was only producing 1 puppy per litter. She's now with one of the Rescue Groups (probably for the rest of her life... she won't be adopted) being cared for and given a life.

Zoey - a 4 month old Westy Terrier. Dumped at the same Kill Shelter as Precious because she Fits. The Shelter was unwilling/able to do the bloodwork to find out why she was fitting.. the Rescue that has taken her in has done the bloodwork and it's puppy epilepsy, easily controled with inexpensive meds... We expect her to Adopt out fast, cos she's a little darling :)

Wrigley - A Puggle Cross. Not sure where he's from.. very shy with Humans, great with Dogs. One of the best Fosters is working with him now to gain his confidence round us.. He'll adopt out in no time once he's ready.

and thats one weekend for me and the wifey... we just help get them to their new homes / fosters...

So if I'm short with anyone come Monday mornings, I hope you all understand why. There are times I really hate the ppl around me....

sighs and looks at the Dog Run Sheets for the coming weekend...

-BrandyE- ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2008 at 9:11 AM

God bless you for doing what you can to make their lives better...All my pets are rescues and have utterly stolen my heart.  If you ever need anyone to run them through arkansas...i'm willing to do what I can.

Brandy

Brandy

gillbrooks ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2008 at 11:09 AM
Online Now!

That brings tears to my eyes.  I wholly applaud what you're doing to help these poor defenseless animals.

We lost our dog in March.  We brought him home from a rescue centre when he was 16months old and he had 10 happy years with us.  He was a bit unruly to start but we took him to obedience classes and he was the loveliest pet/friend anyone could ask for.

He had a big scar under his chin that we have no idea how it happened though we suspect he was kicked and badly treated previously.  But despite this, he had so much love to give.

I have to stop typing now.... can't see throught the tears

Gill

AnnieD ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2008 at 3:36 PM

Bless you Khai..and those who work with you to care for the animals.

The best friend I ever had was a doberman I adopted when he was a year old.  I had him for 16 great years...which is a very old age for a large dog.  I expect to see him again some day.

Thank you!!

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

jaguarwoman ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2008 at 7:46 AM

Several of my dogs are rescues and I swear by the people at Chihuahuarescue.org.  They are the greatest. I've gotten 2 of my Chihuahuas from them and they have been wonderful for me.

But it's also sad sometimes.  I have an 11 year old male Chihuahua from a puppy mill who was also dumped because he developed congestive heart failure at 8.  When he was rescued from the dog pound he was really in bad shape, had never lived inside and had also never been on grass.  He was terrified of my yard.  He was unsocialized to other dogs, never been housebroken, afraid to be touched . . .but he was just pleading all the time for attention which he didn't know how to respond to. He had no play instinct at all because he had never played with other dogs.  What a tragedy.  But he's much better now.  His little body is not stiff every time I take him in my arms.  He did a lot of fear biting the first year because that's what these poor little vulnerable dogs do when they are scared.  But no more, he just sticks to me like glue. He's just got doggie PTSD and has reactions that have no relation to his environment, like he's reliving awful experiences. Isolation and rought treatment and confinement just are terrible for these dogs.  But I LOVE him to pieces, he's so sweet.  4 years later, he's still a terrific choice we made.  We have 5 dogs and I'd love to be a foster dog mother.  May still do that, but right now the group is keeping me plenty busy.

I applaud the work you are doing.  I've seen such awful things with dogs, but the adoptees can make wonderful companions and are worth all the hard work.  How people can treat animals as they do is just something I will never understand.

Dana Sitarzewski
Jaguarwoman Designs
http://www.jaguarwoman.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.